• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Please join us for our match in Montgomery, AL on February 20th – 21st. The Sweet Home Alabama GLOCK Challenge IV will be hosted by the Central Alabama Gun Club.

You can pre-register and avoid the walk up lines by using the registration form found at www.gssfonline.com and emailing or faxing it to 770-437-4719 by Noon EST on Wednesday, February 17th. If you miss the deadline for pre-registration, bring this email and a filled out registration form to the Walk-Up counter for faster service. Maps to the range can be found at www.gssfonline.com under the Match Schedule section. Just click on the match link for the map!

Help Wanted:

If you are interested in volunteering to be a Range Officer or helper for this match, please contact Kevin Collins at mkcollins@outlook.com . GSSF Range Officers receive a hat and a shirt for helping plus a gift from GSSF and will be entered in a drawing for a free GLOCK Pistol Certificate. We would appreciate your help!

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!

As a GSSF Member, please take the time to post a review on the page and don’t forget to click “Like”! Click the link to view: https://www.facebook.com/GLOCKSSF

DON’T FORGET:

Your entry in the match is an entry in the drawing for the Hand Engraved GSSF GLOCK 30th Anniversary Gun! For additional information, rules and regulations go to 30th.glock.com/#/gssf!!

The GLOCK Girls Side Match is available at every match! All female shooters are eligible for entering this event. The best score wins $100 and guns are given away randomly when 10+ females sign up! Pre-register for this division at www.gssfonline.com!

POCKET GLOCKS DIVISION is available for G42s & G43s. This division follows the same rules and prize distribution as the Major Sub Division. You can pre-register for this division only on the same form as the GLOCK Girls Side Match found at www.gssfonline.com!

Take advantage of the GLOCK Armorer's services on site as a part of your member benefits when attending the match! Information on other membership benefits are posted at www.gssfonline.com in the Hot Topics section.

Here's our CURRENT schedule:

Saturday, - 9:00 am - Registration opens, Shooting begins at
    9:00am, Registration closes at 2:00pm

Sunday, - 9:00 am - Registration opens, Shooting begins at
    9:00am, Registration closes at 2:00pm

Come out and shoot with us! Bring a new member and you and the new member will be entered in a drawing for a GLOCK pistol certificate! For details, visit www.gssfonline.com.

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    I am going to this match on the 20th. Planning on getting up early Saturday and getting there first thing in the morning. If anyone is interested in going let me know and we can get a car pool together.

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    For those who need their extra Glocks to be shot in other divisions but just cant find the time, I will do it for you! I'm just that nice of a guy :)

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    For those who need their extra Glocks to be shot in other divisions but just cant find the time, I will do it for you! I'm just that nice of a guy :)

You're welcome to use mine if we're up there at the same time. I'm going to be stay in Auburn the night before and be there when they open on Saturday morning. Since I'm going to try to shoot at least 5 divisions, I want to get started as quickly as possible before it gets really crowded.

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Thank you for the generous offer. I am going to try and get there at the opening time as well. I will keep up to date with you closer to the date.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I plan on attending. Still on the fence about volunteering to RO for that one. I'm planning to shoot/RO the following weekend in Tallahassee and we shot Orlando a couple weeks ago. Will probably shoot my standard array of 5 divisions but getting a G30 for Major Sub is also on my mind.....

Also, shooting these things on a Sunday 'can' be better as there is far less of a crowd. Still, I shot the match last year and seem to recall it running really smooth.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've got a conundrum regarding this match. My G26 and G17 are dead on out to 25yds but my G34 is hitting high at all distances with my new ammo. It hits about 2 inches high at 7yds and about a foot high at 25. I ordered a higher front sight for the 34, but I don't think I'll have time to test it before the match.

Right now, I feel more confident in the G17, but the G34 has a better sight radius and better trigger. I can shoot the G17 or G34 in "Competition" and "Unlimited," so I can't decide which I should shoot.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I've got a conundrum regarding this match. My G26 and G17 are dead on out to 25yds but my G34 is hitting high at all distances with my new ammo. It hits about 2 inches high at 7yds and about a foot high at 25. I ordered a higher front sight for the 34, but I don't think I'll have time to test it before the match.

Right now, I feel more confident in the G17, but the G34 has a better sight radius and better trigger. I can shoot the G17 or G34 in "Competition" and "Unlimited," so I can't decide which I should shoot.
    Looks to me like the 17 would be the better choice. Time being the biggest factor. Your comfortable with the 17 and know where impact should be. Even after sight install it would take some shooting to build confidence in the 34, especially for a competition. Just sayin

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Looks to me like the 17 would be the better choice. Time being the biggest factor. Your comfortable with the 17 and know where impact should be. Even after sight install it would take some shooting to build confidence in the 34, especially for a competition. Just sayin

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yeah, confidence is the key word there.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So do the sight change and shoot the 34 in Unlimited - just treat it like a warm up. And a $25 raffle for a random <insert prize here>. If there are practice plates available, pay the $1 or whatever it is and run it there before you go. Ask them to paint them up before you shoot so you can see the impact points.

THEN! Go for broke with your 17 in the divisions you want to score well in.

I have a G35 that doesn't have much Glock left in it and I use Unlimited as my wake up and warm up; and a $25 raffle for a possible free gun. Sure, it's another 90ish rounds but - i'm traveling all the way to a GSSF and i want to shoot. So, what's another $25 and ammo?!

Added; If you've been to one of these before, you know that there are folks who are going to be running race gun equivalents in that division. The Masters that win that division are usually shooting in the 40s and the Amateurs are usually in the mid 50s to low 60s.
    .....just a thought

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So do the sight change and shoot the 34 in Unlimited - just treat it like a warm up. And a $25 raffle for a random <insert prize here>. If there are practice plates available, pay the $1 or whatever it is and run it there before you go. Ask them to paint them up before you shoot so you can see the impact points.

THEN! Go for broke with your 17 in the divisions you want to score well in.

I have a G35 that doesn't have much Glock left in it and I use Unlimited as my wake up and warm up; and a $25 raffle for a possible free gun. Sure, it's another 90ish rounds but - i'm traveling all the way to a GSSF and i want to shoot. So, what's another $25 and ammo?!

Added; If you've been to one of these before, you know that there are folks who are going to be running race gun equivalents in that division. The Masters that win that division are usually shooting in the 40s and the Amateurs are usually in the mid 50s to low 60s.
    .....just a thought

Yeah, I was debating on even shooting Unlimited since I almost certainly won't be able to hang with the open guns, but you've got a good point about using it as a warm up.

Top Bottom