• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Industry groups are working with United Parcel Service to reverse its recent decision to no longer ship registered Title II suppressors, even in cases where the items are going from dealer to dealer.

UPS, commonly also referred to as Brown, is the world’s largest package delivery service and has its headquarters in Georgia. However, among its more than 15 million packages delivered each day will no longer be suppressors, apparently over concerns of compliance issues.

More at the link:

UPS moves to stop carrying shipments of firearms suppressors

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Wait till companies stop using them to ship firearms, powder, primers, ammo and any other gun related accessories. The bottom line will probably cause them to reconsider this decision. But then it will be too late.

Sucks they made this decision.......

Doc

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    multiple sources state this is incorrect. UPS moves to not ship suppressors to/from individuals, but only through proper FFL channels.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This move was a clarification of the existing policy. The policy is in place to keep UPS in compliance with federal regulations.

"Many manufacturers with the proper FLLs can ship to a consumer or other business entities provided they are able to legally receive the shipment.

For instance a manufacturer in GA could not ship to an end user in CT, it has to go to an FLL holder with the proper SOT.

This came about when reviewing the shipment of a specific company. However only one shipment was refused and now this customer has an exception to the national policy based on federal regulations."
    - See more at: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/05/20/the-ups-situation-clarified/#sthash.oUiSv91K.dpuf

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It seems ksenter may be correct. The quote he has though, looks like snipped pieces of the quote in the article I posted, by Steve Gaut, VP for public relations with UPS. It would do them well to further clarify, as the article I posted shows concern by several firearms groups:

“Earlier this week, ASA was made aware of the decision by UPS to cease all shipments of firearm suppressors,” Knox Williams, president of the American Suppressor Association told Guns.com Sunday. “We have been working alongside NRA and NSSF to get to the bottom of the issue.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It seems ksenter may be correct. The quote he has though, looks like snipped pieces of the quote in the article I posted, by Steve Gaut, VP for public relations with UPS. It would do them well to further clarify, as the article I posted shows concern by several firearms groups:

“Earlier this week, ASA was made aware of the decision by UPS to cease all shipments of firearm suppressors,” Knox Williams, president of the American Suppressor Association told Guns.com Sunday. “We have been working alongside NRA and NSSF to get to the bottom of the issue.

So based on the response give above, it appears that the poster is calling out another member for not being able to think for himself and just copying some snipped pieces of an article that he posted. Real Nice there!!

Last edited:

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I didnt take it that way. I think he's saying it would do UPS better to clarify and possibly produce an official statement. However, I did just copy & paste, haha.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Imagine opening a shipment facility that only ships firearms/bows/ hunting and outdoor stuff. Make it comeptive rates with other companies hmmmm.... I wonder what the buisness would be like?

Marquezj16

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Imagine opening a shipment facility that only ships firearms/bows/ hunting and outdoor stuff. Make it comeptive rates with other companies hmmmm.... I wonder what the buisness would be like?

It would have to be a pretty big company to compete with the big three. Even if you're just regional. Trucks and planes move things. People want next day or two day shipping. How many employees would you need to run the business and facilities. Maybe locally it could work for a start up.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It would have to be a pretty big company to compete with the big three. Even if you're just regional. Trucks and planes move things. People want next day or two day shipping. How many employees would you need to run the business and facilities. Maybe locally it could work for a start up.

That is a given. I should've re-phrased my question. I wonder how fast buisness would take off? I guess we will always wonder until someone does it.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'd like to see what percentage of their business is firearms/controlled items. Willing to bet it's pretty small.

Top Bottom