• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How is the 22 LR supply down there these days?

We're starting to see a steady supply up here now. We've raised the per person limit to 1200 rounds per day at the store.

We have the small boxes as well as the 1400 round buckets and these 1000 round bricks.

image-4146507639.jpg

The bricks are going for 5.1 cents per round...

So, the scarcity appears to be ending.

Attachments

• image-4146507639.jpg
      image-4146507639.jpg
      86.1 KB · Views: 285

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I quit looking months ago. It was too depressing to never see it anymore or to see $1.79 boxes for $10+.

Walmart in Pace is still doing their dumb restock at 7 or 8am only. Haven't checked anywhere else in a while.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    quote....
    "So, the scarcity appears to be ending"

maybe up there, but not at all here !!!

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Buck n bass in pensacola has it I stock every time I go there. As does gulf coast/Deep South sales on 90. I've got a couple bricks and plenty of federal and cci, indont buy anymore since I rarely shoot 22(unless it's at an animal a dog has cornered in the backyard.)

At my current rate of use I'll run out some time in 2050's.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I get it online a lot but about a month ago picked up 3 boxes of 325rd Federal Match @ Walmart in DeFuniak and my gunshop Enforcement Firearms has it always in stock for respectful prices .This week I received 500rds as Cablelas has CCI mini-mag for $9 a box with a CCI MIR for $10 off a. 4 box purchase. Free shipping over $99 too so added some other items I needed. It's out there and here, Ya just have to look.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have 3 grandkids that love to shoot.....its nothing for them to blow thru 500 in a weekend.
    but I can tell ya, they respect there firearms !!! much more than the basic kid.

anytime they would rather be fishing or archery/firearm shooting/ hunting, than sit in front of a TV with a game control in there hand.

I won't pay the inflated price of many places, so i'm always looking for best prices.

Last edited:

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I think the days of near-giveaway prices are over.

Between the shortage, the raising Intrest on shooting, and the fact everyone now makes a 22 version of thier defensive pistols/rifles, there's plenty of people willing to pay what it costs, so long as it doesn't reach 9mm prices. I hate it, but I can't blame someone for charging what they can get for something.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I've been able to get a steady supply of the Gemtech stuff but that's because I've been putting orders in with them every few months since SHOT show 2013. Some orders have taken over a year to show up, since were as little as the months. Since I've had that stuff coming in, I haven't been looking real hard at local retailers. The Gemtech doesn't seem to be getting much easier to get. I'm at about a year of waiting for my latest order. It's not the cheapest stuff but it shoots well.

The Pitt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I havent seen any 22lr at the wal mart in Navarre whenever I pass through, usually weekly. Just been ordering it online. Im half tempted to get a good 22 air rifle and sell off my stash.

16gauge

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gander Mountain in Mobile has a great supply of Winchester, CCI, and Remington for great prices. The new Field and Stream has pallets of Federal auto match for $19.99 ea limit 2 and pallets of Remington Thunderbolt boxes of 500 for $29.99 limit 2 plus lots of CCI mini mags and Winchester 100 rd. packs.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have not seen any in the walmarts but I have at least 7000 rds so don't look all the time. I seldom shoot the 22 rifle and pistol I have, thinking about selling it all off w the guns and forgetaboutit

Rebuilt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    One of the guys in the sporting goods area of the 29 walmart told me that the same group of guys show up everytime the stock it. I picked up a Brick the other day at USA performance, but I don't have the time or the resources to drive all over looking for ammo. I still see bricks selling from private sellers on other sites for $50-$70...its to rich for this father of three.

bluedsteel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wife and I each picked up a 5K case of CCI standard velocity for pistol competition July 5th . . . at Camp Perry, OH from Champions Choice on Commercial Row.

We waited 2 hours in line, some were in line when we arrived on Post to do in-processing for the matches. $28 Ohio sales tax was less than the $30 shipping. It shoots good enough for competition without paying for SK or Wolf Match Target. Which is why the Bullseye shooters were willing to wait in line so long.

Another shop on the row was loaded with powder and primers. They even had a couple pallets of 8lb Alliant Bullseye which meters perfectly in my Dillon 650.

Being a rifle shooter and just getting into pistol (wife and I will try to earn Distinguished Pistol), I bought 16lbs--then remembered how slow the powder drops loading pistol. Guess I am set for a couple years.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I check the ammo case whenever I'm in WalMart (which is about once a week) but haven't lucked up on any. I get quite a few alerts from Cabela's and a few other sources but I don't feel like paying 6 - 7 cents a round. But that's because I have plenty. I guess I would pay it if I was out.
    Judging from the number of alerts I get, the supply does seem to be loosening up but if you don't get on-line and order immediately, it's gone.
    I read where WalMart has blocked their inventory from those websites that post what is in stock. They said that people were showing up and getting downright violent when the clerk tells them it's not in stock, no matter what the website said. They are hoping this will curtail the gouger's line every morning.

Ranger19

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A couple of week's ago I was walking around wal mart on blue angel and the same guy was there waiting for the employee to put the ammo out.
    the fellow rolled a buggy up with two 5000 round case's of 22lr. the fellow bought both case's. the case's had 5 1000 round box's in them.
    I asked the employee why he didn't break up the case's. He said they were just box's. The man had paid over 500 for the ammo.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    A couple of week's ago I was walking around wal mart on blue angel and the same guy was there waiting for the employee to put the ammo out.
    the fellow rolled a buggy up with two 5000 round case's of 22lr. the fellow bought both case's. the case's had 5 1000 round box's in them.
    I asked the employee why he didn't break up the case's. He said they were just box's. The man had paid over 500 for the ammo.

Thank god I only have one 22lr gun. Im just happy not having to get up that early on my days off just to wait for ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom