• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sounds like a new business opportunity. Secured, protected firearms storage rentals just off base...

I used to have to go on base once a month for work and hated having to disarm since I was driving from Panama City and would normally be coming home at 9-10 pm. I thought about opening a business to do do this right outside the gate but wasn't sure if enough people would pay for it.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Eon's ago, my mom was coming through Corry Field after hitting the commissary. She got inspected and they found my dads 38 in the console. He was a retired Lt. Col and worked at ECSO at the time. They were not happy but made my pops come down to claim the pistol while my moms frozen foods de-thawed, including the ice cream.... I don't remember them saying anything negative about the situation other then the inconvenience of sitting around letting food spoil waiting fer my pops...

As fer your ole lady, I think the job would be much more of a PRO then the CON of not carrying. My ole lady is a principal and has her permit but still doesn't carry due to her being at her school and my son's school most of the time...Most times she's w/ me so she definitely doesn't worry about it then...

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    One of my coworkers has a relative that is in security at NAS. I almost always have a gun in my car. I recently got assigned to do some work on a contract that will require occasional trips to NAS PENSACOLA. I asked her to check if there was any way I could use a lock box or something to store my gun if I had to go to the base. It was a definite no.

We do other work at Whiting and one of our guys had some shotgun shells in the console of his truck when he was going through the gate and they told him he was violating there no weapons or ammo policy. He was banned from the base immediately.

If she takes the job - play by their rules. If you can't, don't take the job. It sucks but flexibility and reason don't always line up with government logic.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Ammo too? I did not know that, even when going to a base and removing my weapons before leaving home I have boxes of ammo, spare mags and such in the truck. What knives are allowed? an OTF automatic?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Just a thought ......... do they check your person or just your vehicle ?? Do they look/search inside a womans purse ?? Do they pat down a woman or a man ?? --- SAWMAN

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just a thought ......... do they check your person or just your vehicle ?? Do they look/search inside a womans purse ?? Do they pat down a woman or a man ?? --- SAWMAN

The thoughts occured to me as well, but I didn't want to say it aloud, as to give the impression carrying a loaded weapon into a base is a wise move.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A simular issue was addressed regarding CC in Post Offices and on Post Office property. Postal employees have been convicted for possession of firearms even when it was in a locked car.

A condition for being given access to enter a base, you grant permission to search. Read the entry signs. You may be stopped at anytime and searched. If you hear evil voices telling you that you can be sneeky:
    1. Don't answer them.
    2. Don't follow advice that hints or tells you to break the Law.
    3. Some of those voices won't be keeping you company in prison or pay legal fees and fines.
    4. Can you really violate a firearms law on a Fereral Reservation roughly 250 days a year X years of employment?

If it has taken this long to decide whether to take the job or not, being armed is the priority. Skip this job.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Top Bottom