Ohio Police Shooting - Body Cam Video (raw and unedited)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK, we have another prosecutor who is saying this police officer "murdered" a man during a traffic stop. View the complete and unedited body cam footage for yourself. I don't see a "murder". I see a non-compliant driver, acting suspiciously and attempting to drive off with the officer reaching into the vehicle window.

Did the actions of the driver attempting to flee warrant the use of deadly force? Maybe, maybe not -- the limited view from the body cam doesn't give us a complete coverage of what went down. I'd like to see dash cam footage as well (if it exists).

Personally, I don't think the officer was trapped and dragged an appreciable distance -- but we don't know for sure what the perspective of the officer might have been, or any reasonable fear in his mind.

At worst, this could be a negligent shooting resulting in death -- but I don't see it as being the "deliberate murder" the prosecutor is claiming. I feel this is an indictment of the officer in order to appease the citizenry and prevent rioting/looting. The officer is thrown under the bus out of expediency and for political reasons.

http://heavy.com/news/2015/07/ray-t...p-kills-unarmed-black-man-charges-indictment/

Many will say that the officer acted unreasonably and counter to accepted policies and procedures. However, undeniable FACTS are that IF the driver was compliant, and IF the driver exited the vehicle as instructed (not pulling his door closed while starting the car ignition), and IF the driver did not attempt to flee -- the driver would still be alive...

What say you?

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think if he would have followed directions every thing would have been fine. That was not a murder. I guarantee the last thing that officer wanted to do was be involved in a shooting on that stop. And again I will wager a guess that the world is probably a better place with one less thug. (Flame suit on)

Kanaloa

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The officer was very polite and non confrontational. The man didn't get shot for missing a LC plate.Had the man done what any reasonable person would have done, he would still be alive. It looked to me (just speculating from the poor video) that this may have been a negligent discharge, while he was trying to stop the man with one hand and draw his gun with the other. Bad decision to draw in this case, as it turns out. It's just too dangerous to be a cop these days. Too easy to get killed or thrown in jail.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I wouldn't say the he was shot for "no reason"... You rapidly return to your vehicle with your hands not visible - obviously reaching for something --when an officer is approaching you on foot... You're probably going to be facing the barrel of a gun. The "reasonableness" test might just be fulfilled in that case.

All that is required is that another officer in a similar situation would have a reasonable fear in order to use force. If that reasonable fear included the probability the driver was reaching for a weapon - deadly force could be justified.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    i think it was a univ of cinn cop....hard to tell from the video if he was being dragged or not...

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Another pre conviction by State Officials feeding the media. Whether The officials truely believe what they say or their doing it to try and quell the potential for a riot we don't know. Once again a cop is a political target that is called a cold blooded murderer without any due process. The vid from the body cam is only part (incomplete as everything is not in frame) of the event. What did the cop perceive? Action verses reaction.

Where is the innocent until proven guilty part that should be first and foremost from Gov officials? Where is the fair and unbiased Justice System and its Officials acting and speaking appropriately. Every time they say such inflammatory remarks it makes it open season on cop on the street and hard to find a honost jury pool.

Investigate. If appropriate then ake it to a Grand Jury. If indicted go to trial. Then let the chips fall where they may. Its called Justice for all the Gov Official idiots who have forgotten how it works.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    guy moved way too fast to get the wallet....cop shot a bit too quick may be

We, as civilians could never get away with that. The man moved too fast, I could not see his hands so . . . I shot him . . .multiple times, even after I could see his hands, even as he retreaded from me, even as he was asking me not to shoot him. The shoot first, and often, when in doubt approach to life and or law enforcement, has to stop.

dirtysouth

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone hear the engine banging off the governor? lol

Top Bottom