• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got to handle one at either Jim's or Pensacola Indoor Shooting Range; I forget which. Pretty neat concept available in 9mm also. But like earlier said, cost keep me out.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The feed system is similar to almost every belt-fed machine gun our military uses...

Pull the cartridge from the links and push it into the chamber...

Those moving parts seem to be quite reliable in the machine guns.

If Arne decided to make an XR45L - I'll consider adding one to my safe.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Ya and I'll go ahead and say it,
    Crew served machine guns take a lot more upkeep and attention than most commercial semi auto pistols.
    And without that proper maintenance and upkeep, those weapons become really heavy paper weights.

My little joke while a sentry was I always knew someone tried to clean a 50 because the bolt was stuck half way. I don't think the browning m2 was even a complicated weapon to disassemble and clean. No thanks, there's plenty of small enough 45's that are reasonably priced and as simple as pie.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Most things are as reliable as you care to ensure they remain with cleaning and maintenance. I remember the days when wheel guns were King.

As more and more semi-autos hit the markets - the purists exclaimed the revolver was more reliable. Funny, every revolver course I took at Southern Exposure Training Center in Lakeland had quite a few malfunctions in the class.

Get some unburnt powder under the ejector or a high primer, jumped crimp, etc. and the trusty old wheel gun can become a paper weight as well. Not to mention many small moving parts and springs in the lock work to fail.

Innovative and different doesn't always increase the probability for failure. Gaston Glock proved that to be the case in the '80s. ;)

Last edited:

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Ok and since a glock is simpler than both this new design, and the revolver, I still like bohica's statement.
    I'll also bet with this roh-er, boberg, oal of cartridge plays hell with function.
    Plenty of innovation dead ends, and I'm not saying this isn't a sound design, but I agree with the other guys that say not something I wanna give a shot for 1k$.

Top Bottom