• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RL-Photo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone purchased a glock triggers trigger? The skimmer and hackathorn triggers stood out to me but wanted to get others opinion. I'm looking for a "practical" trigger that can grow with me in competition shooting. I'm more about crispness and reset than lightest pull weight

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Anyone purchased a glock triggers trigger? The skimmer and hackathorn triggers stood out to me but wanted to get others opinion. I'm looking for a "practical" trigger that can grow with me in competition shooting. I'm more about crispness and reset than lightest pull weight

I haven't used any of those triggers, but pay close attention to the legality for whatever competition you'll be shooting. Some aftermarket triggers are allowed and some are not, depending on what division you want to shoot.

RL-Photo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I haven't used any of those triggers, but pay close attention to the legality for whatever competition you'll be shooting. Some aftermarket triggers are allowed and some are not, depending on what division you want to shoot.

I was hoping out resident trigger expert would chime in. What brands do you prefer? Wish I could put something as smooth as what's in that 700 I took off your hands

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was hoping out resident trigger expert would chime in. What brands do you prefer? Wish I could put something as smooth as what's in that 700 I took off your hands

I embrace the trigger snob title, but I'm far from an expert. :humble:

I've got a little time now, so let's see what I can come up with.

First, good luck getting a glock trigger in the same universe as that Rifle Basix trigger.

Personally, I've used a factory Glock minus connector, a lone wolf 3.5 connector, a Ghost trigger (I pulled the complete unit out of a gun I bought used, so I don't know what all parts were used), and a Zev kit. The Ghost is the best one, followed closely by the Zev. These kits use lower weight springs, which I wouldn't recommend unless you use soft primers and/or a lightened, extended firing pin. The reduced power trigger springs can also cause the pistol to become unsafe because the middle part won't reset completely.

I just looked at glocktriggers.com and I see that the "Vogel" trigger is legal for IDPA SSP and USPSA Production. Given that, it will be legal for any division above those. The "Edge" trigger is legal for IDPA CDP/ESP/CCP and USPSA Limited/Limited 10/Open. The "Edge," therefore, is not legal for SSP and Production.

Lately, I've heard some good things about Vanek triggers in Glocks, but I don't know anything about them.

Hope that helps, even a little. Let me know if you need any clarification.

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have an "edge" polished in my 34 and a zev full fulcrum in a g20. I like the "full" but that is all I have to compare to. happy to bring the 20 to next ergc/idpa to check out.

RL-Photo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Barebones I am gonna try and take you up on that offer, we have 3 kiddos under 2 years so my ability to attend a match is up in the air. I did call glock triggers.com today and the owner (I assume) said that all of their triggers are IDPA legal for all match types. The prices are a bit steep and I don't know how much is paying for the Haley blessing.

shadeogray

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I did the Ghost trigger and springs. It's like an entirely different gun now.

RL-Photo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for all the feedback, Ryan I will take you up on that ZEV, I have heard good things about them as well and that will be an easy start, shoot me a message when you get it

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When you change the trigger out, also change the firing pin safety plunger to the titanium plunger. The hard surface of titanium will make a real difference with just a touch of lube. If you make the change in two steps you will feel the difference immediately.
    Ed

Top Bottom