• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bubba45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I sold my SW642, xds 9mm and xds 45..great guns...decided if i want only 5-8 rounds, i will not fully load my Glock
    26/27.(joke). But then my back -up mag has a full load...like a 17 mag for my 26. Real concern is I feel if in a tight, more than likely more than 1 assailant, and i could always carry 2 extra mags.(that is 34 rounds) I know the xds is a thinner gun and I did like the xds 45, but the extra weight/size of the glock is worth the firepower. Better to never need it, than need it and have chosen wrong( as in too few rounds). I refer to my "not fully loaded 26" as a "shlock". I think the glock 19/26 is the best choice for edc. Not a target piece, no work of art, but a hammer. Train all you can, but fact is til you face a situation, who knows where first 5 shots go, my plan is there is another 30 or so to go. I do not own a .380, 9mm is as small as I trust, and I do trust the 9mm. Love my 21 and 30, but i am fully confident of the 9mm. Many ofmy friends who serve this country assure me that during deployment, the 9mm has served them well. Wanna hear your opinions. Guess could have kept the sw 38 , used it first and my reload be the glock 26!

Last edited:

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I tend to carry full size guns. Usually my kimber 1911 government .45 with 9 rds in the gun and spare 8 rd mag. Or my p229 in .40, 13 rds in gun plus 12 rd spare mag. Sometimes my g17 or g23. But i always carry a spare mag and everything is always loaded to capacity. I tried the bug guns like the lcp, g42,g43, and even an older model colt mustang, but found that I could just as easily hide a full size gun that I can shoot better and carry more rounds. As far as caliber, I am comfortable with anything 9mm and above.

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have absolutely no idea what in the world you were attempting to say or ask.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To have a short loaded mag in the CCW is cutting you primary response. Changing mags when you could still be putting rounds in BGs is a no brainer from my perspective. If we could pick our battles, we would always prepare so we would have an advantage: day to day carry does not. You must prepare and carry what YOU expect. It could be s single mugger with a knife or a terrorist with a AK. The only thing I can recommend is carry "enough" to put two rounds in two attackers with a 50% miss ratio and backup mags/ammo to defend and delay waiting for LE or fight your way out or to additional firearm resources. Backup mags carried or in a car never stopped a threat, only what is in the gun has a chance to stop the threat. Some folks short one round over spring concerns but I feel this is unnecessary if you rotate mags and replace fatigued springs.

Bubba45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    like hearing the input. I was joking on 1/2 loading a mag.....i realized mysmaller guns were never the ones i chose, so moved on to what I knew I would carry, to be as prepared as I could reasonably plan for.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sooooooo ...... what are our thoughts on what ?? Not sure what info you need but here goes. -->

To me either a Glock 33 or a Glock 32 is the perfect sized carry gun. My thought is ... Why carry a 9mm when you can carry a 357Sig in the same sized pistol with damn near the same weight.

My Glock 33 is carried when I am in my daily routine. Going shopping at Publix,Wal Mart,scanning the gun shops,etc,etc. It is carried in "the perfect" Galco holster. I carry the mag fully loaded with one in the chamber. My reload is a Glock 32 mag,fully loaded. It is carried in a folding knife holster that the velcro has been removed. The top flap is secured by a plain ol' rubber band that can be rolled off using one hand. Snaps,straps,tearing velcro,and clinks and clanks are not for me if in the "sneak and peek" mode.

My "around the club",in the UTV,or hunting(backup)gun is a Glock 32. Chambered rd,full mag,and a Glock 31 mag carried in the same manner in the above. Glock mags are sturdy,springs are cheap,I have plenty of time to rotate my mags,never had one fail to load a rd when fully loaded.

I got my 357Sig carry ammo AND practice ammo back when it was fairly cheap. It was about the same price as 9mm is today. Got most all my OEM mags used from a member here for (IIRC) < $15 each. My thought was as in para.#2 --- SAWMAN
    Added: as in your above ... for your 9mm choice,the 26 and 19 would be my choice also.

Bubba45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    have a 27 and want to buy a 357 conversion barrel....for same reasons you stated..it is excellent round...guess i was thinking on line that i can not see going with .380....whatever the situation, i would want more than the .380....just the why's and what's of regular folks...not those guys paid to write why you should carry brand xxx ....

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah,the only downside to the chambering (if indeed you consider it a downside) is the loadings and the expense. The "normal" bullets available are good. From rocket to train,IMO. You gotta realize that the ammo you get for the 357Sig has to pretty much come the interweb.

The rd is bottlenecked with a good taper to the case below the neck so it chambers and extracts really easy and IMO is less likely to hang up. Remembering that the bore is .355" and not .357" to me,is a good thing. I kinda equate it to a 9mm+P+. Little snappier that a 9mm but really controllable. Especially the 32 and 31. --- SAWMAN

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Are you trying to decide if you want to carry a G26 w/ extra mags or like a G43 with extra mags or just carry something like a G19 or G17 that is already a higher capacity gun?

Bubba45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    the 26 works, you just carry extra mag of a glock 17....start with the 11 you have in the 26, reload...i know people say the smaller guns, 380/.38 are guns you will carry ..so you are never without a weapon, but I will always have a weapon, and seems 9mm is as small as ever to choose and why go with a 6-8 rounder(i.e. 43), if can only reload with another 6-8 rnd mag. So the glock 26, is the choice over a Shield, simply over the larger capacity mag for 26. The new Taurus G2, is amazingly reliable and well made. Never been a Taurus fan, but do own one now(13 rnds). The S&W snubbie is easy to carry, and even if carry more rounds, i want quicker reload, so reasonable to start with higher capacity, I am the guy who watches a war movie and notices after they take care of the bad guy, they leave his weapon..I think...."might need that weapon and ammo..." or when a guy shoots his weapon empty and throws it down....if he does find ammo, then he has to look for a gun..lol.... I am rattling off thoughts and in no way being disrespectful to others choices and preferences....always carry what works for you and can consistently and quickly place shots....I seen hitting a 10 inch plate at 30 ft repeatedly with dozens of rounds....a deal closer/fight ender.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom