• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    This is just too cool Published on Oct 4, 2015

FIRST KILL EVER USING A SUPPRESSED SHOTGUN AND THERMAL COMBINATION. ARMASIGHT ZEUS PRO THERMAL AND SILENCERCO SALVEO 12 FROM SILENCER SHOP.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, thanks for watching...the hog was dead after the first slug, he just had not bled out, these are exterminators taking out destructive pests that cause hundreds of thousands worth of damage on these ranches.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, thanks for watching...the hog was dead after the first slug, he just had not bled out, these are exterminators taking out destructive pests that cause hundreds of thousands worth of damage on these ranches.

I'm all about taking out destructive pests and I'm fully aware of the practice as I do it myself here in FL on a private ranch... however, the shooter (perhaps you know him) even admits the ammo was not up to the task. I shoot hogs and coyote for the same reason... but I also make sure I use the proper gear.

I guess I'm just getting old and soft...

ETA- according to his AAR, the first slug hit high on the shoulder and apparently did not his the spine on it's way out in the neck area... and it appears the BS was ineffective.

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    No problem, it was just an experiment for the suppressor/thermal shotgun combo and to get it on film. Todd has killed over 2000 hogs and certainly knows how to do it. The first shot was a kill shot and as you know sometimes they run before they know they are dead. This is certainly not his normal use of the tools he has, the 6.8 and 308 are his typical firearm. He would be the first one to tell you it is not ideal and not anything he would recommend, there should be many comments on his Youtube channel on this video. I shared it here for entertainment purposes only

Top Bottom