• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingpin939

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is it safe to shoot out of my T/C Omega? I know its slow burning high pressure powder. I definetly don't want my breechplug between my eyes! I love the idea of not cleaning my smokepole after every shot. Does anyone have any load data or pressure traces for T/C Omega and BH209?
    I was gonna start with 195 gr parker ballistic extreme and 80 gr of BH 209 and work my way up in 10gr increments. I KNOW IT'S ILLEGAL TO HUNT WITH BH 209 DURING PRIMITIVE WEAPON HUNTS ALREADY, SO SAVE IT. Any input or info appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Oldshooter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is it safe to shoot out of my T/C Omega? I know its slow burning high pressure powder. I definetly don't want my breechplug between my eyes! I love the idea of not cleaning my smokepole after every shot. Does anyone have any load data or pressure traces for T/C Omega and BH209?
    I was gonna start with 195 gr parker ballistic extreme and 80 gr of BH 209 and work my way up in 10gr increments. I KNOW IT'S ILLEGAL TO HUNT WITH BH 209 DURING PRIMITIVE WEAPON HUNTS ALREADY, SO SAVE IT. Any input or info appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I too am about to try some BH209 in my CVA. I've read a lot about BH209 ( Huntingnet.com)and I don't think that you will have any issues. Question though- How did you find out that BH209 was illegal to hunt with during Primitve Weapon Seasons? I have made many inquiries and not gotten an answere.
    Thanks, as I looking forward to your reply.

Kingpin939

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oldshooter, I'm on another forum called Dougs Message Board that you really should check out. Ive just heard on there from some other members from Pensacola that have said its illegal during primitive weapon. Check out their modern muzzleloading sub forum. VERY informative!!!

Oldshooter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Kingpin, and be sure to go to the muzzleloader forum at Huntingnet.com

Oldshooter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To be absolutely clear, I contacted Florida Fish and Wildlife and Blackhorn 209 is legal for use in Florida during all muzzleloader seasons (primitive weapons). CASE CLOSED!

notcreative

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oldshooter, I'm on another forum called Dougs Message Board that you really should check out. Ive just heard on there from some other members from Pensacola that have said its illegal during primitive weapon. Check out their modern muzzleloading sub forum. VERY informative!!!

Thanks for telling us about this message board - I'm still trying to learn about black powder.

Oldshooter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for telling us about this message board - I'm still trying to learn about black powder.

I've gone to Dougs message board a number of times, but it doesn't get much activity, much like this site. Of course this site is new.
    HuntingNet.com is much better, especially when it comes to black powder and many of those who post there are very experienced.
    Ask a question there as a newcomer, and you get pages of responses - references to other threads that have loads of info. I visit that site multiple times a day.

Top Bottom