• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok, not like I don't have enough projects but here's one I'm going to knock out pretty quick after the holidays.

What you see in the photo is a fuselage ladder. It's used to bridge over a fuselage so you can work, along with various other uses. Its 9' 3" wide and 6'6" tall at center. This one has been in storage and I had to figure out what to do with it. It's very well made, all aluminum and welded. I didn't want to bring it home unless I could figure out something to use it for since it is pretty large. I was pushing it out of the way and complaining about storing it when Rick (Shootinstarz.) came up with a great idea. Make a greenhouse!

So, I'm going to cut it in half through the rungs so that each half is an end piece. I have a lot of 2" square aluminum tubing and another pile of 2" aluminum structural angle. I'm going to slide 10' lengths of the tubing over the cut rungs and bolt in place making it roughly 11' x 9' in footprint. I'll also make a pressure treated box from 4x4s for it to sit on bringing the height to about 8'. Then I'll frame up the ends to install exterior metal doors I have in storage. Finally, I'll sheet the exterior with 2'x12' clear polycarbonate sheeting. Inside will have hooks, a work table and plenty of space for pots and growing trays. Lastly, I'll plumb a PVC water supply line to it.

This will work out well, especially since wife wants it at the Southeast corner of the property where it will get the most sunlight. At that location she will be at the opposite end of the yard from my workshop. This will serve several purposes, the main ones being she'll finally have a greenhouse likes shes been bugging me for and keeping her occupied and out of MY shop so I can work on all of the other damned projects I'm committed to.:eyebrows:

Attachments

• IMG_20151219_143438017-1.jpg
      IMG_20151219_143438017-1.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 435

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got just thing for you Frank, and it's free! You just gotta drive over here with a trailer and get it.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I see a platform fer my boat!!! Depending on the length, put a platform up top and have a tower fer a boat!!!

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well then what about a rose arbor for a little people wedding lol

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I could sell it and make enough for another AR but I want to use it somehow. Thought about using sheet metal instead of the clear, leaving the ends open and making a boat shed out of it. Rick thought I should do that but instead of a boat I have to buy a Corvette. That would be fine but I was blessed with an adequate Johnson so I don't need a Vette...............

Jk Rick.

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Your intended use is perfect if it will make the wife happy, happy wife everybody happy !!! Good going an Merry Christmas!!!

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll get a pic totomorrow Frank.

Jason, it would have to be a wide boat.

Width yeah, but length would work out....I've really been looking fer one of them band director platforms made outta aluminum fer this purpose....hahaha

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Because we've already given away about $200,000 in tools and equipment, not to mention airframes for educational purposes but no one wanted the ladder. Actually, boss has probably given away double that figure.

I've changed plans a little bit, I'll finalize over the holidays and start cutting next week.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here you go Frank, your new duck stand or hog blind. Just bring a trailer and a sawzall.

Attachments

• IMG_20151221_153826539.jpg
      IMG_20151221_153826539.jpg
      946.8 KB · Views: 243

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Thanks Sean, you are too good to me, but I will take the ladder instead, I have no use for a plane even though in scrap I am sure it is worth a nice amount.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wouldn't be the first time we jacked up a data plate and taxied a new airframe under it. But, who wants to spend that kind of bucks on a Navion? Plenty of them out there for sale. Same with that V35 I posted last week. Sure you can, but should you?

Latest posts

Top Bottom