• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coolpapabell15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    It has been stated in other threads on this forum, but I'll go ahead and give it one of its own:

K&M/CORE Shooting Solutions and Emerald Coast Practical Shooters will be holding their second USPSA match on Saturday, August 15.

I don't have the match particulars as far as start time, but last time sign ups were scheduled for 8:30 followed by the shooters' meeting and first shots at 9:00.

Last match was 5 stages including a classifier, bringing 200 rounds is a general rule of thumb for the local USPSA matches though you SHOULDN'T need that many.

This will not be a sanctioned match, but there are plans to pursue affiliation with USPSA down the line.

Just treat this post as a general "heads-up" for the match, and check back for updates later.

http://kmshootingcenter.com/

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    awesome! It's all gonna come down to scheduling with me for the Aug matches.... Trying to make as many as I can.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I really want to shoot this match, but I'm trying to become classified; therefore, I need all of my classifiers to count. I'm in once they are affiliated.

Any idea if I have to be a member of USPSA to shoot this, or can I come and try it out?

No, you don't need to be a member. This is only a USPSA "style" match. I was told yesterday that they plan to become affiliated sometime in the future.

In fact, I'm not sure if you have to be a member to shoot any of the USPSA matches around the area. I don't believe that they have the same rule as IDPA where you can only shoot your first match without becoming a member.

wags68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jeep, thanks for the response. I'm definitely interested in attending. Hope my schedule permits.

ECPS

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Emerald Coast Practical Shooters will be holding a USPSA style match at CORE Shooting on 15 Aug in Baker, FL. This is the second match and will be a perfect one for first time shooters and experienced competitors as well. The round count will be approximately 150, so bringing 200 is recommended. We are not yet an affiliated club so your classifier score won't count for USPSA classification, but please come show your support for competitive shooting in the area and we will pursue USPSA affiliation. Show up at 8:30 AM Central Time, shooters meeting at 9:00, we are hoping to be finished shooting at noon. We are using Practiscore electronic scoring, so download the Practiscore app to your phone and you can go home with the match scores.
    If you have any questions about USPSA, your gear, or the match, let me know.

Last edited:

wags68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    ECPS, is there a plan to do other styles of competitive shooting, i.e. multi-gun, in the future? Does ECPS have a website or other method of getting more information on future plans? I am very interested in joins a USPSA club and doing more regular events.

Thanks,
    Dave

ECPS

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good catch, thanks! All times are Central Time. Get there at 8:30 AM, shooters meeting at 9, hoping to be done shooting by noon.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If Biloxi gets rained out on the 8th, then I should be able to make it over there on the 15th. Like I said, I really want to shoot the match, I just want my classifiers to count, especially if it involved a 2+ hour drive.

ECPS

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dave, We don't have any plans to do multigun yet, but I'd like to do that in the future. Right now we are taking it one step at a time. If there's enough interest, we can start the discussion and get it going.
    Join the Facebook group Emerald Coast Practical Shooters or email ECPracticalShooters@yahoo.com for more information.
    Thanks for your interest, looking forward to shooting with everyone.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Precision tactical still does the 2 gun matches at CORE (K&M) I believe

wags68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    ECPS, Awesome, thanks for the information. Just sent a request to the Facebook page admin.

Lineman, I will have to check that out. Looks like PTAC is doing a 2 gun this weekend at CORE. Just have to get a kitchen pass from the wife...

Thanks,
    Dave

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    That's right...if I wasn't working I'd be out there. Good luck with the negotiations wags. ;)

ECPS

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The PTAC 2 gun for this weekend is cancelled. The next one is September 12th.

ECPS

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    http://www.coreshooting.com/collect...cal-shooters-uspsa-style-match-august-15-2015

Emerald Coast Practical Shooters is having a USPSA style pistol match at CORE Shooting Solutions in Baker, FL on August 15th. 5 stages, approximately 150 rounds, $25 to shoot. Registration at 8:30 AM Central, shooters meeting at 9:00, and we hope to be finished by noon. This will be an excellent first match for a new competitor or an experienced one. Bring a handgun, ammo, holster, and 3 magazines and magazine pouches. Eye and ear protection required. Visit http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-rules.php for rules. Email ECPracticalShooters@yahoo.com with questions.
    We prefer you to pay online at www.coreshooting.com, but cash at registration is alright.
    In addition to payment on the CORE website, please register at https://clubs.practiscore.com/ecps-15-aug-15/register that will make the morning go much faster. Thank you.

Top Bottom