• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CAVU9

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I visited this store a couple of days ago and was very pleased with the store and the service I was given even though I made no purchase that day. I live only a couple of miles down the road, so I see no reason not to make this my LGS. However, I would like to hear your views. If they are positive, please let me know. If negative, just let me know of another store that you prefer in the Pensacola area.

I'm a Glock fan, so knowing they are a blue label dealer is a huge plus also.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Probably my favorite gun store around... I live way down the highway in gulf breeze, and pass 3 others to go shop at TGD....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RGriff

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've only had the privelage of going there once and by far it is my favorite. I live In Milton and work in FWB so I have a lot around me too. I had great service and the prices were very competitive and a lot cheap than most.....

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Looks like you're already sold on em. ;)
    Been there a few times myself, Dave and Steve are always great to deal with.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Alcolee

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've never purchased anything from there, but have been in and browsed and shot the breeze several times. Each time David and Steve (I believe that's his name???) were very nice and helpful. I'm planning to do my first AR build in January and I've already been talking to them about what to get and they've been more than willing to chat and offer advice. The place I work is just a mile or so from them so I'll probably be getting most of my parts from them.

Al

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So are they officially a glock blue label dealer? I knew it was in the works, just never heard if it was complete.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    They have been for several months.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Not too sure about the Black Friday sale hosted their this year as I was out of town, but on BF 2014 my neighbor (BigD) and I picked up S&W Shields...great price, great service. Now that they are a local Glock Blue Label dealer...may have to visit more often...just don't get to that side of town often. I highly recommend them...

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The guys over at TGD are honest and friendly. Dave and the guys over there are knowledgable and if they don't know the answer, they probably know who to ask.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    not real sure what it matters others experiences if you had a great experience yourself. Careful what you ask for on the internet, hahaha.

For what its worth, Dave and Steve have also been real good to me as well. I have made a couple of purchases from them the past year and a half and been excellent each and every time. More importantly, I find myself eating lunch there once or twice a week as a getaway from my workplace and I've never felt unwelcome. Great folks that deserve your business

CAVU9

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks to all. I liked what I witnessed during a 10 minute/no purchase initial visit, but wanted more confirmation. Went back today and bought an HR holster for my 43 and hope to purchase a Glock 26 when their next Blue Label shipment arrives. With them only a mile from the house, I have a feeling I will make regular visits.

Last edited:

CAVU9

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unfortunately, I have to provide the negative side to my earlier positive reviews on TGD.

I went to them back in January to buy a blue label Glock 26 Gen 4. Heard nothing from them for two months. Went back in and still nothing except a comment of having trouble getting guns from distributor. Next month same thing. Next month, same thing. Finally, I decided to quit waiting and to find another dealer and have it shipped to TGD as a transfer.

Finalized the deal, got the FFL info and paid for shipping. Gun arrived at TGD two days later (last Wednesday) and when I hadn't heard anything from them I decided to contact B&H Police Supply where I bought the gun from. They immediately sent me the tracking number and copies of paperwork where it stated to contact me.

I go in there today and inquire about my gun and was told that they don't contact the buyer. What??? Really, that is the customer service answer and policy??? How hard is it to make a phone call when the contact info is clearly listed on the paperwork.

Very disappointed. Am I wrong to be upset?

Last edited:

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I've only been in there twice and they seemed like good people but yeh, doesn't seem like it would be that much trouble to pick up the phone and it would foster good customer relations for sure.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been in TGD three times. The first time I called them and asked if they had a Glock 19 Gen 4 and what price. They told me the price and it was better than the other two places I called and I thought that was good enough. I drove from Milton and bought it that day. I was in there for ten minutes and walked out with the gun for the price they stayed on the phone. David was who I talked to on the phone and in person. Good experience.

Second time, I was looking for a new boresnake. Found what I wanted but David pointed out another one that he said was better quality AND a dollar or so cheaper. Awesome. Bought it and left. Another great experience.

Third time I was just passing by and decided to go gawk at a couple guns, since I was thinking about my next rifle. I have since nixed that plan since I realized I have no way to gather and filter water for my family during an emergency scenario, so I've adjusted fire and now am focusing on food storage and water procurement. Anyway, I asked to see an AK and David gave it to me. Then I asked to see a M&P-15. David showed it to me but then suggested that I hold something else. He gave me a Ruger AR-15 and he told me about how they're high quality and cost even less than the M&P. Sweet! I'll be considering that when I do decide to buy another rifle. I went ahead and bought a couple of PMags for my current AR. I don't want to be that guy that just shows up to hang out and fondle all the rifles and waste a businessman's time.

I consider TGD to be my LGS, even though it takes me 40 minutes to get there.

Top Bottom