• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well.....I tried Styx River a while back....Not for me...and it was a water haul from where I live....but ERGC appears to be a nice drive also...I am located in NE Pensacola ....I don't see any other ranges any closer than ERGC..and I have got to get back on a range....Just wanted some feedback from you guys on what the environment was like.....Didn't like Styx because no rapid fire was allowed then...and the crowds ...too many young people playing. So how have you folks who are members at the ERGC liked it ? What are the do's and don'ts that you did or did not like ?

All input appreciated

Thanks

levi3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been a member for a few years. It's a great range for the money. The administration is investigating a lot of time and money improving and expanding the facilities. I will admit at times it gets crowed, but if you are flexible with your schedule you will find the days and times that work for you. A great group of shooters that area always willing to help if needed. They also understand when to leave you alone. The range officers do a outstanding job of keeping the place running safe and smooth. I highly recommend ERGC. Stop by one day, Tuesday through Friday, check in with the RO and let them show you around. Or just pm me , I'll take you out as a guest and we can do some shooting and you can see if the place fits your needs.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'll second what levi3 said. Been a member for awhile, great range and great staff.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I used to be a member back when it was ERML,
    but have switched to bouncing back & forth between the
    Hwy 29 pawn shop range & Santa Rosa Shooting Range...
    Pistols Indoors at PW, or rifles & pistols at SR...

I may get back into IPSC, IDPA or GSSF competition soon,
    in which case ERGC is THE place to be,
    but until then, the other options give my minivan less of a headache ;)
    That road sucks donkey butt.

garryj

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I used to be a member back when it was ERML,
    but have switched to bouncing back & forth between the
    Hwy 29 pawn shop range & Santa Rosa Shooting Range...
    Pistols Indoors at PW, or rifles & pistols at SR...

I may get back into IPSC, IDPA or GSSF competition soon,
    in which case ERGC is THE place to be,
    but until then, the other options give my minivan less of a headache ;)
    That road sucks donkey butt.

If you're referring to Rocky Branch Road, it is paved now. The only dirt road is from Rocky Branch to the gate. Also, I do not believe ERGC does the GSSF matches anymore. They still sponsor IDPA, Cowboy, black powder and military matches. You can find more info at http://escambiarivergunclub.org/.

Garry

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you're referring to Rocky Branch Road, it is paved now. The only dirt road is from Rocky Branch to the gate. Also, I do not believe ERGC does the GSSF matches anymore. They still sponsor IDPA, Cowboy, black powder and military matches. You can find more info at http://escambiarivergunclub.org/.

Garry

Good to know that they paved Rocky Branch!!
    Did the anti-gun homeowners sell out also??
    Twerps used to toss roofing nails on the road to screw the folks headed to the range...

garryj

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I believe that the county signed over the land ERGC is on to ERGC's Educational branch. Don't quote me on this, but I will try to find out the details and post here. As far as I know, the homeowners have remained pretty quiet.

Garry

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    good range, been a member there going on 3 years. lots of shooting sports, adding range area. good bathrooms. nothing negative to say. they are having a expo next month come check it out.

Lindenwood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have definitely enjoyed my experience at ERCG. While not by any stretch "unsafe," I would definitely describe it as "relaxed." Bringing my own steel targets provides a lot of fun for myself (and other shooters!), and as mentioned above, the fact that they trust people to draw from a holster is nice.

Honestly, the only real drawback has been the short ranges as my interest in rifle shooting has grown. Shooting 1500 rounds into small groups at 100 yards has been fun, but it would certainly be nice to ring some steel at 300 or even 200 yards!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Question --> Do they allow people to draw from retention all up and down the line or is there as seperate place designed for this ?? I do not know the layout of the positions and am curious about this.

Does the presentation have to be slow and deliberate or can you be running against a club timer(fast) ?? --- SAWMAN

Slackwolf

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Question --> Do they allow people to draw from retention all up and down the line or is there as seperate place designed for this ?? I do not know the layout of the positions and am curious about this.

Does the presentation have to be slow and deliberate or can you be running against a club timer(fast) ?? --- SAWMAN

I've seen many people drawing and firing on shot timers without hassle. Doesn't have to be a slow draw.

Just don't show up an hour before cease fire time to chrono and group a small ladder test unless you want a lecture. Was packed up and headed out 15min before cease fire, but didn't enjoy the initial hassle.

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Draw from retention. Using your timer,shooting at your steel or paper targets, or "mini match array of same. During the week , most of the shooters you see using timers are practicing practical shooters. Week day usually can get one of the 5 ranges to your self.
    Ergc is extremely friendly to the safe practice of shooting sports.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Still do not know the exact layout of the shooting stations ... HOWEVER ... am not real comfortable with someone drawing from holsters,(especially if they are not familiar with the holster)and fireing a quick shot or three. Then a simi hurried reholster. Unfortunately,just gotta say,there WILL be an accident sooner or later at EGRC. UNLESS --> there is a RSO standing next to eack person while drawing.

I remember back in 2002 when I first got down here,was looking for a club to join. Drove out to ERML,guy was drawing from holster,kept sweaping the wife of the guy next to him. Got in my truck and drove away. NOW ---> not saying that ERGC is a bad club or anything. Just saying NOT FOR ME.

I practice drawing from holseter while moveing at my club now,but early in the AM,when there is no one around. Soon as the first person shows up,no matter where they set up at,I STOP. I set up three targets ... move down the line ... draw and shoot each ... then change it up a bit. --- SAWMAN

Slackwolf

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was a member for several years back when gateswood was still around and pre-RSO (I left due to corrupt and mentally unstable RSO at time). Remember the guy who fumbled the reholster of his modified glock and shot himself? That was an interesting moment. Was at the range that day when it shutdown. So yeah i know where you are coming from. I typically stay away from those practicing their draw/reholster. The RSO's now seem to do a good job at keeping them isolated when possible or warning others signing in where those people are at.

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Still do not know the exact layout of the shooting stations ... HOWEVER ... am not real comfortable with someone drawing from holsters,(especially if they are not familiar with the holster)and fireing a quick shot or three. Then a simi hurried reholster. Unfortunately,just gotta say,there WILL be an accident sooner or later at EGRC. UNLESS --> there is a RSO standing next to eack person while drawing.

I remember back in 2002 when I first got down here,was looking for a club to join. Drove out to ERML,guy was drawing from holster,kept sweaping the wife of the guy next to him. Got in my truck and drove away. NOW ---> not saying that ERGC is a bad club or anything. Just saying NOT FOR ME.

I practice drawing from holseter while moveing at my club now,but early in the AM,when there is no one around. Soon as the first person shows up,no matter where they set up at,I STOP. I set up three targets ... move down the line ... draw and shoot each ... then change it up a bit. --- SAWMAN
    Not real sure exactly what this is? Some kind of "my club is better than other clubs because.......... no accident will happen at "your" club. But it will at ergc Becauce you may or may not have once seen something. ? That's like saying you only drive when nobody else is on the road, so there will never be an accident. Seriously bill do you hear your self. Sorry I responded to this thead in the first place. You have obviously been there. But good to know you won't be there while we practice. I'm sure the 57 other shooters who just left the core uspsa match, timers, speed holsters and all. Will have more room to practice

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I really tried to be in tune to the more sensitive of the bunch. I guess that some people simply walk around with their panties in a semi-wad so they will be quicker to the full wad status.

More power to the club(ERGC). You have your club and I have mine. That is what makes this country great.

AND ..... If you think/feel that USPSA style shooting is equal to God knows who,showing up with God knows what,and practicing God knows what,your probably not as good as you think you are. IMO ...... two completely different things. I would feel completely safe shooting USPSA ..... BUT ... within 5 feet of "hey doode" showing his girlfriend just how kewl he is ..... well ..... not so much.

Really sorry if I offended. --- SAWMAN

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I really tried to be in tune to the more sensitive of the bunch. I guess that some people simply walk around with their panties in a semi-wad so they will be quicker to the full wad status.

More power to the club(ERGC). You have your club and I have mine. That is what makes this country great.

AND ..... If you think/feel that USPSA style shooting is equal to God knows who,showing up with God knows what,and practicing God knows what,your probably not as good as you think you are. IMO ...... two completely different things. I would feel completely safe shooting USPSA ..... BUT ... within 5 feet of "hey doode" showing his girlfriend just how kewl he is ..... well ..... not so much.

Really sorry if I offended. --- SAWMAN

was not aware there is a run on "timers" at the sporting counter at Walmart ? that explains all the "Doode" Hanging out. waiting for timers to impress the girlfriend's. thanks for the info. because you are so interested I will share with you, I know every single RO at ergc personally. They are professional, knowledgeable and EXTREAMLY safety minded. PERIOD> In fact one was on our squad today at core. The idea that "doode`s" or anyone for that matter is randomly shooting unsafely at ERGC ( I your O) from an observation you made in 2002. Well sir that is quite a statement. I bow to your superior gun knowledge, you intellect and your keen supernatural incite. ( how else would you know the status of my panties or how good I think I am.) bravo sir! Please sir do not further embarrass me with another superior retort. I am diminished and defeated, sir. I withdraw

Top Bottom