• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The longer slide gives a better sight radius, and more mass for decreased recoil.. They do well in compititon shooting

shadeogray

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't shoot your eye out. :nerd: I have a Glock 17 Gen 4 with a crimson-site laser grip and Glock Nite sights. It's is a great weapon. Oddly I shoot better with the sites and not the laser.

Last edited:

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    http://www.glocktalk.com/forum/ <-------- tons of info anything on anything Glock here.

That said, I've owned all 3 models ( 17, 17L, and 34) , and always ended up keeping the plain jane 17. Seemed to shoot it better. The longer sight radius of the L and 34 did nothing for me.
    I may be weird though because out of the numerous models I have owned in the past, I always have and continue to shoot a 26 with no mag extension better than any of them. IMO the 26 is Glocks finest offering. That being said, I'd take a hard look at a Gen4 19. Sweet sweet shooters.

Talk to JJ (oneshot) here on the forum. I've heard his class is top notch and he prolly has 2 or 3 of each model you mentioned. He always seems to be willing to help a noob out

Last edited:

shadeogray

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The 26 is WAY to small for my hands, but keep in mind you can get and extension on your magazine to help with that. If I were you I would get a Glock 17 with maybe a laser and night sites and call it a day. Only other one I would consider would be a 19

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh and welcome to the dark side. You will be happy with whatever model you decide on. Hope you got deep pockets though, cause you'll find one is never enough...

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The 26 is WAY to small for my hands, but keep in mind you can get and extension on your magazine to help with that. If I were you I would get a Glock 17 with maybe a laser and night sites and call it a day. Only other one I would consider would be a 19

I have huge dick beaters and have no problem at all, just gotta learn how to shoot em. Mag extensions are a waste of money IMO, might as well just buy a 19.

shadeogray

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Agreed, the last small Glock I shot was the 43. It realllly sucked shooting that thing for the 1st time. In-fact I still hate the 43, Only Glock I actually hate.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Size matters. In addition to a longer sight radius there is a increase in muzzle energy. If your just busting paper at 25 yards its moot. If you might be busting BGs you want all the power you can get (that you can control). Link is to Balistics by the inch for the 9mm. You can see what you gain or give up with different barrel lengths and loads.

http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/9luger.html

Gas Port

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On the other side of the coin- if you don't have good follow through, then the longer the barrel there is more of a chance hand movement will have a negative affect on accuracy.

woods

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You do know it I not just barrel length .The 34 comes with 3.5lb trigger large mag release and slide stop, adjustable sights slide cut out etc. it is considered a comp.gun

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    You do know it I not just barrel length .The 34 comes with 3.5lb trigger large mag release and slide stop, adjustable sights slide cut out etc. it is considered a comp.gun

the 4.5 connector (formerly known as 3.5 connector) is not as light as what others might think. they changed its name from 3.5 because it misleads people thinking that it is an actual 3.5lb trigger pull when it is more like 5lb. other than that, it will suit any application whether competition or tactical use.

scottt44

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I read 5.5lbs on a 17 and 4.5 on a 34 on the glock page.I donno what difference a lb makes but then again it's 20% of difference.

Gas Port

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok then a liberal view would be that manufacturing longer barrels uses more energy thus causing global warming killing off humans so the mechanical advantage of the longer barrel would only help the robots that were designed for the military to take over the world. Don't over think it. As Jogan would say "Practice Fool".

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

As does the 17l.

Personally, I think the 34 looks better and i like the bevel at the muzzle. Other than that, I 100% agree with wildride on this one. Since no one else has brought it up, I don't think the 17l fits in the box for idpa(or there's some compotition it's disqualified from due to length.) the 34 does qualify. If I were you, it would be whichever I find first for a good price.

BamaFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I believe the best firearm is your firearm the firearm you train with the firearm you can aim and shoot sufficiently and accurately is the best gun. For every firearm someone says isn't accurate there are many that can plug 10 rds in the same hole so my advice is get what you want just train and learn that particular firearm.

Top Bottom