• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Face it, to get good prices on quality guns you need to study up. We all know what everything will bring, first time buyers or people new that want to invest don't have a clue. It's not their fault.

I'd buy that 10 years ago but it's easy to get a price comparison very quickly. It's not hard to be an informed shopper these days. It can still be difficult to figure out what to buy but if you've got a part or model number, you can check prices with next to no effort.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Went there and bought a safe today. I did see a nice G22 and a G27 for $450 each. After taxes, that's right on with their street price for us no longer blue label types. I don't like Glocks, or .40, but for someone that does, it's a decent deal IMO.

Last edited:

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been to the Pensacola store about half a dozen times, never bought anything because of the prices and the lack of knowledge of the inventory that they had. I was in Mobile one day decided to try the store there and was amazed at the difference. The guy behind the gun counter new exactly what I was looking for, the price was spot on not jacked up, even gave comparisons plus made it clear that there was 10% off all store items that weekend plus told me that they offer price protection there,not only with other large stores but with any store that I get a price from. Fair enough he earned my business in the future.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    They do run 10% off everything on occasion. I didn't see it in their ad this week.
    I wonder if, when they run the 10% off, it is truly everything or some things are excluded.
    That would be a good deal on things that never go on sale. Tilley hats and Honda generators come to mind.

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The 10% discount was offered to me on a shotgun that they had in stock I had been looking at but not serious about purchasing one so I new what I could get one for. Their price was a little lower than the retail price that I had been seeing and with the 10% discount that made it in the ball park especially when it was in hand and I did not have to order. I have to say though that I still prefer to do business with my more local dealers so I can do my part to help keep them in business.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Went there to pick up a safe today. I did see a nice G22 and a G27 for $450 each. After taxes, that's right on with their street price for us no longer blue label types.

Dan, i was under the impression blue label was extended to prior service? Either way at 450, I'll bet that's used(at gander), and I bet you could find one cheaper on here or armslist before they offer another at that price.

I have seen good prices, like 400$ for great condition used p99, the cs45 I found, etc.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't, If I buy in a store I try my best to support small businesses. Half of the time I will go out of my way to a small business because generally their knowledge on the topic seems well informed vs going to the big businesses. Fishing equipment I usually run to Gulf Breeze Bait&Tackle or Outcast. I use to go to Hot Spots did they go out of business or move? The guys I dealt with there did great customer service. Anything to deal with firearms or hunting I go to Mikes. If I ever become in a rush and need to go to a "mainstream business" I go to Academy....

Last edited:

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Well, I got a Gander sale circular in the mail yesterday. On the back page was Federal Lake City XM193 5.56 for $6.99.
    Heck, that's about as good as it gets per round if you are just buying small quantities. Maybe Gander has some decent prices on occasion.
    So I went by there about 4:15 this afternoon. None in stock. They still suck.
    I'm looking forward to the going-out-of-business sale.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    They'll just shift inventory to another storefront, or offer online sales to your local ffl.
    Online buyers love over priced crap.

Armyvet35N

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The guys that sell firearms in Gander are commission based. But yeah, those prices are up there! I buy most of my stuff online using my mil/le discount.

plparsons23

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll give props to the gunsmith at the Pensacola store, was the nearest Bersa service center to me when the extractor on my wife's Thunder Plus broke. They had it turned around in tw

RGriff

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep fell subject to them once when my wife HAD to have a Sig Sauer p938 extreme. She couldn't wait for me to find another Extreme at a better price. $750 later but I have a happy wife now....

Top Bottom