• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fireblast2591

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We are planning to open a new Shooting Range in the Seminole Alabama area. We are taking applications now for membership. Cost is $150.00 per year per person or $225.00 per year for family. The daily rate for non members will be $10.00. We also plan on opening a country store where we will be selling firearms ( stock & custom built), ammunition, tactical supplies, hunting supplies, bait & tackle, firearm repair, food items, tactical and security training and firearm qualifications. Call now for all the details. Please see futher down this thread for additional comments. UPDATE - I am waiting on a friend of my to finish a job he is on so I can start construction on the range as he has the equipment needed to start. UNLESS someone out there would provide the equipment for free memberships and discounts on products we are going to sell. Then I could get started sooner. Thanks

Thanks
    Bob
    251-284-0132

Last edited:

fireblast2591

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The range will be 70 yards long. We hope to get 8 firing lanes in place. We will start development in about 3 weeks. I know 70 yards is not very long for the snipers out there wanting to zero in at one mile (lol) but if you consider the areas people hunt in it is mostly dense and extremely long range shooting is almost impossible. I said ALMOST. Also most self defense confrontations are going to be less that 20 feet away. Any constructive comments are appreciated but please do not provide negative comments. We are trying to provide a range for people that do not wish to pay high prices for being able to shoot their firearms. This is going to be a Family oriented business so SAFETY will be of the upmost importance and a qualified Range Master will be present during all operations. We do encourage bow hunters to stop by as well. Thanks. Any questions call me.

Bob Miller
    251-284-0132

Last edited:

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'd recommend trying to find a way to stretch it out another 30 yards so you can at least have a 100 yard zero for rifles... if not, you might as well just keep it 50 yards.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd recommend trying to find a way to stretch it out another 30 yards so you can at least have a 100 yard zero for rifles... if not, you might as well just keep it 50 yards.

I would honestly try to do this as well. Not many rifle shooters want to shoot at less than a 100 yard zero to sight in their hunting rifles etc...

fireblast2591

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the remarks on increasing the range to 100 yards. I understand this distance would be better. I might be able to get maybe 80 yards but that would be the maximum as any larger will encroach onto my personal living space (lol). Please continue to post constructive comments. I did get a call yesterday from a forum member giving 100 % support for our efforts to open a range and store in Seminole. As he stated there is nothing in the local area to support people wanting to use their firearms, buy equipment and supplies and have firearm repair close buy let alone any support for hunters. Well we intend to rectify that problem with support from people like him. I have reviewd quiet a few post about using reloads at ranges. Pro some Con. Please correct me if I am wrong but if a person signed a release and it was notorized on the spot to relieve the owner of all responsibility of personal injury or civil liability resulting in the improper use of or the failure of the reload resulting in injury to anyone, then would that not suffice in protecting the owner. Again I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one but I intend to speak to one to clarify these issues. Also know that if you want to reclaim your brass, well the way I see it it's your brass. If you do not want to reclaim it then we will have a disposal area for it. It will be up to you, not me to make that decision. Thanks again to all who support us. Remember Bow Hunters we will not forget you and you will be welcome at our facility. As to archery and firearm used being separated it will be. Thanks for your comment on this schavey and for your quick response on this issue GenDoc.

Bob Miller
    251-284-0132

Last edited:

schavey

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IF RANGE SAFETY IS A PRIMARY CONCERN, it would seem that Firearm and Bow shooting lanes should be segregated.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    hey Bob, any updates ??.......

fireblast2591

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am waiting on a friend of mine who has the equipment to start construction on the range. Hopefully he will be finishing the job hem has to soon. That is unless someone out there has available equipment to help out for free memberships and discounts on items we are going to sell in our store.

fireblast2591

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am still trying to get the range going. It seems that my so called partners at CPI Tactical on Nine Mile Road in Pensacola have pretty much backed out on me. I have tried calling them numerous times and have left many messages but they never call me back. They were suppose to provide the dirt, gravel and building for the range as I was providing the land at no charge. My problem is now getting dirt for the berms and gravel for a small parking area. I have a friend with equipment to do the construction part. As I am disabled and on a small income presents the problem finding FREE dirt & gravel. I will keep trying as hard as I can. I just cannot rely on CPI Tactical anymore. I do plan on applying for my FFL shortly as I have scraped and saved for it.

Regards,
    Bob Miller

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I am still trying to get the range going. It seems that my so called partners at CPI Tactical on Nine Mile Road in Pensacola have pretty much backed out on me. I have tried calling them numerous times and have left many messages but they never call me back. They were suppose to provide the dirt, gravel and building for the range as I was providing the land at no charge. My problem is now getting dirt for the berms and gravel for a small parking area. I have a friend with equipment to do the construction part. As I am disabled and on a small income presents the problem finding FREE dirt & gravel. I will keep trying as hard as I can. I just cannot rely on CPI Tactical anymore. I do plan on applying for my FFL shortly as I have scraped and saved for it.

Regards,
    Bob Miller

You will find that moving dirt ON SITE in expensive enough let alone bringing it in. I suspect your previous "partners" figured this out.

The overall logistics and costs associated with building even a small range usually gets SEVERELY under estimated. I know because I built a small range on my property. I have a large berm that will handle approximately 15 shooters on line at one time. With a width of about 75 yards and depth to well over 100 yards, there is plenty of room for "running and gunning" type training. I have two long range spots with one range being 300 yards and the other being 509 yards. The 300 yard range has elevated platforms at the 200 and 300 yard mark that will hold 4 shooters at a time.

Nothing like having your own range. Best of luck to you.

Top Bottom