• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Personally me I don't see a need for a long slide or longer barrel unless competition or hunting with it (not knocking you just a preference). I would just buy a stand size Glock 17 and use the difference with the money to buy some ammo and go shoot. At least my thought is if I can hit a torso size target out to about 15-20 yards I am fine.

scottt44

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Personally me I don't see a need for a long slide or longer barrel unless competition or hunting with it (not knocking you just a preference). I would just buy a stand size Glock 17 and use the difference with the money to buy some ammo and go shoot. At least my thought is if I can hit a torso size target out to about 15-20 yards I am fine.

That's what I've decided to do Brandon.I'm looking for a 17 in just fair condition to learn to use and clean and all that.I can sell it when I run across exactly what I wan't....when I figure that out...lol

Duelist

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I shoot both in Glock matches and sometimes I do better with one gun over the other, at different times. Both guns are set up the same, fiber optic up front and plain black rear sight. The key is the trigger, and my attention to what I am doing. No real difference in shooting accuracy.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Duelist places first place or high in most match's that he shoots in. has help train some the top shoots in the country, he is the one to listen to here. this is just part of it. just my 5 cents jj

scottt44

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Duelist places first place or high in most match's that he shoots in. has help train some the top shoots in the country, he is the one to listen to here. this is just part of it. just my 5 cents jj

I'm just a novice...I went the standard route and couldn't be happier....long wouldn't have helped like I was thinking.I only care about home defense and a little fun shooting and mine is all I could ever ask.Standard g17's are pretty long compared to what alot of have anyways.

Top Bottom