APOD Firearms

Russia's iconic AK-47 to be made in USA...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So the AK-47 has never been made in the US before this?

Yes AK-47's have and are currently being manufactured in the U.S. This is actually the original Russian Kalashnikov company setting up shop in Pompano Beach, FL though. Kalashnikov is the original like a Colt 1911.

Bones2586

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Upcoming road trip! :rockon:

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yes AK-47's have and are currently being manufactured in the U.S. This is actually the original Russian Kalashnikov company setting up shop in Pompano Beach, FL though. Kalashnikov is the original like a Colt 1911.

"The company started making the guns in Pennsylvania last year, but is shifting manufacturing to Florida. Kalashnikov hasn't said why they are moving (I think I know why) or how big the Pompano Beach operation will be."

http://www.kxly.com/news/money/kalashnikov-cranking-up-ak47-factory-in-florida/37668142

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    My thoughts are that an AK has looser tolerances, that's why they work so well in all conditions. I would be afraid of a tighter tolerance US made one for fear that it would not be as reliable as the com block ones made with looser tolorences. I'll keep my WASR, ugly like a Glock, but it always works, just like a Glock.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So what ever happened to the Kalashnikov factory opening up stateside? I have not seen any U.S. made "russian" AKs yet. Anyone know what happened?I thought Obama's ban only affected imports and should not have affected the opening of Kalash mfg here. Dunno.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Recent Trump Administration Russian Sanctions have extended as true Company "relationships" have been found.

https://www.treasury.gov/press-center/press-releases/Pages/sm0114.aspx

"Molot-Oruzhie, OOO*manufactures ordnance and accessories and is located in the Russian Federation.* In 2016, previously-designated Kalashnikov Concern advised a foreign company to use Molot-Oruzhie, OOO to falsify invoices in order to circumvent U.S. and EU sanctions.* Molot-Oruzhie is being designated for operating in the arms or related material sector of the Russian Federation and for acting or purporting to act for on behalf of, directly or indirectly, Kalashnikov Concern."

On the Kalashnikov USA (KUSA) Site it makes reference to the 2014 Sanctions on the "Concern Kalashnikov"(CK) and impact to them. The Extended Sanctions tagged Molot-Oruzhie (guns and other things) for acting as CKs proxy. The web of Banks and Companies is too much for me to bother with but KUSA may be further impacted by their monetary or material relationships.

Dated 3/16/17, KUSA was producing shotguns with rifles do out later (?) this year.

Inter Ordnance/Purple Shovel is building them in Palm Bay, Fl.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't mean to kick start an old thread but I can not find anything on KUSA rifles, only their shotguns. They don't even have a picture of a rifle in their gallery on their website. Wonder whats the holdup.

Top Bottom