• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Running into a little bit of a problem today. In preparation of this weekends IDPA match, I picked up some sling swivels for the shotgun as there is a shotgun sidematch. I wasnt equipped properly and have waited til now. With a sling swivel on the assembly cap (end of magazine tube) and a swivel on the bottom of the buttstock, the shotgun doesnt lay flat while on a sling. It lays upside down. I think I'm gonna have to overnight a side sling adaptor that mounts behind the receiver in front of the buttstock unless someone corrects me. I can carry it over one shoulder, but will hinder running/walking in the IDPA enviornment I would imagine, or I could sling it behind the back, but again, doesnt make access quick. Any suggestions?

I'll check back shortly. Meanwhile, I'll be searching for a sling adaptor for the receiver (between receiver and stock).

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I have my 590 set up similar with a magpul sling, the trigger guard sits about mid chest at about a 45 degree. Sling is over the right shoulder and below the left. Sound right?

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    yes, sling over right shoulder and below the left arm. Found what I need at midway. Hate paying for overnight ship, but I'm too damn excited and "gotta have it". Mikes, Jims, TGD, Gander, no one has it in town. Dangit! I didnt check Jays but I'm not gonna wait and not be able to have what I need.

I'll be using a Magpul MS2

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    amazon for the first time sent me the wrong product. I told them I needed the new one tomorrow but they won't do overnight but gave me a free month of prime (go figure). I'll just do some paracord so I can get my 2 point sling on and correct it later.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    nah i'm good I'm not expecting to do too well. I'm so used to the 870 i'm not used to the safety on top and the action lever isn't where I'm used to.

you running a WC Scattergun?

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    you know you can use mine if you want....you'll end up liking it and I'll be a friend and straight trade you for one of those wilsons you got... but for real you know you can use mine if you want.

Top Bottom