• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shadeogray

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went to Oak Ridge today and allowed a guy to pop off my S&W 500 once because he never shot a 50 cal before. I then let me have a few shots of his brand new Wilson Combat. Had a green laser etc... Beautiful gun. Was shooting fine till I shot it anyway. It FTF 3 shots in a row and jammed hard on the second. The owner cleared it and fired it. Once again jammed hard. He packed it up and said he needed to take it apart and see what's going on with it.
    Felt bad for the guy, felt even worse that it fired fine till I shot it. I know it was nothing I did but still...

IMG_2090.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2090.jpg
      IMG_2090.jpg
      539.9 KB · Views: 212

Kanaloa

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's why you never let another guy drive your:
    1. Motorcycle
    2. Gun
    Or
    3. Wife

Ha ha. Nice looking gun though!

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Interesting. No self respecting man puts a crimson trace on a 1911, much less a WC.

Curious to see what the problem was.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443390315.218342.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443390328.785285.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443390315.218342.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443390315.218342.jpg
      69.2 KB · Views: 192
    • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443390328.785285.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443390328.785285.jpg
      71.7 KB · Views: 191

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sorry .... I stopped reading when the ..... "low recoil energy" phrase was used. Never heard that EXCUSE used for .... "Our guns are sooooo damned tightly made to such close tolerances that they will need 400rds to be broken in".

You control this with spring weight and/or slide mass. Maybe they need to contact Glock for the answers. Jeeeeze !!! --- SAWMAN

shadeogray

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The revolver shot like a champ as revolvers tend to do. Oddly enough it is the gun I am most accurate with. Love my 500, but it's an expensive habit. One of those hurt so good weapons. Wonderful to shoot but damn does it hurt the wallet and your hand after a bit.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I'm not being mean, or attacking. Prime example: I went to buy some 9mm from him, which had been listed for over a year, and the man starts pouring them out of the boxes and into ziploc bags so that he could keep the boxes. The man is frugal, just a fact. Sorry.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Whether you're for or against a gun with a break in period... Follow the procedure. If you don't like it, don't buy the gun. If you buy the gun, follow the break in procedure, and if it's still an issue.... Bitch all you want.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Now can I respond In kind. Re. post #8 and post #11 ....

I had some 9mm for sale NOT the ammo boxes it was in. Then you had the nerve to post that if something is in your for sale pic you should have to sell it with the item advertised. Maybe we should take a look at your past for sale pics and see just how many items you have failed to deliver with the item advertised.

And can't figure out how long the ammo was listed for has something to do with weather I should have just simply tossed in the boxes or not. Maybe you felt that it was simply who you were or something ?? Was that it. How uterlly stooopid. If your to fucking cheap to go buy you some $3.00 ammo boxes maybe you had better go out and get a job or quite buying guns one week and selling them for a loss the next.

Waiting to see just how the mods react to this. We'll see if it is permissable to return a stoopid remark made about me. --- SAWMAN

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I actually went straight to Academy to buy a few dollars worth of ammo boxes. I probably spent more in gas to get to Academy than on the boxes themselves. Lol.
    A little harmless banter is usually permissible as long as no one's feelings get hurt.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    As far as THAT Wilson. I've owned 2x 9mms. Both new, both worked great, but I took the time to strip and lube them throughly before their first outing. My guess is that underlubrication was likely the problem. Either that , or the gun just refused to operate on a matter of principle. A compensated 9mm with a laser?!?! Come on!!!
    I did sell both of mine at a loss, I sold them quickly and they were fun to own and shoot. Having them and using them was worth more than whatever few pesos I lost. It's a hobby, it's gonna cost money. I'd rather move something quickly and buy something new and exciting to enjoy than to sit on overpriced stuff for YEARS, and refuse fair offers.
    I don't do any of this for fame and fortune, it's all in fun. Obviously. Gotta have fun, take everything in stride, not be rude or judgemental, otherwise, what's the point? And that's my living 101 tip of the day. Thanks folks!

Last edited:

Cootcommander

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now can I respond In kind. Re. post #8 and post #11 ....

I had some 9mm for sale NOT the ammo boxes it was in. Then you had the nerve to post that if something is in your for sale pic you should have to sell it with the item advertised. Maybe we should take a look at your past for sale pics and see just how many items you have failed to deliver with the item advertised.

And can't figure out how long the ammo was listed for has something to do with weather I should have just simply tossed in the boxes or not. Maybe you felt that it was simply who you were or something ?? Was that it. How uterlly stooopid. If your to fucking cheap to go buy you some $3.00 ammo boxes maybe you had better go out and get a job or quite buying guns one week and selling them for a loss the next.

Waiting to see just how the mods react to this. We'll see if it is permissable to return a stoopid remark made about me. --- SAWMAN
    It's the same type of person that says they'll meet you later to sell something, then find out they sold it to someone else without saying anything.

You live and learn and then don't deal with them anymore

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I lube my Glocks with kitty litter and rock salt solution and they all run like a raped ape. Break in period now that's some funny shit

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    It's the same type of person that says they'll meet you later to sell something, then find out they sold it to someone else without saying anything.
    You live and learn and then don't deal with them anymore
    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Sir, would you pick a side, please. Your post is rather ambiguous. I'd be happy to welcome you on my team though.

Top Bottom