Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sawman- there is a cleaning patch for air rifles/pistols. It looks like a felt pellet. You can shoot a couple of these through the barrel and it takes the place of cleaning rods or bore snakes. I used them on our match air rifles when I shot on the college rifle team. Champions Choice Shooters Supply out of TN sells them cheap.

Politicians are like wet farts- you just can't trust them.

12 GA
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWMAN View Post
    UPDATE ---> AFTER,and only after,I learned to shoot this gun (thanks to all the input guys),the tree ratz are starting to suffer. And suffer BADLY !!.

Learned ---> The above mentioned pellets are super accurate and for the weight (IMO) pretty fast. However because of the design,with the hard copper plated(?) "BB" in the nose they,have max penetration and not enough shock/expansion. All hits,even on the shoulder and side of the head,have been thru and thru. In the future will give some other brands of pellets a try. All lead and either flat nose or of the HP design.

The above measures that I took to mount the scope and rings must be working .. at least .. so far. I took careful measurements with vernier calipers after mounting,and so far the scope and/or rings have not moved ANY AT ALL. This,after approx. 125 shots.

So far this has been a great gun for the $106. --- SAWMAN
    For sure thru and thru. About a week before the pecans are ripe. They take one bite and throw em on the ground. Out comes the Gamo, it's time to wage war. Average 30 the first week. Tapers way off from there. My employees call it the Grey rain. Crazy fat man throwing paint buckets and squirrels falling from trees
    Ps most pellets I tryed came close to going thru 3/4 plywood. Except the flat crossmans. They seem to dump all the energy and go about half way, but accuracy suffered.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hey sawman, how about an update on your pellet rifle?

Thinking about getting one also, was needing some input on them, looking at thinning down some tree rats around the place,

seem they like to chew on my wiring harness on my Toyota forerunner and chewed up the harness that ain't cheap

My gun has been great for the money paid. The el cheapo scope that came with it is still on it and contributes to the kills. For my intended purpose the .177cal is good. You gotta try different pellets though . . for accuracy.
    A long shot for me would be about 40yds and most are about 25 or so. Make sure to mount the scope "properly". I hate them weenie little claw mounts on the grooved receiver,but mine has held tight so far. Clean all the screws,screw holes,grooves,rings,and scope,before mounting. Tighten all screws properly.
    There is quite a bit of fwd recoil to the spring guns. There was for me a real challenge in learning to shoot one. Your learned and practiced muscle memory is thrown out the window.
    All in all . . . the gun,the pellets,the job it does for me . . . I would give it a 8 out of 10. --- SAWMAN
    "Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A (MK-23 / XM-207)

5. Likes SAWMAN's Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SAWMAN View Post
    My gun has been great for the money paid. The el cheapo scope that came with it is still on it and contributes to the kills. For my intended purpose the .177cal is good. You gotta try different pellets though . . for accuracy.
    A long shot for me would be about 40yds and most are about 25 or so. Make sure to mount the scope "properly". I hate them weenie little claw mounts on the grooved receiver,but mine has held tight so far. Clean all the screws,screw holes,grooves,rings,and scope,before mounting. Tighten all screws properly.
    There is quite a bit of fwd recoil to the spring guns. There was for me a real challenge in learning to shoot one. Your learned and practiced muscle memory is thrown out the window.
    All in all . . . the gun,the pellets,the job it does for me . . . I would give it a 8 out of 10. --- SAWMAN
    Glad to hear you are enjoying your springer.

Some day you need to meet Bruce and I up at my property and I will let you shoot my PCP Airguns. It's a whole different world and the power they have is amazing.
    NRA Lifetime Member

USAF Gulf War Vet.

Would really like to give them a try Ken. Might just possibly have more stuff for your collection also.
    I really do not like the springers. They go against about everything that I have been taught about mounting your weapon for accuracy. I have noticed after shooting it in the backyard quite a bit,my next trip to the range I talk to myself while shooting. Then back home,the first several shots with the springer are complete misses. Some as much as 4 inches at 25yds. THEN . . . . I talk to myself some more. --- SAWMAN
    "Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A (MK-23 / XM-207)

8. Likes SAWMAN's Post: