HD Tactical

Federal database...get over it and buy new or stay way?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottt44

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not in it and dont want to be and that is kinda why I want to buy from a Bama individual.I can pass the background thing unless a couple of speeding tickets rules me out. I did get caught for underage drinking at an ac/dc concert in 83.I see the FFL transfer thing dont bother most of yall so do I just need to get over it and do the register thing? It sure would open up alot of options.I guess I need a tinfoil hat.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    There's no "registry". The 4473 stays with the FFL until they stop doing business. Then they're supposed to ship all the forms off to the ATF. Your name isn't tied to a serial number except on the 4473. You could argue that they could make a data base once they get all the forms but...... I doubt it.

With the ways the law are in the " free" states, that SN is only tied to you until you walk out the door of the store you bought it from. If someone in the parking lot wanted to pay you double what you dropped on that firearm, and they're a resident of the state you're in and they aren't a felon, you can sell it to them.

At that point, it'll be on you to convince the cops you sold it to someone else if it does pop up at a crime scene but no laws have been broken by you selling it.

Cops can check for serial numbers that are reported stolen but they don't have access to all of the serial numbers.

If a serial number pops at a crime scene, they have to start at the manufacturer and trace all the transfers from there. It'll be hard to trace anything once it gets sold in a private sale.

PS. The above isn't necessarily true in states that require checks between individuals or that have more extensive licensing requirements.

PPS. I'm not a lawyer.

PPSS. If you buy multiple handguns in a five day period, the ATF tracing center will get eyes on your info much sooner. Still doesn't mean you have to have the Guns in your possession though.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You need to bounce your history against Fed and State Laws. On the "registration" stuff, you may have a Local or State requirement, purchase from a FFL requires a Background check ($5) and that check is not suppose to be a permanent record but who knows what the Feds are really doing. The FFL also will list the transaction in their permanent records. If the FFL goes out of business they have to send all these records to BATFE. Private sellers AND Buyers may want a bill of sale. Some don't care either way and others will not allow any paper other then cash. Get the firearm Ser# before you meet and run it in the stolen firearms database. Make sure #s match when you do the transaction.

If you decide to get a CWP down the road, your info will be run by the State and Feds so the under the radar won't work. There in nothing negative about staying under the radar as long as you can. The main problem is the creation of new laws that will criminalize what is currently lawful.

If there was a push to confiscate, they may get a few dozen on the first day but the word would spread like wild fire. Let us watch L. A. High Cap mag ban that comes on line in less then 60 days. CA has a list of registered firearms that take high cap mags. We will see if they start searching homes.

scottt44

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I still dont trust them,,,its all for a reason.Peeps kill peeps....guns are like an axe or something. If I can stay out then I will.

scottt44

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You need to bounce your history against Fed and State Laws. On the "registration" stuff, you may have a Local or State requirement, purchase from a FFL requires a Background check ($5) and that check is not suppose to be a permanent record but who knows what the Feds are really doing. The FFL also will list the transaction in their permanent records. If the FFL goes out of business they have to send all these records to BATFE. Private sellers AND Buyers may want a bill of sale. Some don't care either way and others will not allow any paper other then cash. Get the firearm Ser# before you meet and run it in the stolen firearms database. Make sure #s match when you do the transaction.

If you decide to get a CWP down the road, your info will be run by the State and Feds so the under the radar won't work. There in nothing negative about staying under the radar as long as you can. The main problem is the creation of new laws that will criminalize what is currently lawful.

If there was a push to confiscate, they may get a few dozen on the first day but the word would spread like wild fire. Let us watch L. A. High Cap mag ban that comes on line in less then 60 days. CA has a list of registered firearms that take high cap mags. We will see if they start searching homes.

It always gets worse..not better IMO.I'm private buying and am out.Thats what my gut says.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Tinfoil hat on.

If you are browsing firearm related web sites, ever got a hunting permit or ever used a credit card to buy hunting related items, your most likely already on the list so they will come to you regardless of any known weapon purchases. There is no "off the radar" in modern times.

I guess you could always refrain from the internet, pay cash for ammo and don't buy from stores the have survalence cameras. Make sure your cell phone battery and Sim card are removed or they will know you where standing in front of the ammo section from your gps. You could never mention ammo or shooting during any phone conversations as all calls are recorded and screened these days.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    We are talking about the same people who ran "fast and furious". Think they'd be able to do somethig with a registry, if they had one?

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    There is absolutely no reason to be paranoid over the information on a Form 4473. I have a buddy of mine that is the same way. Everything he owns was purchased from individuals, so his name does not appear anywhere. Some people are just that way. Personally, I do not concern myself. I do what I need to do in accordance with the regulations and the laws when it comes to gun purchases/sales. I am not worried about my name being on some paperwork. After all, I do live in America where we still have the right to own firearms.

Armyvet35N

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Tinfoil hat on.

If you are browsing firearm related web sites, ever got a hunting permit or ever used a credit card to buy hunting related items, your most likely already on the list so they will come to you regardless of any known weapon purchases. There is no "off the radar" in modern times.

I guess you could always refrain from the internet, pay cash for ammo and don't buy from stores the have survalence cameras. Make sure your cell phone battery and Sim card are removed or they will know you where standing in front of the ammo section from your gps. You could never mention ammo or shooting during any phone conversations as all calls are recorded and screened these days.

I don't know if you are joking or not but just in case you weren't the gov does not screen calls on US citizens unless you provide consent or an attorney general signs it off. We don't give a crap if you're standing in front of an ammo counter, hell, we do it too, we like to go the shooting range just as much as everyone else. We don't collect surveillance footages of the millions of stores (because that would take too much work). Shiz, I talk to my NSA buddies once a week about guns and shooting.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't know if you are joking or not but just in case you weren't the gov does not screen calls on US citizens unless you provide consent or an attorney general signs it off. We don't give a crap if you're standing in front of an ammo counter, hell, we do it too, we like to go the shooting range just as much as everyone else. We don't collect surveillance footages of the millions of stores (because that would take too much work). Shiz, I talk to my NSA buddies once a week about guns and shooting.

I am sure he is joking but he is right about the whole credit card. If the government wants to they can easily get a hold of who affiliates with the 2nd amendment. Just like a I have caught thousands of dollars of fraud from government IP addresses. If a few people can do that they can easily find out if we affiliate with the 2nd amendment. Also like how a lot of identity theft is through credit cards. Nothing is secret anymore if they want to know they will. You would be surprised how much information a person can get just from a single credit card. Hell stealing someones identity is easy. It isn't as hard as people think few ways they can;
    • ATM skimming,
    • credit cards,
    • phishing emails, texts, and phone calls which is a good way,
    • making a virus posing as someone who cleans computers and remotes to your computer and places the virus on the computer.
    • viruses on smart phones

and the list goes on.
    If the government wants to know they will find a way and it won't be hard.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    All i'm saying is they are gathering info that could be used for confescation..guns are like an axe in that both are dangerous but they aint keeping up with the axes sold..just the guns.

Stop believing all of the crap you are reading. If anyone has a fear of their guns being confiscated, then they should not own them. Paranoia breeds fear and fear breeds panic. Why get bent out of shape over something that most likely will never happen? Besides, the federal law enforcement agencies would have too hard of a time trying it. Additionally, many of them would end up on the receiving end of a barrel and they do not want that.

Just a FYI, I had an ATF guy over to my house one day and was showing much of the stuff I have. He made the statement that I was better armed than they were. This is what they fear.

Armyvet35N

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Brandon I hope you're joking too. The real threat to this country is those "radicals" that are planning attacks, and people who don't pay taxes but enjoys the benefits of this great country. Not those regular joes buying ammo at Walmart, or a handgun at your local LGS while using their credit cards.

But I will agree to disagree. We're all friendly gun owners here.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Brandon I hope you're joking too. The real threat to this country is those "radicals" that are planning attacks, and people who don't pay taxes but enjoys the benefits of this great country. Not those regular joes buying ammo at Walmart, or a handgun at your local LGS while using their credit cards.

But I will agree to disagree. We're all friendly gun owners here.

About the whole credit cards, viruses, identity stolen, me catching fraud off those IPs no I am not. I am not a paranoid tin foil type of person and I am not saying they do it as of now but they have the ability to do it..... Just like if you gave me your IP address I can tell you what tower your signal is coming from and where it is located and use that as a zone to possibly locate an address....

Last edited:

Armyvet35N

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    About the whole credit cards, viruses, identity stolen, me catching fraud off those IPs no I am not. I am not a paranoid tin foil fat person and I am not saying they do it as of now but they have the ability to do it..... Just like if you gave me your IP address I can tell you what tower your signal is coming from and where it is located and use that as a zone to possibly locate an address....

Yeah? And? I mean, we're a world superpower for a reason. We have lots of abilities and capabilities. What I'm saying is (from experience), the gov does not do that kinds of stuff to US citizens.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah? And? I mean, we're a world superpower for a reason. We have lots of abilities and capabilities. What I'm saying is (from experience), the gov does not do that kinds of stuff to US citizens.
    Yeah... Maybe not as a whole but each place has their corrupted people and it can happen.

Armyvet35N

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah... Maybe not as a whole but each place has their corrupted people and it can happen.

Maybe it can happen one day when there's a different flag on the White House pole, you're not wrong at all. But not today brotha, and not over a lot of dead bodies, and hopefully never at all.

Top Bottom