• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thinking about giving up one of the Shields and picking up the wife a Walther PPS. Any owners out their with some negatives besides the funky mag release? I've read mostly positive reviews and hardly any negatives.. Thanks! :mullet:

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Biggest negative for me was the price. I liked the mag release, size, feel and trigger. In the end though, the shield was much cheaper for me.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hanukkah is coming up Frank so if you play your cards right... :kev:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I really like my PPS, but definitely wouldn't trade my shield for it. Mag release is awkward and the extended mag caught my palm on release without the "fat" backstrap on it. I carry mine every now and again in a mtac infidel holster, but my go to is the shield in a crossbreed knock off.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I own both the shield and PPS. The PPS is my carry gun. I like the mag release and its more accurate than the shield for me. Fit and finish is better in my PPS as well.

Kanaloa

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The PPS has come down in price over the last 6 weeks or so. I saw one on sale for about $350 delivered not long ago. I would have bought it...if I had discretionary funds. It's on my list to purchase, because I like the slide release. However, I do think the pistol is rather ugly compared to a Shield. Just can't beat the Shield.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The PPS has come down in price over the last 6 weeks or so. I saw one on sale for about $350 delivered not long ago. I would have bought it...if I had discretionary funds. It's on my list to purchase, because I like the slide release. However, I do think the pistol is rather ugly compared to a Shield. Just can't beat the Shield.

If I could have found a pps for $350 delivered, I'd probably be carrying one. With today's market, it's not crazy but that price is well below dealer. Good on you for that.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dang $350?! I would have been on that faster than Obama on a glass of grape Kool aid. Not seeing them for any less than 5 bills around here used

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Buds may still have them for 380$ free shipping.

I own a p99, and have owned others in the past. The mag release is easy enough to figure out, I wouldn't bounce between it and a standard or heal if you plan to need a speed/tactical reload in real life.(i don't
    carry reloads except at work). From what I understand the shield is smaller(bonus for the pps in my book, I don't like micro guns but i do like single stack). I like the looks, features and idea of the pps, but I'm not trading my 3953 in on one. I'd keep the shield if I were you, why go through the holster/mags/may yak if arms to gain, what exactly?

Actually I'm lying. I'd sell the shield, look for a pps, and end up with a third gen smith that I wouldn't shoot much or carry. Just ask the rev, he will tell you.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Beggars can't be choosers but tgey can be delighted! Just back from a visit to Indiana visiting my daughter and her Family. As usual, they provide me with a "Loaner" CC handgun and Rig. I got a Walther PPS (9mm) and a Sticky Holster. I had shot this pistol when they lived in FL pre HM, POA was POI into 4 inch group @ 10 yards with this small sigle stack pistol. 100 Rounds: no problems. Striker/trigger was about 6lbs and broke much cleaner than my Glocks. This version (M2 LE) had the push button mag release, night sights and came with 3 mags! Since this wasn't my normal CC gun, I practiced draw/handling and noticed what I had over looked before: the ergonomics between the grip and sights in my medium size hands; every time I drew and raised the gun: the sights fell in perfect alignment! What! Yep, pure magic, natural pointability. To be specific there wasn't any need to center the front nor level the set, they just fell in place naturally.

I priced the PPS M2 LE (night sights, w 3 mags) on line and found it for $319. If your interested, handle one. If the "magic's" there: buy it!

Joeinfl

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree with wildrider. I just picked up the PPs M2 LE version, put 150 rounds through it and I am impressed. I normally carry the Shield 45 but this PPs is going in rotation. It never missed a beat right out of the box and it feels every bit as good as my HK VP9 at half the price. The M2 version has the grip mag release not the paddle.

Top Bottom