• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Item
    Alright I am in the market for a quality AR I figured I would try here before ordering online although prices are pretty good right now.

Contact Info
    PM

Price
    600-800$

Item Description
    Mostly looking for 14.5 or 16" Midlength gas is a plus, FF handguard, Magpul or other furniture other than stock, FDE is nice but not required.
    1 in 8 or 1 in 7 twist
    optics no required but would like sights on it
    I don't need ammo, or gun cases.. Mags are nice but not required (price dependent)
    I can order a PSA Premium 223 wylde stainless complete upper for 550$ and put together a 150-200$ lower so that's a basis for price.
    Thanks all

Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The "having" the funds isn't the problem.. wife put me on a 800$ diet..
    I have around $1,100 but she does not grasp the difference between a 800$ AR, and a 1,000$ one

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    The "having" the funds isn't the problem.. wife put me on a 800$ diet..
    W00T!! I am officially in buy mode! santa came early this year (although I ended up with a little less than my 1K goal)
    Actually I made my goal.. the wife put the kibosh on me spending it so we compromised at 800$. her question is what can you do with a 1000$ AR, that you cant do with a 800$ one.. *sighs*
    Here you go:
    "Well, honey, I'm glad you asked. You see a gently used $1500 AR can be found gently used for right around $1k, and will be made to war fighting military specifications, by professionals who are some of the best in the industry and have actually secured military contracts as a result of their quality standards and attention to detail. Such a rifle would be worthy of being a first line of defense for our precious family, whose security is priceless"
    Boom! You're welcome. Haha.

Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I knew I could count on you Dante! I will let you know how the conversation goes.. LOL

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Actually, being an AR buyers market right now, I think you can find a Colt for about $800, or a quality factory complete upper for about $500, and build a nice lower for it for about $300.

Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That was the plan I just thought I would check here first, I priced out the PSA Premium upper, and i'm now looking for something along the Spikes, BCM, DD range to compare to it

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    All Spikes lower with their tube/spring/t2 buffer and standard Spikes lpk. No stock.

$220 otd

Can add magpul grip/stock for more. Price dependent on which ones you pick.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nah, he'll be alright. I'm trying. Lol.

If you just want something that shoots, then by all means save your pennies. But don't sacrifice quality/functionality on the front end just so you can throw more money at an upper/ lower after you put your money out.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That price may get you a decent upper. As said in other posts save up. A good billet lower will run 3-400 more. And if you want decent optics well plan on 900 to 1200$ more. These damn hobbies, I need to find a cheaper one. Or stick with, well, the other low quality brand names.

Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Pretty sure I can put together a "decent rifle" for the 800$ with either a BCM or DD upper.. might not have $ left over for optics, or pretty furniture.. but what I will have will be solid.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Pretty sure I can put together a "decent rifle" for the 800$ with either a BCM or DD upper.. might not have $ left over for optics, or pretty furniture.. but what I will have will be solid.

You can get a bcm upper for under $800 but you're going to be scratching the bottom of the barrel to get a lower to keep you under $800. If you want all bcm your at $600 for a basic upper. Good luck getting a DD for $800. If you can find them. I'd like to know where.

Latest posts

Top Bottom