• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shipwreck

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Recent Dan Wesson purchase. I have owned many 1911s over the years - this is my favorite one to date, easily...

Valor-hammerdown1_zps7a05555c.jpg~original

Valorside3_zps6119ad59.jpg~original

Shipwreck

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Man, it shoots awesome. First time I got one that didn't have three dot sights. I didn't know how I would like it. But damn those sights work so well. It is my fav 1911 I have ever owned, and I have owned some semi custom models before. It shoots VERY nicely!

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Glad to hear that. It is a great looking pistol.

It does look good. I'm debating between a used Dan Wesson and a used Ed Brown or a brand new Nighthawk AAC Recon. AHHH! It's killing me. But I won't know till I handle them.

Shipwreck

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought the Dan Wesson three hours after I put a deposit down on an Ed Brown. Special Forces. I used th have a Special Forces about four years ago. Honestly, had I gotten the Dan Wesson first, I probably would not have out the money down for the Ed Brown... That is how nice this Valor is.

Egordon71

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One more for the must have in the "Collection" she's a new one but I till I find the perfect all Belgium she'll do.
    7dc28e5600f1d882598243459ad4c429.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Egordon71

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Very nice! I had one in the early 90s and let it go, I'm so glad to have one back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Got a new Ed Brown on Saturday... Pic of it with my Dan Wesson Valor :)

Pair1000_zps23d48bc6.jpg~original

Very nice, Sir. How do they compare?
    I saw a Special Forces at Jim's for $2200, almost picked it up. Very nice guns indeed.

Shipwreck

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If that was new, that was a damn good price. I paid just over that plus tax...

Someone else at Glocktalk asked me a similar question - this was part of my response:

This part is about a thread on 1 forum where we voted for our favorite brand of 1911....

I might sound idiotic... But....

I have the new Ed Brown, and I owned the exact same gun from Ed Brown several years ago. So, I know what I have, and it is a fantastic gun!

But, despite the cost and the higher "level" of the Brown... At this point, I will say that I voted Dan Wesson. I don't know what it is about the stainless Valor, but I think it's my favorite 1911 I've ever owned... And, the two 1911s I have now put me at #'s 9 and 10 for the # of 1911s I've had over the years. I fell in love with the Valor as soon as I picked it up at the local shop.

So, I voted Dan Wesson....

And another part of a post I made on another forum:

Well, I like them both A LOT. I ordered the Brown in July, and then stumbled upon the Valor later that day at the local shop. I played with it like 10 min, and went home. I could not forget it, and looked at what I could sell to cover the cost. I then went back to the shop 15-20 minutes later and bought that Valor.

Now, I once had a Special Forces before... About 5-6 years ago. I also had a Springfield Custom Shop gun previously too. I was/am SUPER impressed with the Valor. It's not a custom/semi custom. But, it is very nicely put together... Before I got this new Special Forces in yesterday, I think the Valor was my fav 1911 I've previously owned... I had a few issues with my Springfield Custom years back - I'd say that I like this Valor much more. And, the construction of the gun is better.

I will also say that had I seen the Valor and bought it 1 week earlier, I probably would have been satisfied and not even ordered the Brown.

With this new Special Forces in my hand, now - it is a sweet gun. When you the two guns directly, you can see a slightly higher level of detail and fit in the Brown compared to the Valor. The Valor uses some Ed Brown parts, though, so there are some similarities.

I have always liked 3 dot sights, but the sights on the Valor made me change my mind on that. I was considering changing out the rear sight on the Brown to match. But after shooting it today, I will leave well enough alone. I'm not gonna mess with the sights...

In the end... BOTH are fantastic guns. The Brown is made a little better, but I shoot both of them really well. I like the Valor enough that I plan to custom order a 9mm Valor bobtail, without the bobtail (just a commander). I have the price from Dan Wesson - they just aren't taking new order until January. They seem to be busy catching up and preparing for some new releases... And for Shotshow. So, unfortunately, I gotta wait 3 more months or so before I can place my order...

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Makes sense, sometimes you just make a connection, and that's that. Congrats on both, they're definitely on my list, nearly just as yours sit, as I just recently got into the stainless ones.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411758056.783688.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411758056.783688.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411758056.783688.jpg
      47.9 KB · Views: 221

Gene

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My latest 1911

Colt 1911CCG TALOS ED going to shoot it this weekend. Now my Officers model has company!

Attachments

• 20141008_093811-1-1-1.jpg
      20141008_093811-1-1-1.jpg
      170.3 KB · Views: 146
    Top Bottom