• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shrimp Basket Robbed at Gunpoint *UPDATE*

I worked many years in the bar and restaurant business, and something like this was always a concern after closing. Disturbing to see the employees all corralled together like that and glad it didn't end with a backroom slaughter. Should never, ever allow yourself to be taken to the backroom or cooler/freezer, though in this case the three BGs got the jump and had the upper hand on the unarmed employees so it didn't appear they had much choice. Fortunate that it didn't end tragically.

Employees at the Shrimp Basket on North Navy Boulevard were robbed at gunpoint by three masked men Saturday night.

Shrimp Basket employees robbed at gunpoint

Last edited:

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We ate at the Shrimp Basket in Bay Minette last night. Kinda makes me rethink only having six rounds (XDs .45).

I do carry an extra mag but with that many bad guys, where does one find the time to change mags?

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got robbed at gunpoint delivering pizza in one of the better neighborhoods in Pensacola 20+ years ago. It ain't any fun at all. The guy and his girlfriend, who drove the car, were caught two days later. He still had a check he took for me made out to the pizza company. They both got nice long jail sentences.

Glad these folks were unharmed.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Gave me the creeps watching that video. I knew the outcome but still halfway thought they might decide to leave no witnesses.
    Glad they got lucky.

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    News said a grey mini van. Could be the bunch besides me. 20 30 cars a day in and out stay for 5 min. Rumer is heroine and meth. 6 weeks ago 1 of them shot the old couple to death in baker for a bottle of pills. They got caught "renting" the car out for bank robbery years back. The Grey mini van been missing all weekend.

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Every one on my street has called and been in person. Nothing happened. At least 15 calls to the police

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    We ate at the Shrimp Basket in Bay Minette last night. Kinda makes me rethink only having six rounds (XDs .45).

I do carry an extra mag but with that many bad guys, where does one find the time to change mags?
    go to a steyr model gb....

18 in the mag, one in the pipe....no safety, double action,decocker lever....spare mag give 18 more....
    9mm

it is a masterpiece of engineering, breaks down to only 4 pcs..quickly..

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Splash two...

Two suspects captured and five are still on the loose.

In the surveillance video you see three men now identified as Jevon Scott, Bruce Williams Jr, and Jarvis Lewis entering the Shrimp Basket armed. Scott punches one of the female employees in the face.

You can also see Ivy Shipman. He's an employee of the Shrimp Basket, but investigators say he was in on the crime. They also say he is a member of the West Coast Crips.

Shrimp Basket robbers: Two caught, five still on the loose

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Not exactly a clone according to wikipedia, more of an early US made version.. that one on GB seems like a steal if parts are available. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steyr_GB

it was supposed to be under lic from Steyr, but poorly made, spoiled he market for the real thing..

it is an awesome gun, made in austria by craftsmen

Last edited:

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shrimp Basket Robs Customer

Of $14.99 for an oyster basket I wouldn't feed to a dog. I'm done.

Rick

+100000 I've eaten in three different ones in the last year. Sucked every time. They used to be a decent place. There's a new one in Auburn on the main highway close to the university veterinary campus. The locals say it sucks too.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    +100000 I've eaten in three different ones in the last year. Sucked every time. They used to be a decent place. There's a new one in Auburn on the main highway close to the university veterinary campus. The locals say it sucks too.

Reminds me... David's Catfish in Milton is crap too.

Jaxon1023

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I worked there for 11 years and was a cook at the original one in gulf shores and general manager for the one in foley. Food was great when it was ask one restaurant deal but when the second owner passed and the other partnered with a money hungry guy as himself. They started expanding and lost touch from getting seafood from the local places. My wife was a general manager at the one on navy blvd ( she was a server at the one in foley that's how we met lol) and they had the same thing happen a few years ago. Luckily she was off but they put them all in the cooler then also. I would sit up there armed on nights she closed along with another guy. She's now a server at mcguires for the past 7 years. Much better food lol

BamaFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I worked there for 11 years and was a cook at the original one in gulf shores and general manager for the one in foley. Food was great when it was ask one restaurant deal but when the second owner passed and the other partnered with a money hungry guy as himself. They started expanding and lost touch from getting seafood from the local places. My wife was a general manager at the one on navy blvd ( she was a server at the one in foley that's how we met lol) and they had the same thing happen a few years ago. Luckily she was off but they put them all in the cooler then also. I would sit up there armed on nights she closed along with another guy. She's now a server at mcguires for the past 7 years. Much better food lol

You probably know Larry Dale James

Top Bottom