IMG_1007.JPG
      48.9 KB · Views: 312

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Yes it's brass case, looked at it yesterday.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I posted this ammo and some other things in the local dealers section but they haven't been approved yet. Just got in 200 pounds of powder and primers too.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I posted this ammo and some other things in the local dealers section but they haven't been approved yet. Just got in 200 pounds of powder and primers too.
    Got it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Surprisingly good deals. I've always wondered why a local dealer doesn't just order in bulk and offer prices like these year round with a steadily available supply. Make it year round and offer some 147 grain 9mm and I will be an exclusive customer for all my firearms needs in the future.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Surprisingly good deals. I've always wondered why a local dealer doesn't just order in bulk and offer prices like these year round with a steadily available supply. Make it year round and offer some 147 grain 9mm and I will be an exclusive customer for all my firearms needs in the future.

I'm betting Mike's gets a better cut than I do but at those prices there's not much to be made.

It's not worth it to tie up funds to clear a single digit percentage in profit. Ammo isn't always available from distributors and when it is the price isn't always great.

Get it while you can. Think about the future, not just the range trip this week end. Ammo doesn't go bad anytime soon and at these prices you should be and to at least get your money back if you need/want to.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah it's not worth it for a small shop but maybe a place like Mike's outdoors could afford to do it for the return in other sales. If they always had ammo I needed at those prices I would never look online or anywhere else when I need something. It would create customer loyalty imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah it's not worth it for a small shop but maybe a place like Mike's outdoors could afford to do it for the return in other sales. If they always had ammo I needed at those prices I would never look online or anywhere else when I need something. It would create customer loyalty imo.

Unfortunately you can't get ammo like this all year long. The distributors and manufacturers simply can't ship quantities like this any time we need it. You would be surprised at how much ammo we have on order from the manufacturers and distributors. If all of the distributors and manufacturers actually shipped 20% of the orders that we place we would have to build a storage facility just for ammo. You have to place millions of $$$ worth of orders to get thousands of $$$ of actual product.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unfortunately you can't get ammo like this all year long. The distributors and manufacturers simply can't ship quantities like this any time we need it. You would be surprised at how much ammo we have on order from the manufacturers and distributors. If all of the distributors and manufacturers actually shipped 20% of the orders that we place we would have to build a storage facility just for ammo. You have to place millions of $$$ worth of orders to get thousands of $$$ of actual product.

Huh that's interesting and answers my question as to why not. I guess the places like SG Ammo and others must have exclusive priority contracts and a huge warehouse to have similarly priced ammo pretty much year round.

I guess the dream of a local one stop shop for all one's shooting needs lives on. If one shoots in any quantity what so ever it would be crazy to not order online or reload.

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess the places like SG Ammo and others must have exclusive priority contracts and a huge warehouse to have similarly priced ammo pretty much year round.
    Yeah, I can't imagine how much they have on order at any one time. I know that we place orders for pallets and pallets and pallets of ammo and we're lucky if we see a fraction of it come it.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom