• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Anyone have one? I picked up a 10/22 takedown today and I believe I want to suppress it. I want to keep overall length down, so a screw on can is out of the question as I don't want to sbr a .22

I've shot one before, not sure of who the manufacturer was, but it was badass.

I'm looking at the Gemtech mist22td, looks to be around $500 for the integrated barrel.

Any opinions? Thoughts? Point me in the right direction?

Let's hear it.

7c0c45acab0d887e630d4d58deeff0d5.jpg

Bones2586

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gemtech also has one, do believe it's their "Mist" barrel. Unsure of the compatibility with the 10/22 takedown version. I've got one that was built using a Tactical Innovations receiver and 10/22 parts...quiet as a churchmouse. Fun to shoot!

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    John, MOA made a bunch of 10/22 actions that were not designated as rifles when made. These actions can be used to make pistols without SBR status. If you had the equipment you could build a suppressor, perminetly attached to a short barrel at the chamber end, with a threaded cap on the muzzle end, intended for a MOA action, with an OAL barrel / suppressor of 16.25 inches. That unit would fit the rifle you might have, with a Form 1 suppressor build. You would just mark the barrel/suppressor unit and not have the 10/22 or MOA action until after the barrel was finished. To be able to remove the suppressor the 10/22 would have to be a SBR filing.
    Ed

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I read about your concern for length,

I was thinking the same thing with a suppressed takedown build. I'll say that a 16" with a can attached isn't as bad as I thought it would be. That option is much cheaper and way more versatile. I love the idea of the integral takedown but in the end I wasn't willing to pay the price and have what I felt were less options.

http://www.silencershop.com/silencers/rimfire/gemtech-integral-mist-22-suppressor.html
    http://www.silencershop.com/silencers/rimfire/thompson-operative-10-22-integral-suppressor.html?
    http://www.silencershop.com/silencers/rimfire/yhm-integral-10-22-suppressed-barrel.html

There's a TD option for the MIST, pretty sure there's a TD version of the Thompson, don't think there's a YHM TD version but haven't looked real hard.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    550 for the mist isn't too bad... idk. Maybe I'll just go with a regular can and pick up a P22 or some other .22 pistol to play around with.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    $300-$400 will get you a pretty good 22LR can. With that you'll have the flexibility to swap it around the rest of the of your threaded 22 options.

If you decide on the non integral route. I've got spectre IIs and Sparrows coming. I've also got one more S&W victory with threaded barrel available.

If you do go with the integral, I'm happy to help with a transfer or the Powered By with Silencershop.

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Talked to Taylor this afternoon. He is definitely still doing em.
    Just email from the site and he will get it.

Fishinspot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I shot 2 different integrated suppressed barrels this weekend. One was on a ruger 77, that was a green hornet barrel. The other was a birdsong barrel mounted on a ruger 10/22. Both were amazingly quiet. I shot several auto weapons and 50 cal this weekend but I think I was impressed most with the .22 suppressed barrels. I would love to get one. The click of the trigger was louder than the shot.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After some convincing from friends, I think I'm going to go with a sparrow.

Length being the only downside, I think you'll like being able to move the suppressor onto other weapons vs having it integrated with the barrel etc...

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Length being the only downside, I think you'll like being able to move the suppressor onto other weapons vs having it integrated with the barrel etc...
    I think so too...

Ordered this just a bit ago.

0361994e15ad5297d1f2014682157bd1.jpg

Gonna shoot a few different cans this weekend and see what I like.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I think so too...

Ordered this just a bit ago.

0361994e15ad5297d1f2014682157bd1.jpg

Gonna shoot a few different cans this weekend and see what I like.

That and a spectre is what my takedown turned into. The bx trigger helped too. The worst part is loading mags

Top Bottom