• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woogie Bear

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Trying to breathe some life back into the AK forum so I decided I could start up a discussion: What is your opinion of bolt hold open mags for the AK platform? Personally, I don't see that they would actually be useful. The AK family, as far as I have seen, does not have a mechanism like the AR platform that would keep the bolt back after the last round has been fired. Its just the follower that keeps bolt back. So that means that now you bolt is applying pressure against the mag, making it, I would think, more difficult to remove. I have an AK that I have put many rounds down range with. Never used the bolt hold open mags. What are all of your thoughts?

BamaFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Only experience i have is with Saiga 12 and Saiga 7.62x39 and i installed Bho on both of those and work perfect for me. Just a simple spring installed . Not sure of your Variant so can't speculate.

Woogie Bear

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How do you just install a spring? Does it attach to the receiver or bolt somewhere? What is the installation like? I run a Polish underfolder that I made some changes to. To be honest I have not run into many people who have used the BHO mags.

1911Junky

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How do you just install a spring? Does it attach to the receiver or bolt somewhere? What is the installation like? I run a Polish underfolder that I made some changes to. To be honest I have not run into many people who have used the BHO mags.

It's also a lever that comes out by the trigger guard and a spring attached to it. Easy install on saiga's.

Mr. Katanga

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I use the yugo and croatians in my PAP its nice to know when you re empty instead of just having the trigger click

Mr. Katanga

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The only time it touches the bolt is when the empty mag follower catches on the bottom part of the bolt head, it aint gonna hurt that bolt it gets slapped with 50-60,000 lbs evey time a cartridge goes off that follower wont hurt a thing

Top Bottom