• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3154tm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    hi all,
    i'm hoping someone here has direct experience with the silencerco ss sparrow II suppressor. i'm thinking of upgrading to an easier to clean can and this one looks like it might just do the trick.
    anyone care to comment?
    thanks

3154tm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    thanks for the heads up, i'll give him a call. i was hoping to hook up with someone here so i could listen to it before buying. i'd like to compare it to my little gemtech outback that works great. it's just a pita to clean and not rated for full auto. maybe Little Jack's can help me out.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I have the first gen Sparrow. A friend has the 2nd (current) gen version. Not a great difference in sound between them, but his is a touch quieter, shorter, but heavier due to steel instead of aluminum. After comparing the two, I haven't seen a big need to have mine upgraded to gen II specs. Another friend also has a gen I, and he hasn't seen a need to upgrade. But then you would be buying new and getting the latest anyway. You are free to come to my place just north of Milton and compare your Outback to my Sparrow. At least you'd know the gen II would be a touch (decibel or 2 or 3) quieter. If you want, we can even shoot them up into the air to eliminate the sound of the bullet hitting so you get a better idea of the sound or lack of. I normally shoot std vel or subsonic in mine to make it quieter, but can shoot whatever ammo you want. The Sparrows don't seem to alter the impact point, whether gen I or II.

PM if you want to come out and compare. We can shoot at my place, day or night.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I've got the sparrow and the specter on hand if you want to hear them. The sparrow is easy to take apart. I haven't shot the specter enough to tell if it's as easy to down but the click together baffles keep the crud from getting to the tube. I recommend the specter based on hand for buck. It's significantly cheaper than the sparrow with similar performance. Im not knocking the sparrow by any means but they're both worth a look.

3154tm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    daezee, thanks for your generous offer. i'm waiting for a can i sent back to Bowers for re-grooving to come back as well as a loader and a couple of mags from Lage manufacturing. soon as they get here i'll PM you.
    frank
    Little Jack(?), called and left a message on your service.

Top Bottom