• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Awhile back I kept reading some very positive reviews of the JP Silent Captured Recoil Spring assy's designed for the AR rifles. These are designed for both the 223/5.56 series of guns and the 308 sized series of guns.

I installed one(JPSC32-15,pre Gen II model)in my 18" Bison(side charge) chambered in 6.8SPCII. I have approx. 75rds thru the gun now using this spring ass"y. I shoot a fairly hot load out of this gun(85gr Barnes TSX @ >3100fps) and wanted something that would make the recoil impulse feel not as "jerky" and give me ease of follow up shots if necessary. (Now,this is my primary nigh time hog gun).

During install I chose to take out the buffer retainer and it's spring as per the directions. Less stuff to malfunction i figured. I noticed the difference right away. You could blindfolded. There is not a gritty feel. There is NO "twang" and/or spring noise. If you cycle the gun by hand there is simply a very quiet "swish" sound. AND the whole cycle is super s m o o t h e . Pulling the BCG to the rear it seems to use the same amount of effort all the way to the rear if pulled super slow.

My brass still ejected to the 3:30 position only a little further away. The brass looked normal. The firing,extracting and reloading process seems faster. Quite a bit faster. AND quite a bit smoother.

You guys that use your AR for competition should really give these a try. To me this, and a great trigger,makes your AR a great shooter.

I will be picking one up for my 308/AR in the near future. --- SAWMAN

Capt. Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The Twang on a suppressed at is very annoying. I too have switched to the JP buffer system. I also have the compact version in my Maxim Defense stock. It's much smaller than a pistol buffer tube. image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      147.6 KB · Views: 165

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dave,

Have you shot the Maxim yet? I like the SCS setup. Contemplating the Maxim if they ever get around to releasing the "heavy" version.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've got one of the SCS systems in my "go fast" rifle and I've been contemplating putting on in my backup as well. I went even further and got their 5pk of tuning springs. I'm using the lightest spring, a low mass carrier and an adjustable gas block to make my rifle shoot VERY softly.

Capt. Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I've got one of the SCS systems in my "go fast" rifle and I've been contemplating putting on in my backup as well. I went even further and got their 5pk of tuning springs. I'm using the lightest spring, a low mass carrier and an adjustable gas block to make my rifle shoot VERY softly.

Any issues with the low mass bolt? I went with the Spikes lightweight bcg instead

Top Bottom