• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    tennjeep you've shot uspsa for a while now you get your ranking yet?

Today was my 3rd USPSA match, and only the 2nd as a USPSA member. I need to shoot at least 4 more classifiers before I get a classification. MPSA is going to host a "classifier match" on the first July date, which will consist of at least 4 classifiers.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    TJ, what OAL? Do you use a case gauge?

1.180" OAL. No I don't have a .40 case gauge yet, but these did go through a Lee FCD. I was going to get a hundo, but I wanted to make sure I stuck with .40 before investing. I guess I need to go ahead and place an order for one.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Unfortunately, some brass does spring back after going through the pass-through sizer die (redding grx/lee buldge buster). The case gauge is a must IMO. The DAA 20 rounds does not hurt my wallet as much as the hundo. Hope you get it running man.

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Unfortunately, some brass does spring back after going through the pass-through sizer die (redding grx/lee buldge buster). The case gauge is a must IMO. The DAA 20 rounds does not hurt my wallet as much as the hundo. Hope you get it running man.

I suspect it has something to do with trying to feed .40 out of 10mm mags. The rounds had no problems going into battery, but they didn't want to feed into the chamber. I guess I need to take it to the range and try to find out exactly what's happening when it FTF's.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My run. Had a damn good stage 1 but in all the excitement, forgot to turn on the GoPro. During string 1 of the classifier stage, I had a mag completely lock up. After getting back to the staging area, a couple of taps on the bench set the baby free and launched my bb's all over the place! This is what I get for making fun of Brant's "bolt action" pistol...lol

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    man you guys are so damn fast....I'd still like to eventually get out there but it just seems WAYYY above my skill level right now.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm working on my vids now, I don't think it's above a skill level starting out. Just like any other shooting sport, make sure you understand the safety rules and the function of your firearm. The rest is just the learning curve and having fun.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I just had a crazy thought about my problems in the match. I wonder if the thumb rest was causing me to ride the slide stop. I'm gonna test it tomorrow. I can't believe I didn't think of that before just now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom