• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unfortunately, I have to provide the negative side to my earlier positive reviews on TGD.

I went to them back in January to buy a blue label Glock 26 Gen 4. Heard nothing from them for two months. Went back in and still nothing except a comment of having trouble getting guns from distributor. Next month same thing. Next month, same thing. Finally, I decided to quit waiting and to find another dealer and have it shipped to TGD as a transfer.

Finalized the deal, got the FFL info and paid for shipping. Gun arrived at TGD two days later (last Wednesday) and when I hadn't heard anything from them I decided to contact B&H Police Supply where I bought the gun from. They immediately sent me the tracking number and copies of paperwork where it stated to contact me.

I go in there today and inquire about my gun and was told that they don't contact the buyer. What??? Really, that is the customer service answer and policy??? How hard is it to make a phone call when the contact info is clearly listed on the paperwork.

Very disappointed. Am I wrong to be upset?

so wait a minute, let me understand this...
    you bought a gun and had it shipped to them, you knew it was there, but was waiting on them to call you? Did you ever consider just picking up the phone and calling them? You essentially removed yourself from their ability to make any profits by purchasing online but still require their customer service. If you knew the gun was there, why be so insistent they call you? Not meaning to sound like a smartass, but if you take emotion out of the equation and consider both sides, you seem kinda diva-ish. For my own curiousity, did you ever call or visit TGD to let them know you had made a purchase online and was sending the gun to them for a transfer? More importantly, did you ever seek their permission to send a gun to them? They have a responsibility as an FFL to receive, log, and transfer the firearm, all of which is time consuming around other customers, phone calls, inventory, business tasks.

I dont know any "PC" way to respond but I dont mean to be an ass if taken as such. I mean no disrespect by my comments.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    The bottom line is everybody is responsible for their own business. Yes, a phone call would have been nice but ultimately everybody needs to stay on top of things if they want things done to their satisfaction.
    I've had to follow up twice just today with things that should have been done last week by businesses. I was giving them a chance to do things right and they failed. I wish I had called earlier. That's just the way it is these days.
    I'm not saying that you or TGD is in the wrong, just saying that if you want it done right, do it yourself.

budbreak96

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    so wait a minute, let me understand this...
    you bought a gun and had it shipped to them, you knew it was there, but was waiting on them to call you? Did you ever consider just picking up the phone and calling them? You essentially removed yourself from their ability to make any profits by purchasing online but still require their customer service. If you knew the gun was there, why be so insistent they call you? Not meaning to sound like a smartass, but if you take emotion out of the equation and consider both sides, you seem kinda diva-ish. For my own curiousity, did you ever call or visit TGD to let them know you had made a purchase online and was sending the gun to them for a transfer? More importantly, did you ever seek their permission to send a gun to them? They have a responsibility as an FFL to receive, log, and transfer the firearm, all of which is time consuming around other customers, phone calls, inventory, business tasks.

I dont know any "PC" way to respond but I dont mean to be an ass if taken as such. I mean no disrespect by my comments.

I don't know, I think I have to side with OP on this. It's all about customer service. There aren't many stores you can go to around here and get good customer service anymore. That's a locally owned gun shop, I've been in Jay's "and I don't really care for them" before and heard the guy calling a customer letting him know his gun just arrived, me being me asked him how much do they charge for a ffl transfer if I buy a 1911 offline and I believe if I remember right it was $25 or $30. when I asked how long would take he said as soon as it arrives we will call you as long as we are open, if it arrives late in the evening and we are closing if we can get ahold of you one of the guy's will stay and wait for you if it's only going to take 15-20 mins. Customer Service, I'll pay extra to have Good Customer Service. I will use Nate for anything I need as long as he can get it, He is Great about letting you know when something comes in, If you call him for something and he only has 3 left, he has always been a man of his word and held things for me when other people have tried calling him trying to buy it and they will come right now, Loyalty he tells them they are already sold. No games about I'll give you $5-$10 extra if I can come buy them. Not only that but when you can go to a place and talk with them about certain things and you know they are telling you the truth and not trying to sell you on something, etc...When you ask for a part and he doesn't have it and he offers to take it off his personal weapon and sell it, I'm a life-long customer.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hate to break up the love fest here but I went into TGD once. Was looking for a particular pistol that I had researched for weeks and had very good reviews, along with a relatively low price. Don't know the name of who I spoke to but was basically told the gun I wanted is a piece of shit and they didn't sell them. He then started showing me guns for $200-$300 more. If I wanted to spend $200-$300 more that's what I would have asked for in the first place. Left the store and never went back. Went to another store who had the gun, gave me a good price on it and talked about how many they sold with no problems and the owners all seemed to be happy with them. Guess if you don't want a Glock or AR they don't want your business...

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What gun was it?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Taurus TCP. Have a few hundred rounds through it now with no problems after a very few FTF(eed) in first few magazines. Gun does everything I expected of it for a great price.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    IMO ---> This is not directed at TGD Firearms. I was not there to witness the problem that fv22 had or felt that he had.

If you walk into a gun shop with one particular gun on your mind,they should try to sell you or at least find you THAT GUN. It is not their job to try to talk you out of anything,Hi-Point,Davis,Jennings,Lorcin,etc,etc,included. They surely could simply ask you if you wanted a recommendation of another weapon. If you were not interested,it should be dropped and the customer should be free to walk out the door.

If the customer is interested in a recommendation,the shop should make that recommendation based on the customers stated needs. NOT the price of the gun. If I were witness to a high pressure sales person in a gun shop,one that tried to convince the customer that he wanted something when he really didn't, I'd have to say something. I'd get the manager or owner involved. Depending on how they reacted I would most likely get asked to leave the store. FINE ..... do I really want to do business with them anyway ?? --- SAWMAN

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Can't blame them for being honest... the tcp is a piece of shit.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Can't blame them for being honest... the tcp is a piece of shit.
    I have to agree with that one. I've very seriously considered opening a gun shop, and if and when, you can bet your ass, I'm not carrying Taurus. Lol

Last edited:

BigDaddy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like my Taurus Dan. We can all have Kimbers. But the TCP is hard to wipe your ass with, that's about all its worth. My millennium series is a dependable shooter

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Makes sense, I'm sure some work, but as a business owner, the small margin on such low priced items wouldn't be worth the warranty work headaches, not to mention hurting the reputation of the business itself by having someone talking about the POS they bought at the place. You live and die by word of mouth, so IMO it's not worth the hassle and risk. JMO, YMMV, etc etc.

budbreak96

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have always said I would Never Have A Taurus. Now that I have a revolver that is a Taurus it's stainless-steel It is now my go to gun if the SHF, I have a Glock 27, Ruger LCP, etc.. That Taurus is going to knock any other pistol I own or know of out of the water. That being said, I to this day will never own a Taurus semi-auto pistol. I've had my Glock for 15 years and I wont ever sell it or my pocket rocket Ruger .380.

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I knew Dave before he opened his shop an he lived in pace, always a great man to deal with , very respectful an helpful, some may have different options but, they will have them no matter where they go !!!! Thanks Dave !!!! Denny in pace !!!

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As they say opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one. When I wanted to buy a pocket pistol was low on cash so bought what I could afford at the time. Would I have liked a Sig, Barretta, Kimber etc. Hell YEAH. But I went for what I could afford then. Am I sorry I bought it, Hell NO. Other than the very few FTF problems in first few magazines it has performed flawlessly since then. As they say when that happens to an expensive gun it's due to breaking in, when it happens to a "cheap" gun it's because it's a piece of shit. I can get 3-4 inch groups at 10 yards, not bad for a tiny little pocket pistol with an average shooter. I bet most people who would never own one never used one.

Besides, this thread should have nothing to do with a particular firearm, should be about customer service at a local establishment. Most people here have had good experiences there. Mine was not so good IMO.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    maybe a case of a misunderstood message. I dunno, I wasnt there, nor am I here to defend TGD. I sell tires, I always suggest a higher quality tire than our cheapest if thats what they're looking at. I want to always be 100% clear the customer knows the other options, the pricing differences, and the reason for the pricing differences (ride quality, stopping distance, wet weather traction, mileage, etc). I ensure them the more expensive options cost more for good reason, not always just because of a name. Some people dont like to hear the message, some are easily offended, some just dont have the budget for the Michelins. All that is well and good, but leaving my store with the cheapest tire I sell, they fully well know what they purchased and the expectations are realistic. That being said, I never talk dirty about even our cheapest tires, they're always better than what the car came in with and new tires always benefit someone moreso than worn out tires. Just as an analogy.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Kenny, do you sell Cooper over there ??

OH .... forgot to ask .... I happen to like Cooper tires(and Taurus revo's) .... does that make me stooooopid ?? --- SAWMAN

Last edited:
    Top Bottom