• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was offered this "Chinese NHM 91" as a trade. I know nothing about them, so I'm hoping GCGF can help. I'm interested in quality, value, things to look for, etc.

09bcb692ce775c318b06703a32481641.jpg

c5bb95d71c302934f66167b246700a41.jpg

836a0488addb12644c2a0832f05f6c57.jpg

26ac680fcbfc9cd2fdfa19031106f1ac.jpg

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    The NHM-91 is a semi-automatic civilian development of the Russian Kalashnikov AKM and RPK infantry small arm built by Norinco of China and marketed in the U.S. by China Sports Inc. of Ontario, California (CSI Ont, CA). A civilian semi-auto variant of the Russian AKM (Chinese Type 56) rifle, the NHM-91 was built to imitate the appearance of the Russian RPK light machine gun. First imported and marketed in the United States in 1991 by ChinaSports Inc., NHM-91's were modified to meet the requirements of a 1989 Executive Order by President George H. W. Bush prohibiting importation of certain 'assault rifle' configurations of military-style semi-automatic rifles such as the Norinco AKM/AK-47. These modifications included a one-piece U.S.-made thumbhole stock to replace the separate Chinese-made buttstock and pistol grip of the original AKM/RPK rifle and the inclusion of a rivet on the receiver preventing use of standard AK-47, RPK, or AKM magazines. All Chinese rifles were banned under the 1994 Clinton administration or AWB Ban and no Chinese AK variants were allowed to be imported.

Based on the Russian RPK light machine gun, the NHM features a stronger receiver and a longer, thicker-profile chrome-lined barrel measuring 20 inches (508mm) compared to the 590 mm (23.2 in) of the original RPK, along with a forward-mounted steel bipod.[1] The NHM-91 was equipped from the factory with two 30-round magazines and a 75-round Chinese drum magazine.

Like the RPK, the NHM-91 utilizes a heavier-gauge stamped sheet metal receiver built from 1.5mm-thick stamped sheet metal instead of the 1mm thickness typical of a Soviet or Chinese-made AKM, resulting in increased rigidity, heavier weight, and improved overall accuracy. The longer, heavier barrel reduces shot dispersion and gives the NHM-91 a longer sight radius, again resulting in improved accuracy over the typical semi-auto AKM. Trigger pull weight is also lighter than other AK designs, and some users report the rifle capable of 2-2.5 minutes of angle accuracy or better with factory 7.62x39mm ammunition.

As far as value goes, these seem to be selling between $900-$1000 and, in some cases, a little more. It all depends on the market of the area. Norinco made some of the best AKs on the market. They are highly sought after. The NHMs were built like tanks. The one you are looking at appears to have had the stock changed since they came with the thumbhole stock. To me, this would not detract from the value.

I hope this helped you out.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thanks Tackleberry. That info helps quite a bit. Unfortunately the gentleman didn't bother to tell me he was a resident of MS, so I doubt the trade will work out.

Top Bottom