• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RL-Photo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What are the dates in october for matches? Looking to shoot IDPA for the first time and thinking this is the month it's gonna happen!

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sunday, the 18th is a classifier match. The following Saturday, the 24th will be a regular IDPA pistol match and may include a side match.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you have never shot IDPA before, I would skip the classifier and go to the Sat match.

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    If you think you might show up for the classifier, check out the "Tips for the Classifier" posts in the IDPA section. Lots of good info.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I think I made Expert, so anxious to see. Getting old:yawn:, my days are numbered always want to go out on top. :rofl:

You didnt get the email about the scores being lost? :rofl:

J/k. Congrats! You been tearing it up lately.

Qoholeth

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I'm working up to the gold barrel & vented slides of my idols. Maybe one day before I become irrelevant, I'll qualify for the all metal guns.:peep:

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The scores are not losteth. Young squire will probably have to inputteth manually to their system. You should have received the results by email and they are also posted on Practiscore.com. The name of the club to search is "NWFDPS" Then you will see the attached matches to that club.

Gas Port

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mike- I was planning to shoot the up coming qualifier with my new to me revolver. At the qualifier in the spring I saw a gentleman shoot his revolver single action. He said it was allowed and I cannot find it in the rulebook. Can we shoot the revolver single action?

Qoholeth

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    IDPA web site reports Classifiers scores are updated, many thanks to Hipower, for persistence.:clap2::clap2:

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mike- I was planning to shoot the up coming qualifier with my new to me revolver. At the qualifier in the spring I saw a gentleman shoot his revolver single action. He said it was allowed and I cannot find it in the rulebook. Can we shoot the revolver single action?

Regarding shooting a revolver in single-action, I cannot find where it is disallowed. HOWEVER, remember that IDPA "IS A GAME" and if that shooter wishes to slow down his time by cocking the hammer before firing his shot, that may give better accuracy results, but it will REALLY SLOW DOWN HIS TIME. Also, during a gun battle, I don't think a shooter is going to take the time to cock the gun he is using to defend his life UNLESS he is behind good cover and needs the better accuracy to get a good shot AT A DISTANCE. Close-up engagements will more likely result in one using the double-action feature of the firearm. Let's face it, Jerry Miculek DOES NOT COCK THE HAMMER of his revolver to get off eight shots in one second.

Top Bottom