• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Hello all!
    Our last couple of matches for the year will be GSSF "STYLE".
    NOVEMBER 7th and
    DECEMBER 5th
    We allow almost any handgun (sorry, no 22LR or MAGNUM calibers) from any manufacturer to compete in the event. We group up entries into three divisions.
    1) Double stack (10+1
    2) Single Stack (6+1)
    3) Revolver
    The Ladies can choose to shoot in their own division as well.
    Fee's:
    $15 range fee which gives you access to the range for the entire day before/after shooting the match.
    $5 per entry/gun. Additional entries can be purchased for $5 at the shooting bays.
    Lanes open at 9:30AM and will close no earlier than 2:30PM. There are no "squads" in GSSF! You simply show up at a time between open and close that is convenient for you and shoot your entries. If we get a good turn-out we will keep the lanes open until 4:30PM. Scott closes the range at 5PM.

HOW IT GOES:
    We setup three courses similar to the GSSF which include; 4 runs on a plate rack, 3 runs on the "M" and 3 runs on the "5" as a single entry. Reloads are NOT on the clock and magazines/cylinders can be topped off as needed between runs. We follow a "COLD RANGE" policy in the match area so please bring a bags/holsters/cases to transport your unloaded firearm from station to station. Pretty much just like any other action shooting sport/event, there will be an established "safe area" setup and magazines reloads can be conducted anywhere on the premises.

Feel free to hit me up with any questions you may have.

Michael 'Khaotic' Radenheimer

Last edited:

poppop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    please forgive poppop but he doesn't know what GSSF stands for?

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    GSSF is the Glock Sport Shooting Federation.
    It's hosted by Glock and the sanctioned events are spread across the US. They even do an "indoor" league but with a much different format than the outdoor.

At Bullets and Bones, the event is not an offical GLOCK event. So any firearm can be used. We just picked the format as a way to get more people exposed to it. It's also a great way for those of us who attend sanctioned events to practice.

It's somewhat like Bullseye shooting only there is no limit to the length of time you take to complete a string. Targets have scoring zones complete with a "down zero" and hits in the C ring add 1 second and hits in the D zone add 3 seconds. Misses add 10 seconds. Shooting at paper is like Limited Vickers; only 2 shots per paper per string unless you are shooting single stack, then it's only 1. In our GSSF "LIKE" event, revolvers also get 1 shot on paper per string. Courses can be shot in any order and only run once per entry (gun). You can run it again but would have to pay for another entry.

I'll show these in the order I shoot when I attend the sanctioned events.

View attachment 37649
    5 to Glock. Shooter will take position behind a table/stand and unbag weapon and magazines. The shooter is then given a chance to take a loaded sight picture. When the shooter is ready to begin, the standard "Are you ready, Standby, buzzer" On the buzzer, shoot each target (twice for doublestack, once for single stack). The time it took to run that string is then recorded. The shooter will then be instructed to reload for the next string. This is done 3 times.

View attachment 37650
    Glock M. Shooter will take position behind a table/stand and unbag weapon and magazines. The shooter is then given a chance to take a loaded sight picture. When the shooter is ready to begin, the standard "Are you ready, Standby, buzzer" On the buzzer, shoot each PAPER target (twice for doublestack, once for single stack) and engage ONE steel. YOU CAN RE-ENGAGE STEEL IF YOU MISS. The time it took to run that string is then recorded. Keep in mind reloads are not on the clock; if you run dry trying to hit the steel your string is over and the total time is recorded. The shooter will then be instructed to reload for the next string. This is done 3 times.

View attachment 37651
    Plates; Shooter will take position behind a table/stand and unbag weapon and magazines. The shooter is then given a chance to take a loaded sight picture. When the shooter is ready to begin, the standard "Are you ready, Standby, buzzer" On the buzzer, knock down all the plates. Any plates left standing if you run dry will count as a 'miss'. EACH miss adds 10 seconds to your time. This is done 4 times.

Last edited:

poppop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    that sounds like fun. one other question; how physical is it, I have MS and have limited mobility.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    There is no movement like you'll find in USPSA/IDPA/IPSC. All of the targets within each course can easily be engaged within a 45 degree cone, down range.

Starting position is at the "low ready".

It's a great way to shoot with the 'stress' of a timer but there is no holster draw, mag changes, and running/ducking for cover. Just concentrate on shooting.

I've treated GSSF as a great way to introduce folks to something other than completely static shooting. I really like the format because you still have that time versus accuracy element.

Perhaps the best thing is that there is no 'squad time' simply show up during the hours of the match and run your entries. With one entry the whole thing can be over inside of 15 minutes. If it's your first one I strongly suggest running it more than once. I typically take 4 or 5 guns when I shoot it. 3 or 4 doublestacks, a single stack (1911), and a revolver.

Last edited:

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    In a double stack entry you will want 100 rounds and a single stack or revolver you will want at least 50. You should have some (approx 19 or a little less) left over.......

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'll be there helping out until I have to hit the road at noon. I may shoot an entry just use it as sudo practice. Shooting the St Augustine GSSF on the 8th.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    if I can get some plate rack practice time at ergc Friday. I would love to use 1911 for a glock shoot. I will shoot it Saturday

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    6+1. It's a lot of fun

SpitFire

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    We have 2 plate racks with the 8" plates so practice/matches here mimic GSSF the best. Unless things have changed, ERGC has 10" plates and will ruin your practice.

Yep, next match is December 5th!!! We start shooting at 0900 and finish up around 1400. Always looking for volunteer RO help!

Bob

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We have 2 plate racks with the 8" plates so practice/matches here mimic GSSF the best. Unless things have changed, ERGC has 10" plates and will ruin your practice.

Yep, next match is December 5th!!! We start shooting at 0900 and finish up around 1400. Always looking for volunteer RO help!

Bob
    We shot the ergc plate rack Sunday as a side match to the usual idpa match. 8 inch.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

kanaka

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe I've overlooked it but what type ammo? Don't know how FMJ on steel will work.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    No 22 caliber for the match

Non-magnum calibers work fine. Use 38 Special or 44 Special where applicable.

For steel 45 Auto is fine either cast or FMJ.

Top Bottom