• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Any public servant here that could check the stop sign at 9 Mile Rd and Pine Cone Dr? NOBODY stops at the intersection and I've almost been hit twice by those same people.

Rick

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The sign isn't faded Rick. It's due to the fact that Pine Cone is the connector between 297A and 9 Mile. The fastest, most direct route from Cantonment to Beulah or Baldwin Co. is east on 297A, south on Pine Cone to 9 Mile. It's faster and actually shorter than Muscogee to 99 (Beulah Rd.). Also, if you are leaving Publix (9 Mile and Pine Forest) shopping center and heading to Beulah it's much easier to jump onto 297A and turn on Pine Cone than it is to try crossing Pine Forest Rd. or sitting through three red lights on 9 Mile. I do it all the time. Problem is most people have the insane idea that you can actually travel in time and beat traffic from the Publix intersection by going the back way and it's their God given right to be ahead of that red Corvette they saw waiting for the light to change back at Publix.

I'm surprised that one bugs you that much, you must not have enjoyed the more common fun on that stretch of road. I travel that way almost every day, some days several times. I don't often have a problem with Pine Cone but the one thing you can always bet on safely is someone heading east on I-10 coming down the exit ramp off exit 5 with the intention of turning East and not realizing how short it is before the stop sign on 9 Mile. Watch it closely next time you come through. Most people have to stand on the brakes to get stopped, get stopped with half their vehicle in the left lane of 9 Mile westbound or usually just blow through it. I've seen some amazing crashes right there, I mean really stupid ones where a driver tris to second guess what the speeding car flying down the ramp is going to do. They guess wrong about half the time. I've even seen people try to squeeze through a potential T bone by jumping on the median past the overpass and head on another vehicle travelling east. Over the road trucks usually win that one. I always slow down, watch the folks coming off the interstate and almost always guess which ones aren't going to stop in time.

Now, if you're heading towards Beulah on 9 Mile and someone comes off I-10 wanting to head back West then you can use the available power of that Vette to either race them to the finish line (read that as merging onto 9 mile) or utilize it's fine handling characteristics to attempt missing them before you hit someone head on in the Eastbound lane. If you fail to do so don't be too concerned, the county has cleared most of the trees from the shoulder on the south side of 9 mile, the drainage ditch is fairly shallow and the ground soft enough that when you get side swiped by the SUV trying to beat you to the merge you probably won't roll or hit a tree, merely go off a couple of hundred yards into the woods and require a winch to get you right again.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Maybe this will help...

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
      image.jpeg
      4.2 KB · Views: 170

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Me ---> I'm coming down Pine Cone towards 9 Mile Road. I want to make a right and go towards Bullie Beulah or Chamuckiles or whatever that town out past the NavFed is where everybody is cousins,and the guy ahead of me making a right turn will not turn until every car between Pine Cone and Pine Forrest is out of the way. I mean ........ da Mo Fo's just sit there googlie eyein' down the road like they are gonna get kilt if they venture onto 9 Mile.

DAMN !!! --- SAWMAN

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Me ---> I'm coming down Pine Cone towards 9 Mile Road. I want to make a right and go towards Bullie Beulah or Chamuckiles or whatever that town out past the NavFed is where everybody is cousins,and the guy ahead of me making a right turn will not turn until every car between Pine Cone and Pine Forrest is out of the way. I mean ........ da Mo Fo's just sit there googlie eyein' down the road like they are gonna get kilt if they venture onto 9 Mile.

DAMN !!! --- SAWMAN

I'm offended Sawman! My wife is my SECOND cousin.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Actually the close calls were in my truck, not the Vette, although it get's more than it's fair share.

I see it completely different from 9 Mile Rd Bill, a steady stream of cars and trucks coming through the intersection only stopping if the is a vehicle actually blocking forward progress. If there's a 50' gap between cars they're going, no matter how fast 9 Mile traffic is approaching.

RH

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gotta sack up on 9 Mile Rick. He who has the muddiest, lifted truck has the right of way.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    With NavFed gettin' bigger and bigger,he who owns in Beulah,just might be sittin' on a "gold mine". --- SAWMAN

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With NavFed gettin' bigger and bigger,he who owns in Beulah,just might be sittin' on a "gold mine". --- SAWMAN

I'll just say that price and strategy have been contemplated by me. I was banking (no pun intended) on Navy Federal driving my house value up when I pulled the trigger out here. Ive been offered around 30% over what i payed for my place in 2009. Problem is I don't know where I would move to. Only direction I think I would be happy with is west into Baldwin Co. If I was younger I might think about East Hill again so I could be close to the party but I would prefer rural at this point. We shall see, if I got an offer I can't refuse I'll build a smaller house on at least as much land as I have now. Either that or I could move in with Gendoc in Elbert and we could reload ammo all night instead of watching wife's cooking shows and the Batchelor........:rockon:

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

DAMN !!! --- SAWMAN

It kinda blows my mind how everyone either wants to do 20 over, or 10 under. That's every. Single. Road. From the state line to fwb. In all fairness, I'm in the 20 over camp, but I never get stuck behind two geezers drag racing within in the speed limit, it's always 10 mph slower. *thats my clever way of saying
    rolling roadblock.*

maxfold

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Call your county commissioner in that district , several times !! Call them at home too ! Trickle down effect , and cousins are kissable !!! maxfold

Top Bottom