• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TFRIZZ30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can any members or guys that have shot there as guests speak to the atmosphere of the club. Financially it sounds good just wondering about ease of use being on base.
    Thanks

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    What do you do as you are entering the base(federal reservation). Do you have to stop and declare,fill out paperwork,have the weapons inspected ?? Can you stop at the exchange or gas station before/after a range session ?? What about when leaving the base with the weapons ??

Personally ...... I would check all this out before you commit. It just could be more trouble than it's worth ...... or not. --- SAWMAN

TFRIZZ30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sawman those are my same concerns.
    Droshki Thanks for the link it answered some of my questions.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From the thread that was linked...
    ...you were required to have two people at the range in order to shoot.
    What is the reasoning behind that rule?

TFRIZZ30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The range SOP says for medical emergencies there has to be 2 licensed drivers to take the injured person for medical attention.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yes, the 2 driver rule is for medical emergencies. The 2nd person only needs to be on the range premises; they can stay in the car, sit in the clubhouse, etc. Second person only needs to be licensed so whatever the legal age is to drive a car.

Getting through the gate; weapons cannot be loaded which obviously means no CCW either. Weapons must be securely cased, especially when being moved from your vehicle to the shooting line. Securely cased meaning; anything that snaps, clips, zips, and completely encloses the firearm. IE: Don't stick a pistol into a holster and walk it onto the range. Don't throw a tee-shirt over your AR and try walking to the firing line.

Stopping somewhere on the way to/from the range. The rule of thumb is to not leave your firearm(s) unattended. So if you need to get something at the BX (or anywhere else that requires you to leave your car) someone must remain with the firearms. No, you cant take your firearms in the BX! :rofl: Drive-through stops are okay since you're not getting out of the car. Getting gas at the shoppette is acceptable as long as you pay at the pump.

Range BOD president; He is very passionate about keeping the range safe and he has a very strong personality. He doesn't hold grudges and I haven't seen him make things personal. I once received a "gentle reminder" that cell phone use on the firing line is not acceptable. He certainly isn't a reason NOT to get a membership. Just be aware that he will have no issues calling someone out on rules violations.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I enjoyed shooting there. Good safety protocols. Lane dividers can stop a projectile which is cool. Not a fan of 2 person rule as I mostly shoot alone.

Top Bottom