• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jagerslayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wish I had cool stuff in my yard. Would work out great in my haunted house I do every year. Post pics of your final project.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok, weather and work schedule finally cooperated so I got a little done on this project.

Yesterday I got the ladder cut in half, the structural stringers cut and bolted in place, the bases pieces (4x4x12') drilled and pneumatic casters mounted and finally frame sitting in place on the base. Came out 9' wide, 11' long and 7' high inside measurements.

Got all the polycarbonate sheets purchased so today I'll start skinning the outside. Roof will be metal and sides metal two feet up from base. Everything else will be clear then end caps and door installed. I'm going to hinge some of the poly panels so they swing out and lock open and install a fan in the flat back wall for circulation. If this does work out and I don't decide to make this multipurpose I will remove the casters and sit it on concrete blocks then anchor it to the ground.

Attachments

• 20160131_094832.jpg
      20160131_094832.jpg
      375.7 KB · Views: 244

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just rolled it back to the shop. Apparently I picked the correct casters, it's almost too easy to push which means I'm really going to have to anchor it down well. Even when I get all the sheeting on it the weight won't be but maybe 200 lbs.

I just put the cross ties in and not it's super stiff in all directions. Hell, I may put a TV, cot and AC in it and live there.

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Been that light, you could put a handle on it and tow it behind your bicycle :rockon: are those 6 " wheels

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Your gonna end up not doing a goddamned thing with that. It will sit in your yard and get in your way until your wife gets pissed off and tells you to get rid of it. (Been there - done that !)

Sooooooo ...... given that ...... just let me know when you want the PITA factor to be reduced by a factor of 100,and I will help you out by coming over to get it one day when your wife is at work.

I have a real use for it and if you do not accept this offer my next conversation will be with your wife to the tune of ......... "I offered but he refused and said ... and make sure not to tell the wife".

See ...... I know how to work this thing. --- SAWMAN
    ADDED: AND .... I noticed in the last two posts above that I am now a SUPPORTER and your just a Moderator. HA !!

Last edited:

Woogie Bear

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Your gonna end up not doing a goddamned thing with that. It will sit in your yard and get in your way until your wife gets pissed off and tells you to get rid of it. (Been there - done that !)

Sooooooo ...... given that ...... just let me know when you want the PITA factor to be reduced by a factor of 100,and I will help you out by coming over to get it one day when your wife is at work.

I have a real use for it and if you do not accept this offer my next conversation will be with your wife to the tune of ......... "I offered but he refused and said ... and make sure not to tell the wife".

See ...... I know how to work this thing. --- SAWMAN
    ADDED: AND .... I noticed in the last two posts above that I am now a SUPPORTER and your just a Moderator. HA !!

That's just dirty. Down right dirty. I thought we were all friends here.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its OK Bear, the reason Saw's name shows up in green is jealousy. Some of us have a lot to do during the day instead of eating in fancy restaurants and creeping around in the woods late at night searching for Porky.

Look and weep oh bearded one: inner structure almost complete. Clear panels go on Saturday while you sit at home digesting breakfast. Next time I see your poor suffering wife in the restaurant I'll show her these pics and ask what HER husband has done lately besides coming home late at night smelling like gunpowder and dirty animals only to sit in the living room all day farting and screaming at Brighthouse.

Attachments

• 20160211_082738.jpg
      20160211_082738.jpg
      310.5 KB · Views: 198

dirtysouth

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Greenhouse on wheels? Nice... That way you can haul ass with it when the popo show up.:D

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    That's my plan. Once I decide whether weed or poppies are more profitable I can finalize the design. I'll be the Walter White of the organic gardening world.

go with organic green weed...organic sells....yuppies buy....poppies are bad juju...

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Don't forget about "magic mushrooms".

Your post #29 is a perfect bio of me. Remember me this way when I am no longer above dirt. Remember ---> "The worms crawl in,the worms crawl out,the worms play pinochle on your snout". --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Still haven't done anything whit that totally wortless aluminum stuff huh ?? As time goes by,pretty soon you will have to pay me to come over and get it you know. So why the heck don't you just "deciede" on your own to give it to me now. --- SAWMAN

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Will be glad to give the sawman a hand on moving if he needs any help :hippie:

Still haven't done anything whit that totally wortless aluminum stuff huh ?? As time goes by,pretty soon you will have to pay me to come over and get it you know. So why the heck don't you just "deciede" on your own to give it to me now. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah, now Sean is affraid to attend another GCFC breakfast get together because he knows I will hit him up to take that uh-woom-we-um stuff out of his yard .... even though for now I have waved the disposal fees. --- SAWMAN

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dang. Maybe I ought to put it on ebay. Ran into a friend that drove by my house and saw it out back. He wanted to buy it.

I actually did get a lot done yesterday but figured out I need to bond all the clear panels together before I screw them in place. Trying to do that tonight in the shop.

Guess it's a good thing I don't have the walls in yet. I don't have it anchored down and with this weather it would have made it to Saw's house by itself.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I just mailed off your address and the tidbit that you are super interested in buying some more of them yummy steaks that are sold off the back of them tiny little trucks by them guys out on parole.

Told them to bang on the door really hard because you are hard of hearing also. Next comes telling them that you want the steaks and if you are not home it is ok to just leave a half case of steaks and take the flat screen.

THEN ---> calling Brighthouse and have them install service to your house when you are off at w***. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:
    Top Bottom