• ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'll be in for next year...match registration closed. :(

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I licked the link before I noticed the two pages of posts and it looked like it was still open?

Still showing open for me too. Maybe it tells you the match is full when you actually try to submit your info?

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Yeah not sure what was going on with that, showed registration closed and now back open this morning.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    On the subject of sanctioned matches and classifications... I classified CCP Expert last fall, but I want to shoot the State match in SSP. Can I use my CCP classification or do I need to shoot a Classifier in SSP before the state match?

To answer my own question: Yes, I will need to have a current (within the last 12 months) classification in the division in which I shoot. If my CCP gun were SSP legal (it wasn't), I could have had that classifier count for both divisions. So that means I'll be shooting the ERGC classifier in Feb.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    On the subject of sanctioned matches and classifications... I classified CCP Expert last fall, but I want to shoot the State match in SSP. Can I use my CCP classification or do I need to shoot a Classifier in SSP before the state match?[/QUOT

If you haven't shot a classifier in SSP before, you can use one classification less than your current EXPERT for CCP which would be Sharpshooter for SSP. IF you shot the classifier doubly classifying at the same time and you got EXPERT then, you should be Expert in both classes. If you got to your profile at www.idpa.com and go to classifications, see the link: http://members.idpa.com/Members/Details/149931 you will see you classed as SS in SSP last year, so that will be your classification unless you improve it at February's classifier on the 27th. So you could enter as SS and probably stand a good chance of winning your division since you have been improving well.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    On the subject of sanctioned matches and classifications... I classified CCP Expert last fall, but I want to shoot the State match in SSP. Can I use my CCP classification or do I need to shoot a Classifier in SSP before the state match?[/QUOT

If you haven't shot a classifier in SSP before, you can use one classification less than your current EXPERT for CCP which would be Sharpshooter for SSP. IF you shot the classifier doubly classifying at the same time and you got EXPERT then, you should be Expert in both classes. If you got to your profile at www.idpa.com and go to classifications, see the link: http://members.idpa.com/Members/Details/149931 you will see you classed as SS in SSP last year, so that will be your classification unless you improve it at February's classifier on the 27th. So you could enter as SS and probably stand a good chance of winning your division since you have been improving well.

According to an email from the state match director as well as my interpretation of the rules, I do have to classify in SSP before the match. If my CCP gun had been legal for SSP, I could have counted it for CCP and SSP. My last SSP classification was August 2014, which doesn't apply since it's been more than 12 months.

9.2.3 Every shooter in a Sanctioned Match must be classified per 9.2.1 within the previous twelve months
    (365 days/366 days on Leap years,) in the Division in which he/she is entered.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    At least you made it in. We might not all be squadded together, but I'm sure it'll be a blast! Plenty of "bench shooting" for the months to follow.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Looks like the match is full, but there are spots open on the wait list.

Also, from the match's facebook post:

2016 Alabama State Match Hotel

Comfort Inn & Suites
    10015 Chantilly Parkway
    Montgomery, AL 36117
    (334) 532-4444

Match rate is $79.99 / King $84.99 / Double

*You must call in order to get the match rate*
    Mention "Alabama State IDPA Match"

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just got the following email about the match:

Welcome to the 2016 Alabama State IDPA Championship!

Our goal this year is to have another safe, friendly, & challenging match that will be fun for everyone. The match filled up very quickly this year. We are expecting over 200 shooters!

A full squad list is available at http://matchsignup.org/match/squadlist.php?matchid=626

There are 12 stages with approximately 200 rounds required. The CoF is usually posted by Wednesday before match day. I will be happy to provide a shipping address for those traveling by air that want to ship their match ammo.

As a reminder, the Match Hotel for the 2016 Alabama IDPA Championship:

Comfort Inn & Suites
    10015 Chantilly Parkway
    Montgomery, AL 36117
    (334) 532-4444

The match rate is $79.99 for a king or $84.99 for a double. You must call in order to get the match rate. We have the rooms reserved under the Alabama State IDPA Match. This is an very nice hotel only 12-15 minutes from CAGC. When our block of rooms fill up, they will have more available at Country Inn as 'spillover'. It is directly behind the Comfort Inn and under the same management. Google Map from Comfort Inn to CAGC: http://g.co/maps/ppxnm

There are a limited number of RV and camping spots available directly behind the Club House. You must contact me in order to reserve a RV spot.

Everyone is invited (free family event) to the "Alabama Pig Pickin" on Friday, April 29th starting at 6:30pm at the CAGC Clubhouse & Pavilion.

Shooter's Party and Cookout
    Match pre-registration & pick up shooter packets
    Plenty of food - all you care to eat
    "On-tap" beverages & cold refreshments
    Meet the Alabama Staff, SO's, and mingle with fellow shooters

This is the tentative match schedule (there will be a separate match schedule sent):

Match pre-registration 6:30 pm on Friday night April 29 (Alabama Pig Pickin)
    Match Day April 30th Gate will open at 6:30 am
    Match registration at the CAGC Club House from 6:45-7:30 am for anyone that was not able to pick up shooters packet Friday night
    Shooters Meeting at 7:45----Shooting starts at 8:00 am.

Look forward to seeing everyone at the match,

------------------
    Kevin Collins
    2016 Alabama State IDPA Championship
    http://centralalabamagunclub.com/main/idpa/idpa-state-match/
    http://www.facebook.com/MontgomeryIdpa

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    looks fun. lots of room clearing. gonna be a fun day!

Top Bottom