• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Double Tap ammo is having a sale on ammo.

15% off your entire order. Use promo code: FALL2015 at checkout. This is the absolute cheapest that I have ever seen this ammo

You 10mm shooters ...... this is your hunting ammo. I reccomend the 200gr WFNGC(Hard Cast) wide meplate,they cut a nice round hole that will not seal up. I have never had a hog or deer stop one of these at the closer ranges. --- SAWMAN

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Going to be interesting to see how many 10mm shooters will take advantage of this 15% off your entire order,

flyandscuba, is this a good price for this 10mm ammo?

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Never shot or killed with the 230gr version of the DT. The bullet profile is the same as the 200gr though,with a slightly longer bearing surface(which means nothing). I suspect the recoil and muzzle rise would be a little more but not a "deal changer". (Possibly more of a push than a quick snap.)

I just figured that at the distances that I shoot and the animals that I hunt,200 grains of fairly hard hardcast would be all I need. As stated,I have never recovered a single 200gr so I do not feel the need for a 230. Also I figure that the extra speed will increase the hydrostatic shock somewhat.

It has been my expierance that with ANY WFNGC bullet,pistol or rifle,when they hit bone they usually take a section of bone out the other side of the animal or in the least,clip off a section of that bone. Especially at the pistol velocities. It was the same with my 454Casull,both rifle and pistol, shooting this style of bullet. I have seen 2" sections of ribs gone in both deer and hogs with a wide meplate WFNGC bullet. I have seen a large hogs scapula with a hole over an inch wide in it from a .400",10mm,WFNGC bullet passing thru it.

I have also never found pieces of the DT bullets in the game I've shot. So I suspect they hold together,fold back on themselves,and continue to penetrate. --- SAWMAN
    ADDED INFO ---> Allow me to add ..... the DT ammo has more felt recoil than the "normal" full power loadings such as Fed ,Win,Rem. Even more than the older NORMA loads. Not unmanageable,just definately hotter.

Last edited:

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey sawman, did you change out the original recoil spring to a heavier spring and use a after market barrel are did you stay with the stock spring and stock Glock barrel?

Thinking I'll try some of the 200gr WFNGC and order it Monday

Thanks for the information

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I'm running a 20lb spring on a stainless guide rod. Brand is Lone Wolf I do believe. I have had it in the gun for 8 years now. I could possibly dig up the paperwork if you are interested.

You can actually go a little lighter or heavier if you want to. There IS a compromise. The heavier the spring,the more preceived recoil. The lighter the spring the more you gun gets "beat up". Note: I have talked to people that shoot this ammo that use the origional(OEM)Glock spring. The springs are cheap and you can trade them out every several hundred rds if you feel the need.

The origional spring is 17lbs I do believe. Same as most other Glock springs. With this theory,all you do is change the weight of the slide to create more inertia(moving mass). This mitigates the pressures generated between the different chamberings.

I use a OEM Glock 6" "Hunting" bbl. --- SAWMAN
    Edit To Add: Just checked the pkg. The spring is a Glockmeister 20lb spring I bought already installed on a one piece stainless guide rod.

Last edited:

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks SAWMAN 4 the sales tip, "FALL2015", got the Double Tap 200gr. Hardcast Solids in and saved myself a chunk of change :usa2: :peep: :usa2: regular price with shipping $218.07 my Fall2015 sales price was $171.90, so saved myself $46.17 over regular pricing.
    Looks like the sales if gone for now? :usa2: :usa2:

Last edited:

Cootcommander

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jogan finished up my holster today and my new guide rod/spring and ammo are waiting on me at the house!
    0a38e440e2e13baa9cf665395853efd2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Gotta dig up a old sales receipt but seems like I paid about $32.00 for them 4 or 5 years ago or maybe longer.

Your next mission,if you choose to except it,will be a 9X25 Dillon bbl and some ammo from DT. :clap2: --- SAWMAN

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What in the HECK is a 9X25 Dillon?

That Fall2015 will still get you 15% off for a while longer they told me :flame::usa2:

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In your opinion, is the 20# spring adequate for the DT ammo are should a person go with a few other spring as back ups?

Edit To Add: Just checked the pkg. The spring is a Lone Wolf 20lb spring I bought already installed on a one piece stainless guide rod. ate

I'm running a 20lb spring on a stainless guide rod. Brand is Lone Wolf I do believe. I have had it in the gun for 8 years now. I could possibly dig up the paperwork if you are interested.

You can actually go a little lighter or heavier if you want to. There IS a compromise. The heavier the spring,the more preceived recoil. The lighter the spring the more you gun gets "beat up". Note: I have talked to people that shoot this ammo that use the origional(OEM)Glock spring. The springs are cheap and you can trade them out every several hundred rds if you feel the need.

The origional spring is 17lbs I do believe. Same as most other Glock springs. With this theory,all you do is change the weight of the slide to create more inertia(moving mass). This mitigates the pressures generated between the different chamberings.

Edit To Add: Just checked the pkg. The spring is a Lone Wolf 20lb spring I bought already installed on a one piece stainless guide rod.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My mistake in my above post. RE-checked my older paperwork and the spring is from Glockmeister. It IS a 20lb spring and the stock # is:GMSSR20CS. It is the spring on the stainless guide rod combo. Make sure that you get the spring for the model of G20 that you have.

To answer your question though,you will never need a more powerful spring no matter what loads you shoot out of your G20. You possibly just might want to go even lower. (The origional is 17#) --- SAWMAN

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey SAWMAN, do you leave the 20 pound recoil spring in full time are put it in only when you shoot your Double Tap heavy loads and use the 17 pound spring for the lighter 10mm ammo? :usa2: :peep: :usa2:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have left the 20# spring in all the time. The olny loads I shoot out of my gun is the Blaser aluminum cased 200gr loads and the DT 200gr WFNGC's. Note: I find the Blaser load to be fairly hot and it cycles the 20# spring just fine.

I suggest that you install the heavy spring and take the OEM spring with you to the range. Shoot everything with the 20# spring unless some loads fail to eject or feed properly,or unless your slide fails to lock back after last rd in mag. Then switch to the 17# OEM spring. You will probably find out that more ammo than you suspect will function with the 20# spring installed.

Don't forget to lube it. --- SAWMAN

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the information, "Don't forget to lube it. --- SAWMAN , any good firearm oil will work on lubing the guide rod & spring, correct?"

I have left the 20# spring in all the time. The olny loads I shoot out of my gun is the Blaser aluminum cased 200gr loads and the DT 200gr WFNGC's. Note: I find the Blaser load to be fairly hot and it cycles the 20# spring just fine.

I suggest that you install the heavy spring and take the OEM spring with you to the range. Shoot everything with the 20# spring unless some loads fail to eject or feed properly,or unless your slide fails to lock back after last rd in mag. Then switch to the 17# OEM spring. You will probably find out that more ammo than you suspect will function with the 20# spring installed.

Don't forget to lube it.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I lube mine with a very small amount of either Tetra Gun or Reel Lube. I suppose any fairly thick grease will do. It tends to stay in place better than oil.

I apply a little on a cotton swab and run it around between the spring sections and on the guide rod. --- SAWMAN

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey sawman,

Some feed back from another source, The spring weight just all depends on what ammo the customer primarily plans to use. If he’s going to be shooting Doubletap, Buffalo Bore, or Underwood..go with a 22#. Underwood is “nuclear hot”, so a 24# spring is even better for those loads. But if the shooter will also be shooting “economy loads”, the 22# may be the better way to go…it will be more forgiving with the lighter loads.

Your thought on these recoil springs and is there anything to this from our go to 10mm SME, know you favor the 20 pounder recoil spring?

Thanks in Advance
    bobinbusan

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Bob, I have shot guns with the heavier springs in them. Both the G20 with the >20 pounders and the G21's,shooting 45Super ammo with the heavier springs in them. IMO .... when you start gettin' upwards of the 22# springs the recoil is pretty stiff. What is more important to me is the muzzle rise seems more prevalent. It takes more to "push" the gun back down on target so the accurate follow up shots are harder to accomplish and the time between shots(timed with my P.A.C.T club timer)is longer.

For hunting or tracking the bigger boar hogs thru the super thick cane stands that I find on the river or Eglin I want a fast,accurate followup shot. Believe me,this will be an asset if you hunt much. This is partly the reasoning behind me feeling although the 460Rowland is "interesting",I believe that it falls into the laws of diminishing returns. Kinda like carrying a 13oz 357Mag snubby for concealed carry.

Another thought is this ---> although some of the ammo you mentioned in your above seems to be of the kick ass variety,it is not loaded >SAAMI pressures/specs. Now granted,the DT ammo could be well <SAAMI specs. I have never heard the pressure levels to which any of this "hotter than normal" ammo is loaded to.

Sooooooo ........ I still say,a 20# spring is all that is needed with the DT ammo. AND ..... IMO ..... using any of the ammo in your above post also. Just my opinion. If you feel the need for a heavier spring ... go fer it. --- SAWMAN

Latest posts

Top Bottom