• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    "Theodore Roosevelt offered Americans a 'Square Deal.' His fifth cousin, Franklin D. Roosevelt, gave us 'The New Deal'" Modern Democrats, who have lost election after election, are now offering the country 'A Better Deal.' ... The [New York] Times story called the Democrats' announcement 'the battle cry of a party in the wilderness.'
    Question: If a Democrat speaks in the wilderness, will anyone hear?"
    —Cal Thomas

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On the McCain issue. It has been around for years, including this alleged recording. The NVA/Gov knew exactly who he was (Admirals Son), hence the alleged offer to release him which McCain refused. Some accounts state McCain made 32 confessions or other propaganda films. I've only seen one short hospital bed interview. If he cooperated in all these films and could be used for propaganda to disgrace the U.S., the military and his father: why was that not done? The U.S. could not censor international release to News orgs of such a powerful tool by the USSR or Chinese. Just one audio recording (if its actually McCain) from some backwater source? It doesn't add up.

Everyone has a breaking point. Some are relatively easy to achieve while others are not. Charges were filed (by a returning Senior POW) against two former POWs (not McCain), both (O5s) were not prosecuted and they were allowed to Retire. People should also understand that most tactical information has a short shelf life, technical information which can't be confirmed has limited value. That leaves three reasons for torture interrogations: a battle of wills, sadistic application and propaganda. Substantiated propaganda from McCain is lacking.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    "Let's remember the founder of the Democratic Party, Andrew Jackson, was a slave owner —
    [Robert E.] Lee opposed both slavery & secession."
    —Dinesh D'Souza

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With no disrespect:

Robert E. Lee: His Brutality to His Slaves in National Anti-Slavery Standard Vol. XXVI. No. 49 (April 14, 1866). Whole No. 1,349. 4.

ROBERT E. LEE.
    HIS BRUTALITY TO HIS SLAVES.

It has frequently been represented by the friends and admirers of Robert E. Lee, late an officer in the rebel army, that, although a slaveholder, his treatment of his chattels was invariably kind and humane. The subjoined statement, taken from the lips of one of his former slaves, indicates the real character of the man:

My name is Wesley Norris; I was born a slave on the plantation of George Parke Custis; after the death of Mr. Custis, Gen. Lee, who had been made executor of the estate, assumed control of the slaves, in number about seventy; it was the general impression among the slaves of Mr. Custis that on his death they should be forever free; in fact this statement had been made to them by Mr. C. years before; at his death we were informed by Gen. Lee that by the conditions of the will we must remain slaves for five years; I remained with Gen. Lee for about seventeen months, when my sister Mary, a cousin of ours, and I determined to run away, which we did in the year 1859; we had already reached Westminster, in Maryland, on our way to the North, when we were apprehended and thrown into prison, and Gen. Lee notified of our arrest; we remained in prison fifteen days, when we were sent back to Arlington; we were immediately taken before Gen. Lee, who demanded the reason why we ran away; we frankly told him that we considered ourselves free; he then told us he would teach us a lesson we never would forget; he then ordered us to the barn, where, in his presence, we were tied firmly to posts by a Mr. Gwin, our overseer, who was ordered by Gen. Lee to strip us to the waist and give us fifty lashes each, excepting my sister, who received but twenty; we were accordingly stripped to the skin by the overseer, who, however, had sufficient humanity to decline whipping us; accordingly Dick Williams, a county constable, was called in, who gave us the number of lashes ordered; Gen. Lee, in the meantime, stood by, and frequently enjoined Williams to lay it on well, an injunction which he did not fail to heed; not satisfied with simply lacerating our naked flesh, Gen. Lee then ordered the overseer to thoroughly wash our backs with brine, which was done. After this my cousin and myself were sent to Hanover Court-House jail, my sister being sent to Richmond to an agent to be hired; we remained in jail about a week, when we were sent to Nelson county, where we were hired out by Gen. Lee’s agent to work on the Orange and Alexander railroad; we remained thus employed for about seven months, and were then sent to Alabama, and put to work on what is known as the Northeastern railroad; in January, 1863, we were sent to Richmond, from which place I finally made my escape through the rebel lines to freedom; I have nothing further to say; what I have stated is true in every particular, and I can at any time bring at least a dozen witnesses, both white and black, to substantiate my statements: I am at present employed by the Government; and am at work in the National Cemetary on Arlington Heights, where I can be found by those who desire further particulars; my sister referred to is at present employed by the French Minister at Washington, and will confirm my statement.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dinesh D'Souza

Dinesh Joseph D'Souza (born April 25, 1961) is an Indian American political commentator, author and filmmaker. From 2010 to 2012, he was president of The King's College, a Christian school in New York City.[1][2][3]

Born in Bombay, D'Souza came to the United States as an exchange student and graduated from Dartmouth College. He became a naturalized citizen in 1991. He is the author of several New York Times best-selling books, including titles on Christian apologetics. D'Souza has been critical of New Atheism.[4][5][6] In 2012, D'Souza released his film 2016: Obama's America, an anti-Obama polemic based on D'Souza's 2010 book The Roots of Obama's Rage; the film is the highest-grossing conservative documentary film produced in the United States.[7]

In January 2014, D'Souza was indicted on charges of making illegal contributions to a 2012 United States Senate campaign, a felony under U.S. law.[8][9][10][11] On May 20, 2014, D'Souza pleaded guilty in Federal Court to one charge of using a "straw donor" to make an illegal political campaign donation.On September 23, he was sentenced to eight months in a halfway house near his home in San Diego, five years probation, and a $30,000 fine.[12][13]

Abu Ghraib:

D'Souza has argued the Abu Ghraib torture and prisoner abuse scandal was a result of "the sexual immodesty of liberal America." He further asserted that the conditions of prisoners at Abu Ghraib "are comparable to the accommodations in mid-level Middle Eastern hotels." [53][54]

Personal life:

In 1992, D'Souza married Dixie Brubaker, whom he first met when he worked in Washington, D.C. They have one daughter, born in 1995. In his book Life After Death: The Evidence, D'Souza stated that Dixie had a near-death experience at the age of 19.[122] The couple lived together in California until D'Souza moved to New York as president of King's College.[123] He maintained a residence near San Diego, where his wife and daughter remained.[124]

In an October 16, 2012, article in World Magazine, author Warren Cole Smith reported on D'Souza's activities after a September 28 talk that year in Spartanburg, South Carolina. Smith said D'Souza, who was married at the time, checked into a hotel with another woman and left with her the following day. In his rebuttal, D'Souza said that he and his wife had separated. He confirmed that he had been engaged to Denise Odie Joseph—herself married to Louis Joseph. After an investigation by officials at King's College, D'Souza stated that he had suspended his engagement to Ms. Joseph.[2]

After D'Souza's engagement became public, the trustees of the King's College announced after meeting on October 17, 2012, that D'Souza had resigned his position as president of the university "to attend to his personal and family needs".[125] Smith noted that D'Souza filed for divorce on the date of Smith's inquiry. D'Souza and Brubaker subsequently divorced.[126][127][128]

D'Souza married Deborah Fancher, a conservative political activist and mother of two, on March 19, 2016.[129] The wedding was held near San Diego, California with Pastor Rafael Cruz, father of U.S. Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX), officiating. Fancher, 50, immigrated from Venezuela at age ten.[130]

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't ~ General George Patton

There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.”

Last edited:

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    “One principal lesson of the Gulf War is that, if a state intends to fight the United States, it should avoid doing so until and unless it possesses nuclear weapons.”

— Krishnaswamy Sundarji, former chief of staff, Indian army

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    There's a race of men that don't fit in,
    A race that can't stay still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
    And they roam the world at will.
    They range the field and they rove the flood,
    And they climb the mountain's crest;
    Theirs is the curse of the gypsy blood,
    And they don't know how to rest.

If they just went straight they might go far;
    They are strong and brave and true;
    But they're always tired of the things that are,
    And they want the strange and new.
    They say: "Could I find my proper groove,
    What a deep mark I would make!"
    So they chop and change, and each fresh move
    Is only a fresh mistake.

And each forgets, as he strips and runs
    With a brilliant, fitful pace,
    It's the steady, quiet, plodding ones
    Who win in the lifelong race.
    And each forgets that his youth has fled,
    Forgets that his prime is past,
    Till he stands one day, with a hope that's dead,
    In the glare of the truth at last.

He has failed, he has failed; he has missed his chance;
    He has just done things by half.
    Life's been a jolly good joke on him,
    And now is the time to laugh.
    Ha, ha! He is one of the Legion Lost;
    He was never meant to win;
    He's a rolling stone, and it's bred in the bone;
    He's a man who won't fit in.

Robert William Service

The Soldier of Fortune by Robert William Service

"Deny your God!" they ringed me with their spears;
    Blood-crazed were they, and reeking from the strife;
    Hell-hot their hate, and venom-fanged their sneers,
    And one man spat on me and nursed a knife.
    And there was I, sore wounded and alone,
    I, the last living of my slaughtered band.
    Oh sinister the sky, and cold as stone!
    In one red laugh of horror reeled the land.
    And dazed and desperate I faced their spears,
    And like a flame out-leaped that naked knife,
    And like a serpent stung their bitter jeers:
    "Deny your God, and we will give you life."

Deny my God! Oh life was very sweet!
    And it is hard in youth and hope to die;
    And there my comrades dear lay at my feet,
    And in that blear of blood soon must I lie.
    And yet . . . I almost laughed -- it seemed so odd,
    For long and long had I not vainly tried
    To reason out and body forth my God,
    And prayed for light, and doubted -- and denied:
    Denied the Being I could not conceive,
    Denied a life-to-be beyond the grave. . . .
    And now they ask me, who do not believe,
    Just to deny, to voice my doubt, to save
    This life of mine that sings so in the sun,
    The bloom of youth yet red upon my cheek,
    My only life! -- O fools! 'tis easy done,
    I will deny . . . and yet I do not speak.

"Deny your God!" their spears are all agleam,
    And I can see their eyes with blood-lust shine;
    Their snarling voices shrill into a scream,
    And, mad to slay, they quiver for the sign.
    Deny my God! yes, I could do it well;
    Yet if I did, what of my race, my name?
    How they would spit on me, these dogs of hell!
    Spurn me, and put on me the brand of shame.
    A white man's honour! what of that, I say?
    Shall these black curs cry "Coward" in my face?
    They who would perish for their gods of clay --
    Shall I defile my country and my race?
    My country! what's my country to me now?
    Soldier of Fortune, free and far I roam;
    All men are brothers in my heart, I vow;
    The wide and wondrous world is all my home.
    My country! reverent of her splendid Dead,
    Her heroes proud, her martyrs pierced with pain:
    For me her puissant blood was vainly shed;
    For me her drums of battle beat in vain,
    And free I fare, half-heedless of her fate:
    No faith, no flag I owe -- then why not seek
    This last loop-hole of life? Why hesitate?
    I will deny . . . and yet I do not speak.

"Deny your God!" their spears are poised on high,
    And tense and terrible they wait the word;
    And dark and darker glooms the dreary sky,
    And in that hush of horror no thing stirred.
    Then, through the ringing terror and sheer hate
    Leaped there a vision to me -- Oh, how far!
    A face, Her face . . . through all my stormy fate
    A joy, a strength, a glory and a star.
    Beneath the pines, where lonely camp-fires gleam,
    In seas forlorn, amid the deserts drear,
    How I had gladdened to that face of dream!
    And never, never had it seemed so dear.
    O silken hair that veils the sunny brow!
    O eyes of grey, so tender and so true!
    O lips of smiling sweetness! must I now
    For ever and for ever go from you?
    Ah, yes, I must . . . for if I do this thing,
    How can I look into your face again?
    Knowing you think me more than half a king,
    I with my craven heart, my honour slain.

No! no! my mind's made up. I gaze above,
    Into that sky insensate as a stone;
    Not for my creed, my country, but my Love
    Will I stand up and meet my death alone.
    Then though it be to utter dark I sink,
    The God that dwells in me is not denied;
    "Best" triumphs over "Beast", -- and so I think
    Humanity itself is glorified. . . .

"And now, my butchers, I embrace my fate.
    Come! let my heart's blood slake the thirsty sod.
    Curst be the life you offer! Glut your hate!
    Strike! Strike, you dogs! I'll not deny my God."

I saw the spears that seemed a-leap to slay,
    All quiver earthward at the headman's nod;
    And in a daze of dream I heard him say:

"Go, set him free who serves so well his God!"

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    "By the way, does the statue of Union Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman qualify for removal? He once explained his reluctance to enlist former slaves, writing, 'I am honest in my belief that it is not fair to our men to count negroes as equals ... [but] is not a negro as good as a white man to stop a bullet?'

It's difficult to determine where this purging of the nation's history should end."
    —Walter Williams

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    the only thing worse than reading HRC new book, is to have to listen to the audio book version:

Gov Mike Huckabee

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    “The Left has finally found the only immigrant in history who had no right to come to America. The only one who didn’t improve the place by his presence. His name? Christopher Columbus. His crime? Violating the sovereignty of the people who lived here already. Plus, he was the wrong ethnicity. Try making that argument about any other immigrant to America and see how long you keep your job.”
    —Tucker Carlson

Danoobie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "I can always get more generals, but horses cost money!" --Abraham Lincoln--

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    One eyed scout report to Colonel Custer on June 24 1876. "They is just a few Indians. We can surround'em in the morning"

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    "What goes unappreciated is just why America's leftists' movement attacks the Founders. If they can delegitimize the Founders themselves, it goes a long way toward their agenda of delegitimizing the founding principles of our nation. If the leftists can convince the nation that men such as George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and James Madison were good-for-nothing slave-owning racists, then their ideas can be more easily trashed. We find the greatest assaults on our founding documents on the nation's college campuses."
    —Walter Williams

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I am an American male. I believe in the Almighty God who created us and the atoning blood of His Son, Jesus Christ. I do not judge a person by the color of their skin. I believe in and have lived the American dream, having steadily and gainfully employed 25 people for over 40 years, black and white.
    I pay my taxes, take care of my family, believe in charity, always have and always will support our military, and I believe in the second amendment and the purposes its authors had in writing it.
    I bear no undeserved ill will against any man, try to speak the truth, stand by a commitment and believe that I have a right to speak my mind in any forum, and do so quite often.
    I am not politically correct, or bound by the artificial bonds placed on society by those who are.
    And for all you people who have and will call me a hillbilly and a redneck, I have two words:
    THANK YOU!!!
    What do you think?
    Pray for our troops, our police and the peace of Jerusalem.
    God bless America

Charlie Daniels

https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/...l-me-hillbilly-and-redneck-i-have-two?ref=yfp

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    "If a senator drove a car into a river and left a woman there to drown and didn't notify the police, would that be considered resignation-worthy now? Or are we still not to that point?"
    —Frank Fleming​

latch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    “We can make safer weapons; we can make safer bullets.”
    Jocelyn Elders Surgeon General under Bill "worthless piece of crapola" Clinton

Top Bottom