• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • harris

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am thinking of selling a Belgium made Sweet 16. 26 inch IC vent rib. Any thoughts on a fair asking price ??

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dude they truly don't make them like that anymore. My thoughts? Don't sell it as you will likely regret it.

You may get 800-1300 depending on condition. To have a gun made the same way today with as much hand fitting and attention to detail would be well north of 3 grand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Honestly, you won't get as much as you would think. I think most of the guys who worshipped the A5s are older and not hunting any more. Seems like the younger crowd wants Benellis and/or the latest plastic stocked whatever.
    I've got a NIB A5 Magnum for sale and got no interest so I quit trying.
    It's the same with the Win Model 12. Used to be worth a ton. Not so much anymore.
    If you look at Gunbroker, you will see a lot of high "buy it nows" but not much bidding.
    BUT, all it takes is one guy that knows quality so give it a shot. Heck, put $1,000 on it and see what happens.

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I own one. It's one of the nicer shotguns in my safe. I'd shoot it regularly if I didn't have to run all over the place and pay double for shells. They'll hold their value if they're above 85%.

whip357

So Cold
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree with Fletch...Don't sell it and maybe pass it down to a family member. I have one passed down from my father and every time I see it, it is still stunning.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree with Fletch...Don't sell it and maybe pass it down to a family member. I have one passed down from my father and every time I see it, it is still stunning.

Same here. Have a 20 gauge passed down from my grandfather and I pull it out of the back of the safe a couple times a year just to admire.

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    +1 for Welldoya, our group of collectors has this disgussion every year on the trip to Tulsa. The fine shotguns of the past, M-12, A-5, etc., simply will just sit on a table at a show. I gave my 98% 1946 A-5 to my son. There is a whole generation of hunters walking the fields that love a sand blasted, flat black, paint finish; attached to a hollow fiberglass stock.
    Ed

Top Bottom