Atlanta Cops Enter Wrong House, Cop and Owner of House Shot.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Lucky no one was killed on either side...I'm pretty sure the cops screwed this one up from what is being reported...

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I heard this afternoon on the radio that they think the wounded cop was shot by another cop. They are lucky the homeowner did not drill them all with buckshot.

shadeogray

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I dislike generalizations when applied to a group or people but I am in general I have to admit I am very disappointed with American Police. My bud at work is an Ex-cop and even he said something to the same effect recently, my best friend in Indiana is a cop also. Just to point out there are exceptions to the rule, everyone is human but damn it I hate when a bad cop starts to become the norm and not the exception...

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I heard this afternoon on the radio that they think the wounded cop was shot by another cop. They are lucky the homeowner did not drill them all with buckshot.

You think he managed to get his buddy, the homeowner and the dog all by himself?

More than just a hint of sarcasm.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Wow, an unlocked door to police means that someone has broken into your house and they are free to inter.....

Unbelievable

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Got a buddy who had a little brother who was such a pos thief & scumbag that 3 or 4 months after he died crime-stoppers were still offering rewards on him. My buddy was living with his parents and he said at least once a month an officer would wake him up by shining a flashlight in his face while he was sleeping. He told them repeatedly that the moment his little brother ever walked into the house and he knew it he would call and did several times. The younger brother always made it out the backdoor and into the swamp behind their home when the deputies showed up but they still kept showing up and coming in about 1;00 or 2;00 am and I know they still don't lock their doors at night. Always worry I'll see them on the news because of it.

shadeogray

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got a buddy who had a little brother who was such a pos thief & scumbag that 3 or 4 months after he died crime-stoppers were still offering rewards on him. My buddy was living with his parents and he said at least once a month an officer would wake him up by shining a flashlight in his face while he was sleeping. He told them repeatedly that the moment his little brother ever walked into the house and he knew it he would call and did several times. The younger brother always made it out the backdoor and into the swamp behind their home when the deputies showed up but they still kept showing up and coming in about 1;00 or 2;00 am and I know they still don't lock their doors at night. Always worry I'll see them on the news because of it.

Shoot one next time they illegally enter the house. That should take care of that. I would.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Shades, I promise you won't live through it.

Perhaps a more thorough understanding of search and seizure, and perhaps even opting for a knock warrant(as appossed to no knock night warrants), would help cut down on such incidents. Guess we will never know

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My doors are locked, I get a light shined in my face in the middle of night in my own house it better be a family member. I see a strange face and they're going to be pumped full of lead, won't wait to see if they're a cop. Nobody in my family has given a reason for a cop to be in my house so I'm going to assume it's a bad guy.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Shoot one next time they illegally enter the house. That should take care of that. I would.

I'm with MAX on this one. If you shoot at a cop, him and/or his buddies are going to do everything they can to kill you. Regardless of who's in the "right".

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm with MAX on this one. If you shoot at a cop, him and/or his buddies are going to do everything they can to kill you. Regardless of who's in the "right".

So somebody breaks into your house you're going to wait and see if it's a cop before you shoot? If it's not a cop chances are you're going to be dead anyway if somebody was able to break into your house and get the advantage on you. I'm not going to wait to be shot dead in my bed, anybody in my house will be shot if it's their not a family member and I can't tell that they're a cop, again no reason a cop should be in my house.

If a cop is in the wrong and they get shot his buddies aren't going to kill you, that kind of crap is what you see in movies.

Last edited:

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I gotta go with Nate on this one. Maybe if one cop broke in, you couldn't ID him and had to shoot you might win but I doubt you would live to tell about it with three of them.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, if three thugs break in and shine lights at you - yelling "police, on the ground"... You're automatically going to obey?

If I can't readily visually determine said entrants are in fact LEOs - I'm blasting away.

Sure, there will be a fire fight and I'll likely not survive - but I have no reason to cause the police to enter and I'm not going down without a fight if I'm not sure they are really cops.

Just sayin...

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    So, if three thugs break in and shine lights at you - yelling "police, on the ground"... You're automatically going to obey?

If I can't readily visually determine said entrants are in fact LEOs - I'm blasting away.

Sure, there will be a fire fight and I'll likely not survive - but I have no reason to cause the police to enter and I'm not going down without a fight if I'm not sure they are really cops.

Just sayin...

Not at all.

You do what you think you need to protect you and yours. I'd hope you wouldn't need to think to much. Personally, I believe that's a decision you need to have made before that situation occurs so you're not wasting time.

I was just pointing out that if you engage a LEO, either in your residence or any other location, whether or not they are within their rights as a LEO and whether or not you are within your rights(and local laws) to use that force.... expect that the cops will shoot you. Whether that's one and done or until they're out of ammo, expect to get a hot lead injection.

I think the idea of "I'll get them before they get me and since I'm right, everything will be fine" is a little too Disney movie. Even if you're lucky enough to survive, I'm sure they'll be no legal pains after the incident.

This is why I'm a firm believer in having more than one dog. The LEO will be busy shooting them instead of you.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Trouble with suing public servants is the public pays the bill. At worse the public servant loses their gig. Perhaps the government should give up being self insured and be required to purchase insurance like the rest of us. Something needs to de done to curb reckless actions by public servants and their misuse of tax dollars, and I'm not talking just cops. (see EPA, VA, IRS, DOJ ect, ect, ect all the way down to local governments) On all levels the taxpayer foots the bill for government mistakes with the offending parties usually walking free if not profiting greatly.

Rick

Last edited:
    Top Bottom