• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Walkerproof4202

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It has gotten to the point that I felt that I had to ask others about their experiences on losing charging handles on semi auto shotguns. So far I have had two Remington 1100's and my newest semi Beretta 1201FP, that I have lost charging handles on. These each have totally different locking systems securing the charging handles into the bolt, the Remington using a spring detent and the Beretta using a c-clip. I have even paid focused attention on these parts when stripping them down and reassembling, to try to prevent this from occurring again, but, to no avail. The 1100's I have almost always lost charging handles during dove season while shooting. The 1201FP loss was today as I was carrying it scouting for deer season.
    I was wondering if this is a common occurrence with any forum members especially for the 1100's as not to many folks have the Beretta 1201FP.

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't hunt but shoot a ton of skeet at SRSC. I have an 1187. Never had a problem with it but I'll keep a better eye on my CH now...

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My brother has one of those berettas, and never had a problem. The fact it keeps happening to you would lead me to think it's something your doing/sling/carry method. I'm wholey unframiliar with semi scatter-funs, perhaps lock tight the screws?

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been shooting Rem. 1100s since 1974 and have never had a handle come out.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Have been shooting 1100 for over 40 years, and working on them for that long, have never, just had one just fall out, have replaced some that people have lost when they took them out and some was because , something happen to the retainer's . How some get out is people are pulling out on the handle when they pull back on it, and this will pull the handle out just a little and then it will fall out. This is call op error, and they don't know they are doing it. See this a lot in a lot of difference things. such as auto pistol' jamming from limp wrist , people will say they are not doing it. Not saying this is what you are doing be just some the thing to look at. just my 5 cents

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Not sure if your 1201FP charging handle is like the one on my Benelli M1 Super 90 however I believe that it is.

My charging handle has gotten pretty sloppy over the years however I just checked mine(thanks for the heads up)and it WILL NOT come out when the bolt is in battery. With the bolt slightly out of battery it still goes in and out the hole with distinct pressure and a "click".

I have heard tell that some of these guns have had or are having problems with the charging handles due to the big/huge aftermarket charging handles that some owners just feel they gotta have. (same with 1100's and 11/87's)During the fwd and back movement of the bolt during fireing there is more inertia placed on the handle due to it's added size/weight,and this is slightly opening up the hole. IMO ....... there is a good reason for the size of the charging handle to be the size/weight/shape,length that is is. --- SAWMAN

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With the 391 Beretta the charging handle can only come out when the barrel is out or its chamber is forward of the normal firing position. You might lock the bolt back, set the gun butt down, then with the barrel in place, tighten the barrel nut on top of the magazine tube. That might fix the charging handle falling out. Other than that and / or if you have lost a part, no clue without laying eyes on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom