• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Been seeing a few companies making polymer AR lowers and wanted to see if any guys here have had any experience with them or any thoughts on them.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Been seeing a few companies making polymer AR lowers and wanted to see if any guys here have had any experience with them or any thoughts on them.
    They get a really bad reputation for some reason but I don't think there's anything wrong with them for the average shooter / Range plinker.

All the lower receiver does is hold the trigger and other not so important parts . If it was a polymer upper receiver that's where all the action happens and you would have a problem I think. It's basically the same concept as a Glock polymer lower receiver, metal upper... not very many problems to happen in my opinion

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I tried a couple of TNArmsCo poly lowers and the pivot and takedown pin holes wouldn't line up with any of my uppers. They are supposed to be one of the higher quality poly lowers.

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    That is what I was thinking John B that it wasn't any difference than a Glock set up but also had concerns as to what Jeep mentioned that they might not line up as tight and smooth as a forged or billet upper.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a New Frontier Armory poly lower on a plinker that I bought back during the panic because it's the only one I could find. It probably has 500 rounds through it with no issues. However, I will never buy another one. Maybe it was just New Frontier but the quality control was non-existent. ALL of the holes were undersized. I had to take fine sandpaper on a rod and slightly open up all the holes to get the pins in. The bolt catch and mag release parts were a real bitch to get in and to get working freely.

lonesouth

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    was running a TN lower, and the safety detent wallowed out the lower to where the detent would angle when moving the safety. Ultimately the safety became unusable, destroying the detentand the safety selector. Sent it back to TN, they sent me a new lower with an oversized safety detent. Had been considering a poly SBR lower, but this incident made me change my mind.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I've never used a poly lower myself, but given the current market I wouldn't see the benefit of choosing one over a entry level alloy lower like Anderson. Just sayin

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    What is the difference in price between a poly lower and a anodized aluminum BLEM lower. Havent I seen them for $69 or so ??
    Nope ..... poly is not for me either. --- SAWMAN

Capt. Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I had a poly upper and lower with a bull barrel, no issues at all

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a psa ar with poly lower, haven't fired it but, my wife likes it cause it's light, probably no problems for hunt purposes ??? Denny in pace !!!

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Had a cmmg upper with a new frontier lower. That gun was lots of fun and never had a problem. The poly trigger was surprisingly good. As mentioned though, the price differential for an aluminum lower is pretty low in the current market.

**22 cmmg upper

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    yea I am going to go with a aluminum lower but woundnt mind messing with a poly lower one day just hadnt heard anything about them. I want an Anderson Lower just because I have an Anderson Upper.

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess I have six New Frontier lowers, bought them at their store in Vegas. I have never had a problem with them at all. I sent them this picture with the story of how I ran over this one with the bush hog on my tractor. I took the parts off, with a saws all, on Saturday, went to the FWB Gun Show on Sunday, bought a new Wilson upper from the lady that sells the parts, put it together with new pins, it shoots 1 inch!!!
    Ed

Attachments

• AR Mod by Bush Hog.jpg
      AR Mod by Bush Hog.jpg
      73.5 KB · Views: 121
    Top Bottom