• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So your saying I don't need to put my trust name city and state on my SBR's??? I guess the HK USC to UMP Conversion I'm doing does not require it? I have a 300 Blk Out that I SBR'd and I had it etched. I thought that was the norm.

I saw on the H&K forum that the ATF was kicking back the Form 1 if you did not put in one of the area's on the form what your were etching on it.

Last edited:

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    So your saying I don't need to put my trust name city and state on my SBR's??? I guess the HK USC to UMP Conversion I'm doing does not require it? I have a 300 Blk Out that I SBR'd and I had it etched. I thought that was the norm.

I saw on the H&K forum that the ATF was kicking back the Form 1 if you did not put in one of the area's on the form what your were etching on it.

I'm not saying shit!

Just an article on the engraving aspect of the form 1. Take it FWIW.

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

There is no section for that.
    Its common knowledge that the manufacturer's name, city, and state of production is to be engraved.
    They don't ask specifically what you are engraving, its basically implied.

*better wording after I thought about it, its not implied, it says so in the handbook.
    But there is no section.
    You are taking info from the form one in separate boxes, and engraving it.

I hope that clears it up. I know what I am trying to say, just having trouble breaking it down Barney style.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    As a result of a slight discrepancy on my E-form, I was just specifically directed by an ATF agent to engrave and what to engrave, so that's what I'll do. But that's just me. Definitely an interesting perspective, that I may have considered had it not been for the email. FWIW, I chose option 1 to save time.
    c9bc2ee56063f59c65dc845e15d87567.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not sure why so many folks question if and what needs to be engraved, it's spelled out pretty clearly in more than one place I.e. CFR, ATF/NFA handbook, on the form1 instructions......

Sent from my STUDIO ENERGY using Tapatalk

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Not sure why so many folks question if and what needs to be engraved, it's spelled out pretty clearly in more than one place I.e. CFR, ATF/NFA handbook, on the form1 instructions......

Sent from my STUDIO ENERGY using Tapatalk

It doesn't help that the people whose job it is to know this stuff don't know it, give out different answers and interpret opinions as law.

The NFA needs to go away.

Top Bottom