• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, I had a good time this morning!

As a token of remembrance to our D-Day Servicemen (June 6th tomorrow), we fired a series of volleys this morning at the range with WW2 era M1 Garands.
    10 shooters @ 3 volleys of 8 rounds each. 240 rounds in just minutes.
    My M1 is too hot to touch right there!

6" diameter steel target at 100 yards took a terrible pounding from all that 30-06.
    Love it!

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been by there several times with a friend, usually there is no one there when we go. We just drop by to do a test firing on a new build. That is the old Escambia Muzzle Loader's club range is it not.
    Ed

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I have been by there several times with a friend, usually there is no one there when we go. We just drop by to do a test firing on a new build. That is the old Escambia Muzzle Loader's club range is it not.
    Ed
    Yes it's the old muzzle loaders range.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

toy4runr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The wife and I just joined today. Really enjoyed our first day getting orientation done spending an hour or so shooting my new .45 There were only a couple of other people there, and we range 3 all to ourselves.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    It really is nice going during the week and having just about the whole range to yourself. Usually an RO will come over and just chat while I shoot.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Been a member for 3 or 4 years now, always enjoy it. Spent the afternoon on range 5 there today. My wife and I had 4 shooting stations set up with different targets and distances. Shot pistols, rifles and crossbow. Another great day at ERGC! Think there was a total of 2 or 3 others shooting in the whole place, just the way I like it.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I've been meaning to join, just can't get too excited about it when it's 90 degrees outside. I'll probably wait till it cools off a little.

olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welldoya,,,there are a lot who avoid the hotter summer months,,,But the Range offers 3 month 6 month or 1 yr memberships..
    Some of the members only show up to sight in hunting rifles and you wont see them again till the next season,, Then as you have read the few that commented, some are luckey and have a day during the week,and it is a day to take your time and shoot responsibly and get some practice in all day if you choose.. And yes you read how we do have the Hard Core who will be there every match the range has,,,But there are all kind of members ,, just like we have all kind of firearms,, I have been using ERML,,22 yrs off an on,,There has been many improvements on the range and with the R.O s who look over it now days,,,I know from yrs of ERML to ERGC now, Many of the old members are still there and still share knowledge and smiles of enjoyment from an old clay pit turned to a clean safe place to take a friends and family.. Anyone who wishes to know what ERGC is about,,,ride out there and Now days there will be a RANGE OFFICER at the office and on days a couple if the gate is open and anyone is in there .........

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I've been a member for several years now, but avoided it before that due to the name...not being a muzzle loader guy, I thought for years that the range wouldn't be for me. One day, Miles at Tradewinds set me straight about the range and I joined. I am glad they finally changed the name though...I doubt I was the only one confused about it. Many improvements have been made in recent years, and I enjoy shooting there. I went yesterday, in fact. It was quite busy but I had no problem finding a spot to shoot.

Top Bottom