• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Talk to me. I want something in 9MM, maybe a bullpup style. Price is open within reason. I want reliable, takes common mags.

One option I thought of was an AR upper in that caliber but I'm guessing I can buy a dedicated rifle cheaper and the mags would be way too specific. Unless I'm wrong.

I know that Beretta Storm is on here but it's going to be at least a month before I'm ready to buy. Might go for one of those but I don't have the bucks to blow tonight or I would be on it, even with a transfer involved,

Last edited:

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can tell you the CX4 is very light, almost zero recoil, and fun to shoot. It's reversable for left or right hand shooters. It takes common Beretta 92 pistol mags. I don't remember all the available magazine capacities but you can get some pretty large magazines. You are welcome to shoot it any weekend that I'm home.

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do you own a Glock in 9mm? They have the stock you can add, best of both worlds.
    But youd have to F1 it. $200 stamp and the stock is about $400.

Look up CAA and Glock on amazon.
    Just a thought.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do you own a Glock in 9mm? They have the stock you can add, best of both worlds.
    But youd have to F1 it. $200 stamp and the stock is about $400.

Look up CAA and Glock on amazon.
    Just a thought.

Thanks D. Nope, I own nothing Glock. I also don't really want to deal with the stamp thing. I looked at those at a gun show though and thought they were neat. I would almost buy a Glock to do that. Too many nickles for a dime for me though.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The Uzi is nice and mags are not hard to get, and brake's down easy. Got one If you want to come and try it, I'm also looking at the cx4 . the one that I tried would shoot every thing that I put in it. and was very accurate. the one on the form is new, I have it here looking at it now. Just can't decide to buy it or buy some more bullets for my new 9mm 1050, it is eating them up. just my 5 cents jj

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well,,,, if we are looking at Uzi money, I know a guy in TX that was trying to eat one at $15K.
    I bet you could get it for $11.5K easy. The market is somewhat soft right now.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sean, I also have a CX4 Storm. remember also ... these guns are BERETTA. My gun is chambered in 45ACP and for the "extra" thump of the .452" hole it cuts,I would recommend this over the other two. I have had my gun since they first came out in about 2004. The 9mm was first,then the 40Short&Weak,and finally the 45ACP.

My gun has killed hogs(several were 200-240lbs),deer,and one unfortunate coyote. My gun is fairly flat shooting if using the 165gr bullets and you can go up to the 230's. If using the 165's the 45ACP version shoots as flat as the other two at the "normal" distances. However do not expect to have any kind of trajectory at all out past ???yds. The extra bbl length does give you some extra range and I have managed to hit a man sized target at 200yds with my gun and a Aimpoint Comp C site. The added velocity that the 16" bbl gives you is an absolute plus for the pistol type bullets. I would recommend the Hornady XTP line of bullets in any of these three guns.

I have shot groups of <2.0 inches at 50yds with my gun. As with a AR,the weak point of these guns is the trigger. I have managed to mod mine somewhat using powdered graphite. It is better but still has a gritty break at 6lbs 7ozs. As stated above,the charging handle,ejection,and IIRC the safety is reversible.

Using the Beretta OEM mags my gun has a capacity of 8+1. I have blocked one mag for hunting and it is super easy to do. I consider the 8+1 cap plenty for hog hunting and even if my gun was used for SD/HD. (mag changes are FAST)

I would absolutely love to see this gun chambered in 10mm however it would have to be beefed up somewhat for the added pressure levels. --- SAWMAN

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Guess I'll look at the Beretta when the time comes.

I appreciate it Saw but I want to stay with 9mm for a reason.

The UZI is cool, I've shot one but that's getting out of my price range.

Also, I don't want full auto.

I'll check all this out, thanks gentlemen.

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    I have a Kel-Tec Sub 200 9mm and I love it. It does prefer the higher grain ammo but Ive had no trouble at all with it and it folds and is very accurate at 25 yards with iron sites. I havent shot it any further and you can get one around $400 to $450. Mine takes stock S&W mags

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would say a kel-tec sub 2000 but it seems impossible to find one now at a reasonable price. You can fold those suckers up and put them in a pack back with a few 33 rd mags (truck gun), put it in a brief case, whatever. I have been searching for one at a reasonable price for a while.

DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    AA Tactical in Crestview had several at the gun show recently. You could call them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The only bullpup 9 I can think of would be a tavor..but now u r talking about way too much for a "fun" gun..like Dan said u can also check out the Sig MPX or CZ Scorpion and add a Sig brace to either if u don't want to file..I've wanted to SBR a glock for awhile but with just the stock instead of whole platform to put the gun in

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Also the Just Right Carbines..they seem to get good reviews..take glock mags..and the have a take down model

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    This is one thing I like about the storm, it mates well with a mid range priced handgun with ample availability to mags, and fits well into the small carry case for a great bug gun combo.
    Down side is , I don't care for the stock configuration and am thinking about cutting the lower part off the hand grip area. Has anyone done that yet and if so does it look like crap, or affect the stability of stock at all? I don't see any aftermarket stocks for these yet either?? Also looking for a couple 30 rd mags.

Attachments

• Picture 2159.jpg
      Picture 2159.jpg
      58.3 KB · Views: 152
    • Picture 2162.jpg
      Picture 2162.jpg
      40.5 KB · Views: 157
    Top Bottom